Thread: Is it possible to PvP without being a supertwink?

Is it possible to PvP without being a supertwink?

Im just curious, all you PvP'ers out there. I am NOT a supertwink. I am still lvling out my first real character ( i dont count my re-rolls as I was learning the game ) And I am a doc. I have put ALOT of IP into my wepons skills and am now wielding 2 home deffenders. Both are close to QL100. All my arm is ql110-115 or so. ( docs cant really OE Armour much, and the duel wielders can OE cause there is no multi wield buff ) From what I read, I will be "uber" later in thegame, but I have tried PvP'ing a bit here and there. I might kill 1 or 2, maybe three people. Then I get owned by some Enf or Soldier with a ql200 beam/nova or something when he himself is lvl 100. This one guy had ql170 impys in at lvl 98. I guess what I am asking is, is it possible for the non REALLY hardcore OE'er/twinker to do well in pvp ever? Or will I get owned forever untill i get to higher lvls? Win a few fights here and there, then get owned? This seems to be the case with all the non super twinks I know. Do you need to make a SEPERATE PvP character in most case's? one for PvP to supertwink and one for Hunting/teaming?
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

You need to level some. Also, 2 home defenders isn't a great choice. Go with 1 windchaser or 1 ithaca and get a good LLTS on. with plants and trader buffs you should be able to get on a 100 at least without spending an IP. You also need to get some of you better dots and debuffs. At least be able to use Cellular Dismantlement and rapid palsy.

A twink allways has a clear advantage over the regualar guy player. As far as a doc goes, a doc with an ithica is a hard thing to beet. I dueled an 84 doc with ithica, im a 85 fixer dueling gammas, most every hit i put out was 150 damage her hits where only 50 and she just healed all my damage away proceeded to eventually get 3 crits for 625 on me and i was dead, its a good thing that IPR is being put in, there would be alot of unhappy people with shotguns after they nerf em.

corse with the OE change extreem twinking is kind of going away, i can still see certain situations where low duration buffs would still be able to give you 80% skill for a short time, long enough to kill someone quick.

Home defenders arent great though, its the lack of special attacks and the fact that they are slow that gets them, an ithica has like a 1.2 reset and has aim and fling, wich in pvp is pretty much like having 2 flings. Everyone is using ithicas now they are the best, trystar the 184 Fixer RK2 was using one the other day when i passed mmd but like i said when every ranged class in the game starts using a weapon no matter the ip cost its prime to get nerfed.

Melbringi 85 Clan Fixer RK2

lol

I think shotties should get some form of toning down, they're really overpowering in both PvP and PvM. Though it is funny to see a 50 trader take out a 60 soldier in five hits(three crits, and the other two 20s lol)

To answer the orginal post, yes you can PvP without being a supertwink. Will you win? Probably not.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

He's not really in the twink range anymore. Nitsobar you can do it, you need to build yourself for speed a bit. After 100 There really isn't such a thing as a twink. Anyone can put in ql170 plants by around 110. The low hundreds are bad pvp levels, after 130-140 you get in a more competitive range. In the low 100s you are just getting past all the skill caps, most PVPers are higher.

I suggest that when everyone goes to kill trasque you hop on board. Usually the omni just stand at the top of the stairs wondering where their guards are at, but every so often a brave one wonders down. I'd stick to being in a large group till you bust past 130 for pvp, then go to more small group areas.

Docs can be one of the better PVP classes, second to traders and soldiers but when played well able to really dominate.

Originally posted by ULTRA1
    He's not really in the twink range anymore. Nitsobar you can do it, you need to build yourself for speed a bit. After 100 There really isn't such a thing as a twink. Anyone can put in ql170 plants by around 110. The low hundreds are bad pvp levels, after 130-140 you get in a more competitive range. In the low 100s you are just getting past all the skill caps, most PVPers are higher.

I suggest that when everyone goes to kill trasque you hop on board. Usually the omni just stand at the top of the stairs wondering where their guards are at, but every so often a brave one wonders down. I'd stick to being in a large group till you bust past 130 for pvp, then go to more small group areas.

Docs can be one of the better PVP classes, second to traders and soldiers but when played well able to really dominate.

Thank you for the advice. I guess I have some learning to do. i The best I was able to do was get my ql125 impys in. And I thought I was doing bood in getting that.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Doh, didn't see his level at his sig.

Yeah, docs can be good at PvP. You just need to be about 10% smarter then what you have equiped, be mindful of who you fight and simply, have fun doing it.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm