Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Restoring the Old Athen Restoration Project

Omni concerns are really irrelevant. The city is not yours and you don't have the strength to take it back (to destroy it OT is great at, but not capturing). So take your hollow threats somewhere else, this is a Clan internal matter and even I won't feel any qualms about unleshing the Sentinels this time if you get inbetween.

Originally posted by Boltgun
    I like the independant guards idea.
    It would prevent some extremists from taking control of the streets and block the access to the neutrals. It would really hurt if we loose the right to move in Athen.
    The Knights and Eco Warriors I'm sure wouldn't block access to neutrals. Simon Silverstone I'm sure would, but we could be careful not to give him to critical of a traffic area. Maybe even grant him a small section in trade for return of one of the Tir county outposts to general clan control. The main reason for it would be for new clan members to get familiar with the appearance of the major clans and get to know them better. This would restore more unity among the clans which has fallen apart since the fall of the Council of Truth.

I'm glad to see so much clan support, hopefully we can continue to get more and eventually get support from the Clan architects of Old Athen.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Sallust's proposal of engaging the clans in a joint effort to remake Old Athen is commendable. I say with deliberance the word "remake" and not "restore" as the truth of Sallust's proposal is more along the lines of having the city remade into something that reflects the diversity of the clans, rather than rebuilding the old template of Omni's urban planners. That being said, I will extend the support needed to properly initiate this new project. There is more in this than removing rubble and making Old Athen uniquely Clan in it's design, but rather it is a show of solidarity and to a more ephemeral extent, peace.

-Jake "Juri" Russi

You may interpret my "self-important dribble" any way you like, miss Barnaby. As for appealing.......*laugh*..the workers had no recourse to normal means of communication, much less access to any authority that would forward any appeals to the ICC. You simply fail to see that, understand some crucial facts about what type of oppression OT subjected these individuals too.
    As for dealings with the ICC: We, the Clans are not in any way putting the planet at risk by our actions. OT do.....
    We will deal with ICC on our own footing, and I might add, I beleive successfully so. Yes, we have some cleaning up to do, but that is but a challenge to overcome.
    And.....my goodness....your retorts to my post leaves me with the distinct feeling that you perceive yourself and OT as godlike beings...with the right to treat any life as you wish. "perceived poor working conditions".........I find myself lacking words.
    As for thinking for the group, we are a free people, and as such allow diversity...differences in opinion is not something dangerous to us. We do not kill each other for being independent in mind and value. The same thing cannot be said of your OT depts., where internal power strife, and hidden agendas, killings, etc. seem to be part of the daily routine.
    There is no use to continue this bickering, miss Barnaby, you clearly cannot see past the contract which bears your signature.
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

Please,

could we stop this pointless bickering between Clans and Omni Tek for a moment? I personally don't give a rollerrats ass about what an Omni Tek employee thinks the clans are. And I neither care much about why and what OT did to its employees a couple of centuries back that eventually led to the formation of the Clans. It is good to know history in order to not repeat its mistakes.

But can we look forward for once?

As it stands now, neither the Clans nor OmniTek stand any chance of acquiring sole lease rights over Rubi Ka once the current lease expires. Both the Clans and Omni Tek are far too divided within to undertake such an effort on their own. Hence it will most probably boil down to a conglomerate of leases under the au****es of the ICC.

As for Old Athen:

It is an exclusive Clan project since Omni Tek long since lost executive authority over the city and its sourrounding territories. These are just the mere facts.
    Still, isn't it worth envisaging a place that is at least partially open to members of all factions? Clans, Neutrals and OTRK employees alike?

I think narrow-minded and enbittered clinging to old ideas will not serve anyone in this endeavour.

Sidarion

*voice playback*

Will anything be done to protect the native wildlife that have grown acustomed to the unique ecosystem that have thrived in the areas around Athen/Omni-2, especially in the Wartorn Valley? For once, it would be wise for the Clans to think about the consequences of their actions in oppressing the ecological scientific community. It would be a great blow to the ecologists accross Rubi-Ka if the area was thoughtlessly demolished to the Clan's misguided attempts to make way for 'progress.'

Kithrak unsuccessfully tries to suppress laughing aloud before clicking the recording off.

*end recording*
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Originally posted by Charles
    For once, it would be wise for the Clans to think about the consequences of their actions in oppressing the ecological scientific community. It would be a great blow to the ecologists accross Rubi-Ka if the area was thoughtlessly demolished to the Clan's misguided attempts to make way for 'progress.'
    Hey guys I have an idea! Lets make a weather control system that will kill all the fish on Rubi-Ka!

Oh wait that's been done already ^_-
    Advisor of First Light
    Tradeskill How-To's, Engineer Profession Guides, and Jello Wrestling at The Tir School of Engineering
    Confused by Alien Tech? Check out my Alien Invasion Guides

New to Engineering? Try HighOrbit's Engineer Guide. Thanks HighOrbit

Oh, don't forget OTs other great ideas. Loose import regulations so that rollerrats, Mantises, and other dangerous non-native creatures get lose.

Oh, and lets conduct Omni-Med experiments out in the wild and let all the dangerous mutants get loose, but attempt to destroy any civilized, ecological, and civilized race such as the Rhinomen.

Thanks, we'll give the Eco Warriros at try at East Athen.

Been to the south end of Omni-Ent lately? You guys make a mess of things on your own, and its that mess which we're getting around to cleaning up in Old Athen.

Originally posted by Sallust

Oh, and lets conduct Omni-Med experiments out in the wild and let all the dangerous mutants get loose, but attempt to destroy any civilized, ecological, and civilized race such as the Rhinomen.

Whereas the Clans let loose on the planet the even more dangerous and aggressive cyborgs. Nice work, boys, at least the mutants do not usually attack people on sight.

As for sentient races, such as rhinomen and yuttos, it's probably just for geographical reasons, but its mostly clan and neutrals who prey on them relentlessly.

But returning to the original point of the post, yes Athen has been your for 200 years now, that's a long time to hold a grudge. Have fun rebuilding it.

Savoy
    Last edited by Savoy; Aug 19th, 2003 at 08:39:58.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

With all of this "stone throwing" that's going on here, we should be able to have virtually all of the rubble in Old Athen cleared within the week. Seriously, if we were half as good at making our world a better place than we are at assigning blame, we'd be living in paradise.

-Jake "Juri" Russi

I agree with Morokov and Sallust. Let's do what we're best at and just blow Old Athen and be done with it already. Those buildings will have new facades in no time.
    Last edited by Nevver; Aug 20th, 2003 at 03:52:33.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

*Pictures Nevver blowing Old Athen*
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

I take full responsibility for blowing my top on a few occasions here....and can only agree that from Clan viewpoint, its not very productive. Sometimes, though, OT rhetoric is like a red cloth in my face.
    Well, I agree with the more level headed Clanners here...lets move into the practicals of this operation. Having talked it over with the guild, we agree to muster any help we can, be that manual labour or what have you.
    Sallust, do you foresee any form of planning comitee? Please feel free to call on us for any help you might need.
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

I think the architects should handle the actual planning if this was completed.

We might have some appraisors and surveyors go over and make suggestions though. I've created a link to another area to post this.

I would like to hear from the architects if the previous funds and support was enough for this project. If we need more, we will deliver more.

If Omni-Tek has issues, then they should focus on their own areas. How long has The Canary lounge been down for remodeling after all? You guys can't fix a simple lounge and presume to tell us about our cities.

The red herring about the Canary isn't going to work. Claiming to be equally incompetent isn't going to protect the endangered ecosystem that will be destroyed. Then there is the matter of the continued oppression of Neutrals and the clans advocateing more of it.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Charles, while I applaud your noteable talent at sowing the seeds of discord, and most certainly even the old Trickster god Loki would have some expression of approval at your actions, you'll find that your seeds will take poor root here. The soil your casting your grains of stife upon is hard, stony and without purchase. Feel free to peddle your rhetoric elsewhere. An instigation of argument here will do nothing to disuade the vision and goal to reshape something anew.

Sallust, it might be wise for you to leave out the inflamatory hip shots that you are firing at those uninterested in helping you to achieve your goal. You goal is to create something uniquely clan and is laudable in it's vision of solidarity and diversity. Citing Omni-Tek's ways and methods is couter-productive to your aspiration. If this project proposal is to create something that is uniquely clan, then we should focus there. Not on Omni.

-Jake "Juri" Russi

Something similar had been initiated by the Mercury Dragons Clan in last June ((on Atlantean)), named something like Old Athen Rebuilding Project or close..

It was a good and philanthropic expierience, they even managed to raise 240 millions of donations during a memorable Gathering of Souls (you do remember what a GoS was, don't you ?).

I don't know the details, but it seems that 300 Millions was the price asked by the entrepreneurs, and Dragons seemt rdy to pay the rest.
    Well, the ironic thing is what this guild did whith the money (probably bying tons of massive weapons to 'rebuild' Omni Prime..) as the project never went to its term BUT the main point is : It is Possible

((So if we have the dev team's agreement... lets do it, it would be good for the players to have some impact on the game... for once... again))
    Emilia Enrima Orender, fixer of First Light
    "Whole idea on fixer is being fast, hard to hit. hard to catch and sleazy person in every way. If rooting gives you edge, do it. If u need to chain root, do it. In pvp u use every tool given to you. You are not a knight in shining armor, you are a gangster and thief. You sure dont have to play fair." Snowlion

Since the OT employees keep diverting off the track of the original post, I will help steer it back.
    I think it would be a great idea if we could restore Old Athens. I has been in need of renovations for a long time. If OT does loose it's lease great! It would be a great start for us to get on with the rest of our lives in an Omni free world. If for some unforseen reason OT keeps the lease. It will still be a nice message to them letting them know that we are not leaving any time soon.
    So as you see it is a win win situation. If you need any help with this let me know.
    "You have enemies huh? Good. It means you have stood up for something."

Squad Commander, Aethyr Knights
    Atlantian

Originally posted by Jake Russi
    Charles, while I applaud your noteable talent at sowing the seeds of discord, and most certainly even the old Trickster god Loki would have some expression of approval at your actions, you'll find that your seeds will take poor root here.
    I wouldn't be a very good employee of Omni-Admin to just let this go by unopposed would I? *chuckles* You have been poor sports, few clanners ever bother to exercise diplomacy these days. The Council of Truth(or Council of Lies as some liked to call them) was more approachable than the clanners following in their footsteps.

Originally posted by Savoy
    Makes you wonder, if you really did not like Omni 2 (Athen), why did you take it away from us?

Savoy
    Athen (Omni-2) was taken because it was a great spring board for Omni-Tek forces to move in the northern half of the terraformed part of the planet. In order to secure the top half of the colonized surface that city needed to be controlled by Clans.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Originally posted by Charles

I wouldn't be a very good employee of Omni-Admin to just let this go by unopposed would I? *chuckles* You have been poor sports, few clanners ever bother to exercise diplomacy these days. The Council of Truth(or Council of Lies as some liked to call them) was more approachable than the clanners following in their footsteps.
    Mr. Houston? You would speak so ill of me? I guess this may very well end any diplomatic relationships we may have had in the past.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast