Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Restoring the Old Athen Restoration Project

Restoring the Old Athen Restoration Project

Quite some time ago now that its mostly forgotten in the collapse of the Council of Truth and other critical events was a project to raise money for the restoration of Old Athen.

Old Athen is the first and foremost of many Clan cities, but its still littered with Omni-Tek garbage left from centuries ago.

Its time to unlock those funds, donate more if need be, and get clan artisans and constructors in to fix up Old Athen.

I propose that:
    • All Omni-Tek signs and propaganda be permently removed
      We construct our own statues and reface some of the drab Omni architecture.
      The some of the more disruptive debris is removed

Old Athen should resemble a city for all the Clans, because it is. I propose that each major clan donate its own architects for the project.

I would like to see Clan Knights redo the architecture on and around the Cathedral on the north end of the city. Restore and reopen this site as a place of religious freedom.

Clan Eco Warriors should take the east end and remove the rubble and replace it with the plants and natural attractions they so love.

I propose that Clan Sentinels take the south end around their tower store and fix it up. Remove the OT statues and put in your own. Time for your actions to live up a little more to your rhetoric.

Maybe even we can get the Athen city council to approve a few of each Clans independent guards and use them as an opportunity to teach everyone about our different Clans.

Please, lets show what a real city belonging to all the clans should look like and complete this long forgotten vision of the Clans.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Let's see if we can contact some entrepreneurs who are willing to do the job and have a good record of past projects. Also, what the price will be for the restoration of one (1) Clan City.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Makes you wonder, if you really did not like Omni 2 (Athen), why did you take it away from us?

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Not only do the Clan scum take our city, they propose to rip down our glorious buildings and put up their own disgusting constructions! Do not bother to "restore" Omni-2, for Omni-Tek will not let you keep it. We will reclaim that which is ours, and sweep the rebel filth off Rubi-Ka!
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

Yes, we will not let you keep athens, we wil have it back before you can say, Old Athens.
    Characters on Atlantean
    Main Character: Ardoyt Former Rubi-Ka Citizen and Former Omni-Admin Employee
    Characters on Rimor
    Deleted
    Anarchy Online Related Stuff
    Former AO Stratics News and "The Community Says" Reporter
    The Death of Ardoyt

We didnt take it from you. We just send a messenger that you can keep your filthy city and Omni-tek ran away screaming of fear.
    Its not our fault Omni's are chickens.

But I applaude this project and i will ask around who else is interested.
    Kayl - Adventurer
    Niomay - Shade
    Barenn - Soldier <--- retired due to being extremely gimpy

8Proud members of Tiger Claw7

YOU ARE WRONG! Clanners are chicken's hiding in Tir behind 1k damage shield mobs.
    Characters on Atlantean
    Main Character: Ardoyt Former Rubi-Ka Citizen and Former Omni-Admin Employee
    Characters on Rimor
    Deleted
    Anarchy Online Related Stuff
    Former AO Stratics News and "The Community Says" Reporter
    The Death of Ardoyt

I like the independant guards idea.
    It would prevent some extremists from taking control of the streets and block the access to the neutrals. It would really hurt if we loose the right to move in Athen.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Dear Carl Banks,

lets not unsettle the balance of power here. I believe that, beyond doubt, Old Athen is a city of the clans and has been for a long time now. With the current power structure on Rubi Ka, there is no way, Omni Tek could ever hope to wrest it back from the Clans.

Regarding the proposal of rebuilding the city:

Old Athen not only stands as a reminder of the century long struggle between the corporation and rebel elements, it also is a scar marring the face of Rubi Ka. Should we ever hope to achieve some form of co-existence with Omnis and Neutrals alike in the future, I believe it to be crucial to lay the past to rest and build something oriented towards the future.
    Omni-Teks lease of Rubi-Ka will expire in the not so distant future. We should already now be aiming at the time that will follow this era. How we will share the planet together? How we will share the profit of Notum Mining. It would be naive to think that skirmishes and squabbles will die, too much is at stake for that to happen. But we could at least strive for preserving the status quo.

It will take a long time to rebuild Old Athen. After all, Rome wasn't built in one day (excuse the pun).
    I am all for preserving some of the proud Omni Tek architecture, but I am yearning for getting rid of the slums and devastated quarters in the northern quarters. Lets get together and plan something.

Sincerely,

Sidarion

You make far too many assumptions Sidarion. It is still of no certainty that Omni-Tek's lease will expire. In fact, diplomats from the Corporation are continuously lobying the ICC for an extension of its terms. Although current ICC leadership may not be favourable towards such extension, we have no doubt that Omni-Tek's chances of renewal are promising.

As for sharing the profits from the Notum even if the lease expires, who is to say that the ICC would even recognize the Clans as legitimate trading partners? Given that they deregulated the market and left clanners out of the final sale, I think it quite likely they would laugh at any attempt by the clans to set up a "legitimate" business.

I have no objections to the clans retaining their control over the cesspool that is Old Athen. If it were truly valuable to the Corporation, we would have taken it back long, long ago.

Omni-Tek is Rubi-Ka.

I whole heartedly support the idea of cleaning up Old Athens, by any means possible.
    To the OT dilletants that have taken time to post in regard to this, I will simply say : Do we, the Clans, even begin to care what you think of our efforts to restore Old Athens? The answer is a resounding NO! This does not concern you anymore......
    As for OT's hold on the lease...we shall see.......given that the ICC is at all concerned with resource control it would be folly of them not to consider the Clan alternative. The Clans want to preserve the planet, not reduce it to a pile of useless rubble, deprived of its essence. OT experiments on so many levels have clearly shown that you do not care one bit about life, environment or anything else normally considered moral values. Extort, oppress, destroy and annihilate.....that is the OT way........it simply cannot prevail.......it is a contradiction in terms.
    When contemplating the long term effects, I have no doubt that ICC and the vast economic powers that be, might look at this with slightly a different viewpoint than you self-righteous OT personell convey.
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

As a clanner Cogs, you have no right to criticize others about moral values. Why? How about respect for the rule of law...that went out the window when you chose Clan didn't it? Deference to authority? Oh wait that went out too...

...and perhaps the greatest irony of you preaching morality is the subject of this discussion...the (self-admitted) theft of an entire city from its rightful owners.

In light of this, do you honestly think the ICC will ever take your kind seriously?

Seems to me Omni version of law is quite out the window. Witness the events of Society of Salvation vs Xtronica. How about Devil's Advocate? Chimera or their spawn, Decadence is it? Omni know more and practice in-fighting more than anyone. Some control OTRK has on their employees.

As to the restoration project, I'd gladly donate resources to help clean up Old Athen.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Cogs, I agree in that I do not think OT stands any chance of getting the lease renewed or extended any further. OTRK management of Rubi-Ka has been
    littered with problems and with violence. I am not sure any other corporation would have done a better job given the intransigent. nature of many clans, but the fact of the matter it OTRK rule has been far from an unqualified success.

On the other hand I do not see the clans being particulalry well placed to take up the lease of the ICC when it expires. Over the last couple of years the clans have descended deeper into anarachy and civil war. If they wish to become credible contender fo rthe ICC lease on Rubi-Ka, they will have a lot of hard work ahead of them in the next 50 years to clean up their act.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

The Society of Salvation vs. Xtronica matter is nothing more than a petty misunderstanding. As both organizations are fringe groups associated with Omni-Tek (as opposed to more core departments such as Omni-Pol and Red Tape of Omni-Admin), it is of little relevance to the Corporation.

Devil's Advocate is, at present, an organization faithful to Omni-Tek and the Corporation's way of life. So is Decadence; do not mistake their opinions as dissent.

Regardless of the "version of law" (as you put it), it is still the law. It is a law sanctioned and endorsed by the ICC and its member corporations. It is only the Clans that think this wrong.

You are so historyless, miss Barnaby! Have you a clue why the Clans are the Clans?? In self defence, workers arose to the general abuse and mistreatment imposed on them by so called OT "laws". Clanners rose, and no longer recognize your OT law as anything but a pitiful excuse to mistreat and abuse hard working individuals. I suggest you dig deeper, and find the real reason why things are as they are on Rubi-Ka today. The only problem is, you will never understand, as you have no comprehension of human values and compassion. So, miss Banaby, take your law, and apply it to your OT personnel. It is of no use or importance to us, the Clanners.
    You will continue to use words that suit you to justify the way you need to see things. But beware, miss Barnaby....the day you start thinking for yourself, OT might just shoot you......as have happened to so many other of your previous colleagues, who finally got a revelation....and saw things for what they really are.

Old Athens has always belonged to us....that is our law.....and in no way does it hold any less truth than yours!!
    Long live the Clans, and our dear city!
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

Decadence wants to overthrow Boss Ross by force. That is lawful? I think not. Fringe Omni groups? They are all still employees sanctioned by OTRK.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Cogs
    In self defence, workers arose to the general abuse and mistreatment imposed on them by so called OT "laws". Clanners rose, and no longer recognize your OT law as anything but a pitiful excuse to mistreat and abuse hard working individuals. I suggest you dig deeper, and find the real reason why things are as they are on Rubi-Ka today.
    So, as a result of (what the workers perceived) as poor working conditions, they undertook a violent campaign, attacking their superiors. Simultaneously they chose (yes, chose) to ignore the laws of the planet and the known universe. Rather than follow proper legal channels and appeal to the ICC, they chose to ignore all proper procedures and protocols. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice...

The only problem is, you will never understand, as you have no comprehension of human values and compassion. So, miss Banaby, take your law, and apply it to your OT personnel. It is of no use or importance to us, the Clanners.
    Omni-Tek's law is the law of the ICC. We follow all ICC regulations, directives and ordinances. By foresaking the law of the Corporation, you have forsaken the law of the ICC. Care to rethink your (somewhat foolish) theory that the ICC will actually want to deal with you *if* Omni-Tek's lease isn't extended?

....the day you start thinking for yourself, OT might just shoot you......as have happened to so many other of your previous colleagues, who finally got a revelation....and saw things for what they really are.
    And there lies the problem with the Clans. "Thinking for yourself". You have no concept of thinking for others, all you do is pursue your own foolish amibitions to the ruin of your people.

Omni-Tek encourages its employees to think for themselves, but more importantly to think for the overall group. Once you come out of your little bubble of self-important dribble, you might see just how important that latter point is.

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    Decadence wants to overthrow Boss Ross by force. That is lawful? I think not. Fringe Omni groups? They are all still employees sanctioned by OTRK.
    Neither Nightfall Research nor Omni-Reform have any comment as to the validity of Decadence's opinion.

Validity? Just ask them or look at the historical record.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast