Mahdi 1
    Tiggss 1
    Rhayden 1
    malaclypse 1
    Arinia 1
    Vrach 1
    Valen 1
    Skybert 1
    Cosmik 1 <----------------- FC @ WORK!!!!!!!!
    Hextorr 1
    Rated 1
    PaulyShore 1

64? ONLY 64? D@mn I must be slipping...
    Princess"Lashleigh" Tabledancer - Unit member of Nirvana

Yes, I had my own fan club. Behold the power of spam....

Lightbulb Random Thoughts :)

The year seems to be almost like a hub, or a center point in time, mostly for American. For 80 years before, everything was different; the people, clothing, and culture. Now its 80 years later, and once again a lot of things are different but some have remained the same. In 1918 World War I ended by the aid of the Americans. This year was also when the United States was more than a World Power; it became the greatest power in the world! For a while, Americans believed that it was their duty to provide a model for the old world countries; but not all, Woodrow Wilson visited France to show his respect once the war was over. Little girls threw rose petals from baskets at him to show him their true appreciation. All over the world the U.S, credited mostly to Wilson, was getting appreciation even in countries like Hungary were they called him “Uilson!”
    Then came the down side and the criticism. “Did America really win the war?”; “Did they come too late?”. Well yes, and no; for America helped to win the war but not alone, the Americans also arrived 15 months late after they declared war. As for World War II, the French called it quits once the Americans arrived never forgetting their death rate of 35men to every 1000! Was there a more important year, or were they both? In 1918 the United States waged, and finished the war almost alone; yet in 1945, the U.S won wars to a 2 sided war, the Atlantic (Europe) and over to the Pacific (Japan). Quite possibly it is WWII, for in 1918, U.S troops left European territory shortly after; but now they remain there since 1945 protecting and serving the European people. Yet it ends that now, 80 years later the United States is once again the same great world power, but many things have changed for the better maybe for the worse.

Opinion:
    Personally I believed that WWII was far more major than the First World War, for MANY more died to such an idiotic reason as “Jews are bad.” Also I liked the thought that there are still many troops around in Europe if anything else ever happens. I’m sure that this will remain true, to keep up the peace in the East. Adolph Hitler was a crazy man and everyone knew it, I’m sure even the Germany’s thought so at the time. However so, Hitler was a man of destruction, and what he said was done! I too believe that he was a loony, a crack, and a psycho. He is the true blame behind the war for his ignorance and misjudgment cause millions upon millions of lives to innocent people. His name will never be forgotten and I hope that Germany will never rise again, and be scorned for their evil deeds not too long ago!
    { Rubi-Ka 1 }
    BARTIMO - 45+ Enforcer [Kick'in @$$]
    XOFO - 55 Adventurer [Retired]

{ DAoC }
    ZOFO DAMOFO - 46 Bard Igraine [Pretty much RETIRED, heh]
    ZOFO DAMOFO - 33 Skald Gawaine [Retired]

Medics:
    Imagine ducking from fire, avoiding the bullets of pain and death when all of a sudden through the bushes a large shard of shrapnel pierces through your leg and you fall to the ground! What do you yell? Ghostbusters? He he, not during this time; its World War II and your best friend is your weapon and your nearby “MEDIC!!!!”. Without him, you’d be helplessly stranded unable to move. He’s not only your friend he’s your mother or father, because he’s the one who keeps you alive!
    In World War II the death of people that were hospitalized or received help from medics was fewer than 4%! If this were the civil war you’d be dead; your chance of dieing in the civil war even in the hospital was around 50%! Medics had to go through some of the most horrible and graphic things in the war such as seeking patients during night time! Feeling around for the wound: “It’s like putting your hand in a bucket of wet liver” said Private Robert Phillips. Another horrible thing would be if the medic would arrive when the patient is already deceased, having to drag the dead corpse back to the graves-registration crew. They were said to of been able to have played the gravediggers in Hamlet. Corpses would be pilled up like a mountain then heaved “one … two … three … heave” into a truck were they would be stacked and shipped. They were ready for shipment because some families wanted their loved ones to brought with them. Yet some wanted their loved ones to remain were they had fell in their honor, so large memorials were formed in Normandy and Luxembourg for this purpose and conserved by the American Battle Monuments Commission.
    Since World War II had such more advanced drugs and techniques than in the Civil War, it helped to keep men alive tremendously. The drug that might have helped the most was called Morphine. It would not only relax the wounded man, but would also keep him from going into shock. The problem was that some medics and GI’s liked Morphine a little too much and some became addicts!
    Yet the speed of which wounded were sent from the frontlines, to the field hospitals, even to the hospitals from England was amazing. Because to the GI’s, walking up to a woman nurse, and being still alive was like a gift from heaven. These nurses, who were harassed, exhausted, and terribly overworked dealt with it because these were American girls, they came to help other Americans no matter how difficult. Yet some seized to help and just disappeared so after some time there seemed to be a shortage of nurses in Western Europe! President Roosevelt proposed that the nurses be drafted. This bill was one short of becoming enacted! So the continuing shortage went on which meant that those nurses who did serve at field or evacuation hospitals were even more badly overworked!
    Near the end of the war at the Battle of the Bulge; the hospitals were completely overwhelmed with wounded and continued to become overfilled! Medics and Nurses began to work non-stop without breaks or sleep! Yet sooner than never the war ended and the medics and nurses all did a great job! For the medics, nurses, and docs did for the exhausted casualties: under the worst possible circumstances, superb medical care!
    Analysis:
    “Medic!” was definitely an interesting story about how medics, nurses, and doctors helped extremely during the War and future wars! During training, medics were despised but during combat they were loved! This is obviously because without them a man was nothing, just a vegetable waiting to go bad. I can’t understand how even before the war they didn’t receive respect… How could the men not realize how important they were! Medics are healers and life givers, through their hard work and agony men survive and live on to see other days and nights!
    Nurses did their part too, aiding the doctors and helping the wounded coming into the hospitals. Letting men to die is a complete and utter waste, letting one live is an honor. For those who didn’t believe in killing chose the exact opposite side, healing and helping others LIVE! Thanks to them, these happy survives came home, and the big baby boom occurred!
    { Rubi-Ka 1 }

{ DAoC }

*Old Bug’s Necklace:

The battle at Wounded Knee on South Dakota’s Pine Ridge Reservation in 1890 was in fact not the last battle between the US and Indians. The truth is that in 1898 there was the last battle, not rumors or lies, but the truth untold for no reason. Twenty-two years after greasy grass, and eight since wounded knee, why did everyone seem to forget about this battle? Probably because it wasn’t the most important battle ever but it all started by a man known as “Old Bug”. An Ojibwe Indian who arrested for selling alcohol whiskey to another Indian. This argument between the federal government and the Ojibwe turned into a fatal battle right in front of old bug.

Well it all began from when old bug was captured then released for not enough evidence, yet the time it took him to return to his reservation, when he finally got there they were waiting for him again with more evidence this time. So old bug and some friends ran for it and escaped the grasp of the Fed’s. Yet through rumors they found them some of the Indians who helped old bug over time; but all began the day they came back from a search and were eating in a cabin. When nineteen Indians that were almost captured earlier, were now waiting right outside of the white mans cabin ready with rifles. The next thing that happened is still disputed but the white men say that a rifle fell to the ground and shot off and frightened the Indians who returned fire. Yet the Indians say that the white man shot at some Indian women in a boat so they returned fire; and so begins the Battle of Sugar Point.

As the Indians were chopping down white men, the whites were preparing to return fire, but it took them six dead and three wounded till could begin. But in encouragement to stop the fight, General Bacon walked out; which wasn’t the best idea since he received one shot in the elbow and one in the thigh. “Give ‘em hell” where the last words of General Bacon as he descended to a better place. The last casualty of the whole battle was somewhere else some man looking for potatoes outside, and died hungry.

*Analysis:
    I thought that the article was quite interesting, it didn’t seem to end right, probably cause the person who gave this article to me forgot the ending pages. Anyways the article is right then about the fact that this is the last battle between the Indians and US. I never even heard of it and were in American History now, we’ll probably learn about it soon right Mr. Mcgee? Well the article talked about Sugar Point battle, but it had nothing to do with Old Bugs necklace, which was the title. Old Bug the Indian who sold alcohol to other Indians had actually little to do with the article. He wasn’t even part of the battle, but I’m guessing 7 men died (US) and lots wounded, the article doesn’t state exact numbers. The sad part is General Bacons last words are “Give ‘em Hell” but they don’t, the article doesn’t even state how the battle ends, but I’m guessing the Indians won and walked away before BIG trouble came. Its sad that a man died to such a pointless battle, but things happen.
    { Rubi-Ka 1 }

{ DAoC }

Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 104142434445464748495051525354555657585960