Thread: Shops and Shopping changes

Shops and Shopping changes

While the official envisioned list: http://community.anarchy-online.com/...ion/envisioned ,has some nice changes to the shopping terminals, but overlooks my main source of frustration with the current state of things: random shop inventory.

I freaking hate it. Last night, in between crashes, I was trying to find some ql50 clusters. This involved running back and forth across omni trade from one advanced market to the other. After a half hour I still hadn't found the right ql of cluster. They were either low 40s or high 60s, low 70s.

I just want to click on a faded cluster terminal, scroll down to the cluster type I want, enter the ql I want and buy. If that's too difficult then just put items in at set ql's the way you do with the implant terminal. I'd love to click on the advanced faded cluster terminal and see ql20, ql30, ql 50, etc clusters listed for sale.

I'm sick to death of boring, frustrating running around trying to find parts. I did it with my ql 20 implants and hated it. I did it when making my aggression trimmer and hated it. Having to do it now for my ql 50 implants I'm hating it more.

Get rid of boring timesinks! They do nothing but generate resentment among the playerbase. I know i'm feeling it. I put up with this kind of boring timesink in EQ (boats, rare spawns, etc) for too long. EQ's burned up all my patience for this type of thing. It will not make me quit this time, but ql70, ql90? maybe. Eq has lowered my tolerance for boring crap to all-time, new lows.

On some other boards I read the random shop merchandise is almost always listed as one of the reasons for not returning to AO. (the other ones being lingering anger of the buggy release, and no way to effect the storyline/war).

Please let me just buy what I need and be on my way.

Pretty Please?

agreed

I really can't understand why some things are fixed in quality levels, and other are totally random. It makes no sense.

Clusters in shops should all be tied to the same quality levels as the implants you can buy. We all end up wasteing HUGE amounts of time and money makeing implants.

While we're on the subject, tradeskill items should be the same. Anyone who's ever tried to make a weapon, nano crystal, or trade skill healing item will agree.

With the insane number of parts needed to make anything, making the parts available in shops all random QL just makes trade skills too annoying and time consuming to bother with.

Weapon parts, nano components, clusters, and chemistry components should ALL be in set levels of QL. something like 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40 , 50, etc.

Later
    virind

Ugh, just trying to put together some more implants. Getting really, really sick of running from store to store just to find one freaking cluster of an appropriate quality level. This really has to change.

I was in Broken shores a week ago and there was a single shop terminal that had a zillion different tradeskill items on it. So, I know you guys can make a terminal with a large inventory of items. Implant shops have implants at set quality levels. Please combine the two and make cluster, tradeskill, armor, weapon, etc. terminals with large inventories with set quality levels! It would enhance gameplay a great deal.

Being able to make or find what you want, when you want it would only increase people's enjoyment of the game.

I would like to see these things changed in shops.

1. have the items sorted listing name, QL, Price. If I want to see a description I will click on the item.

2. let me search for an item with a QL range, if possible, and get that same list showing what city and shop the item is in. Then let me put a Hold on that item so it hasn't disappeared from that shop inventory by the time I am able to get to the shop. An hour or less should be fine.

3. If 2 can't be done, let me put a Hold on items I do find running from shop to shop and city to city looking for the best QL match. Then let me get that list with the items I have held so I can go back and get them without them having disappeared. Maybe a Shopping Cart would work and I could just delete any items for which I found something better available and make my buy of my shopping cart at the last shop I am going to visit.

The basic shops sell up to q50 clusters as well. So instead of just running to the advanced shops, you got a few more you can check out. FUN!
    Pause life, play games.