Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pet owners request... not just me ... Cosmik - your thoughts?

Oh dear.. what a nice MP vs Engie thread...

This is stupid. Arguing who is better at what etc. isn't going to do us any good.

I think it would be a neat idea if the pets were waiting for us at our own personal workshop when we log on. Unfortunately I don't think it would happen. But, it would be something unique for engies to let the pet wait for us while we were away. It would define us from other pet classes in a way.

I'm using self buffed pets, so NO, I'm not the wrangle/mocham begging fool on the corner. It's just that it would be nice for me to be greeted by my pet when I log on

Pet Tweaks

I would like to see two things changed with pets, one engineer specific and one for "crats".

First, it is frustrating when a mission gobbles a pet when you leave, though it doesn't occur as much now as it did. Though that's not the point, what I don't like is the fact that when a pet powers down, aside from getting killed, it disappears without leaving a body. It could be said that terminating a robot usually is done when it becomes outdated, but that's not always the case.

It would be nice to be able to power down a robot on occasion and recover its shell, without having to spend a massive amount of NP's to recreate another one.

Second, it would be cool to be able to have a pet "emote" or perform actions. Shouldn't a "crats" pet be able to bow? If funcom could figure out other actions to perform for the Engineer's pets, or the MP's all the better!

Falconrider

AKA
    Gizzed - Lev 48 Engineer

I may just have to delete this thread.

It degenerated from a legitimate suggestion to smooth out gameplay to a thread for arguing about nerfing MPs. (????) How the hell that happened I don't know.

And it's now getting off-subject on top of that. I too dislike that if I choose to power down a pet that it doesn't repack up into the shell it came in. But then again, I leave my connection on for days keeping the same pet alive for days, assuming no server problem or reset happens that is. So I hardly feel it effects me that much. I would love to be able to log off and come back to find my pet waiting for me, so that I'd feel I could log off; that's all I meant by this thread.

Originally posted by Zaal
    I may just have to delete this thread.

It degenerated from a legitimate suggestion to smooth out gameplay to a thread for arguing about nerfing MPs. (????) How the hell that happened I don't know.

And it's now getting off-subject on top of that. I too dislike that if I choose to power down a pet that it doesn't repack up into the shell it came in. But then again, I leave my connection on for days keeping the same pet alive for days, assuming no server problem or reset happens that is. So I hardly feel it effects me that much. I would love to be able to log off and come back to find my pet waiting for me, so that I'd feel I could log off; that's all I meant by this thread.
    Actually the thread started as " I just spent 200k for gifts and 300k for a 132 wrangle to massively over equip my bot. Since it rarely dies i would like it to be on when i re-log on so i don't have to spend money again for these buffs."
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

No. If you ACTUALLY read my post - you will see that the suggestion is slated for the OE patch when I can no longer cast a slayerdroid.

This has a lot to do with the upcoming OEpatch 14.2 but it also has to do with general gameplay as well.
    Thanks go out to you Irritated for proving my above point about how the thread has digressed from its original path.

I swear no one who reads these things actually understands english.

( For the record who cares about money - my guild can help me make the pet whenever I, or they, need it... =P)

Zaal, I understood the gist of your thread. My significant other plays an engineer. Even before he starting wrangling/Mochies to get an "über bot", he often said to me, "I wish my bot would go in a sleep mode or something when I log out/get disconnected."

The engineer bot is not temporary, like meta durfballs or crat bots, so I don't see why it should fade out like it does. It'd be nice if the bot goes into hibernation until the engineer returns. Of course, if the engineer does not meet the skills to operate the bot (I.E., mochies runs out), the bot should fade after a few minutes. And of course the connection will be lost if the engineer dies.

I don't know if this would be hard to do. I really don't care about re-making my pets because as a meta, I'm used to buffing, buffing and more buffing to cast. I guess it'd be cool if they stuck around longer during a disconnect/crash/logout. But I don't really care, either way.

At any rate, OE or not, it'd be nice if engineers could maintain the connection with their pets under certain circumstances.
    Babette, Frenetic, Misophist, Yardleigh.
    "I am the queen of France!!!"

Rejected.
    Ah, L'Amour!
    Bitter Films

Thanks to you Misophist, Filenotfound, and Laszarus for being the only ones so far who've posted here who understand my meaning.

Thanks to you Misophist, Filenotfound, and Laszarus for being the only ones so far who've posted here who understand my meaning.
    I do understand your meaning. This is a non-needed change though.
    What exactly is your problem with losing your bot? Is the credits required to make them the big deal? If you are not over equiping your bot... have a extra shell in your inventory. When you log in right click it and make new bot. Then summon another shell just in case this happens again. I can understand that with all the LDs goign around that losing bots can get expensive if you are not the richest person in the world, but come on... what other excuse besides over equiping your bot do you have for not just making another one when you log on?

Blackness confirmed!!

No. If you ACTUALLY read my post - you will see that the suggestion is slated for the OE patch when I can no longer cast a slayerdroid.

Thanks go out to you Irritated for proving my above point about how the thread has digressed from its original path.

I swear no one who reads these things actually understands english.

( For the record who cares about money - my guild can help me make the pet whenever I, or they, need it... =P)
    Have you read your own post? HAHA
    "I am sick and tired of having to get buffed evertytime I log on to make my pet. (Yeah - I can already hear the trolls cracking their fingers to respond to that one...) "

Let me rephrase my original comment "I just spent 200k for gifts and 100k for a small wrangle to stay just under the new 20% skill requirement. I want my bot to stay online after i log so i don't have to get these buffs again. I know i am casting a bot way above my lvl thanks to these buffs and making my lvling much easier. This enables me to lvl faster and safer than every other class and I'm tired of having to deal with a minor inconvience to keep up this practice!"

Anyone else see something wrong with a lvl 108 casting a slayerdroid?!?!?
    Last edited by Soccom; Mar 25th, 2002 at 23:05:28.

Blackness confirmed!!

And the best part folks, is that irritated still doesnt get it.... hehe. You obviously dont read.

Nice retort.

Being an engineer myself I know what you want and are asking for.

For those of you who do not know, engineers can solo missions full hard with good buffs at the moment. This works the best in the lvl 65-115 range. Get gifts/high end wrangle and bam.. Bot till you log. You then are able to get 3-10 times as much exp per kill than that others are getting xp soloing. Now the biggest problem in this equation is that you have to get these buffs every time you log on. They can take time and money to do. Especially with all the recent mission resetting that is going on. Now you don't have to have these buffs to play the game.

Now what Zaal is saying is that this uber advantage over other classes just isn't enough. Even though soloing a orange with a yellow/orange bot is completely possible and what other classes have to deal with, Zaal would like to get the buffs... solo really hard missions... maybe get disconnected maybe not.... come back and still have this ability without having to spend time to get the buffs again.

Zaal you choose to play a way in which you are reliant on others to lvl the speed at which you do. You do not HAVE to get gifts to solo missions that other classes are soloing. Your yellow bot is still a much better tank than enforcers/soldiers your lvl. Plus bots are expendable.

/me holds back flamethrower to keep this an intelligent discussion

Blackness confirmed!!

Iriitated,

1- I seldom OE my pet. When I do it is under the rules that Funcom has laid before me.

2- You still think this is about money(credits). No. It is about gameworld consistency. This is a simluated world. People logging is and out comes from the fact that it is a game but IMO that is where the similarity should end. Putting yourself in the game : you don't fade from existence and would you if you were an engineer in this world ever truthfully power down a pet, unless it was for a better more helpfull one?

3- I'm not asking for the retention of my pet until 14.2 OE patch hits. I know how gimpy characters feel; I have a lvl 78 NT. The truth is in most games where there are pet classes, the player hardly ever get hit. Their pets always, if played properly, take all the dmg and do all the work.

4- Funcom is still allowing a degree of OE after the 14.2 patch and theoretically in our simulated AO world the palyers don't fade from existence - we go home to our apartments and sleep and eat and do things normal people do.

5- With the degree of OE if u still don't want to have a pet waiting for you whether it be one u self cast or not, that is your own business. Hard fact : engineer pets are a physical thing constructed and made. They are not an etherial construct or a rent a bot. Why should my pet go away everytime a server resets, or my girlfriend comes home and I have to spend QT with her, especially after the OE patch (which is when i think its fair to ask for this.)

6- ONCE 14.2 hits us, and as u know engies pets are their main weapon; sure an eng can hold a gun or fight with their fists but they will never be as good, even with implants, as people with light blue to green weapons skills. Thats also part of Funcom design. Since the eng pet is a hardwired device and physical, you woudl de-equip and engie weapon everytime they log out? Then again my point, de-equip everyones weapon everytime they log out. Same thing.

7- This is not nerfing any class at all. By extending a pet as a buff in your NCU might extend or a gun equipped by your trader friend you maintain game world constistency.

8- Who the hell cares? Funcom has shown time and again that they dont read these boards thouroughly and most likely you and I and everyone else that reads this and posts here are just wasting their time? Why do I do it? Cause I like to argue. And liek the terrorists that blew up the world trade center I have a hard time understanding people who cant think outside of the box.

9- "Nice retort." I wasn't retorting. Maybe I haven't been clear in any of my posts? Is that why this isn't getting thru? But its obvious that some people understand what I'm saying. Even if I wasn't currently playing an engie, I woudl fully support an idea liek this. I support the sneaking complaints of agents. I support how advens need soem serious help. I supported the MAs when it was them being driven into the ground. I supoort the NT gimps who cry that they are nerfed. Why? Because I don't try to limit my thinking or as it seems to be in your case read into what other people say.

You aren't the first person in this thread to actually try and change my words around.

DONT INTERPRET WHAT I SAY! READ WHAT I SAY AND TAKE IT FOR WHAT IT SAYS.
    Now what Zaal is saying is that this uber advantage over other classes just isn't enough. Even though soloing a orange with a yellow/orange bot is completely possible and what other classes have to deal with, Zaal would like to get the buffs... solo really hard missions... maybe get disconnected maybe not.... come back and still have this ability without having to spend time to get the buffs again.
    Why do people take words and twist them? I dont solo and I ask ANYONE to come team with me. My most common teammates are agents, NTs, Docs, MA's (love those MA buffs), enforcers, and partridges in a pear tree. Anyone who will get XP is welcome along when I get mission or organize a team.

Also, food for thought, at my current level if I team with an MP capable of mochams I can run a Slayer droid indefinitely. TS and MC mochams keep the slayer within 20% OE liek funcom is going to. Will it do me any good to park the pet? No. Will I park it? Maybe. Will it be useful when I log back in? Maybe, if I team with an MP again. Will i kill it to launch a pet I can use if i have to solo? YES.

In my opinion you are the one standing on thin ice and not me. The part in my initial post where I say "sick and tired"...? Fine, maybe DOES that comes off as being a little too whatever in your eyes, but you know what? I don't know you. So do I care what you think? No. Do i still want to see the ability to park a pet? Yes. Do i think its fair? Absolutely. Why? Cause if Funcom lets us do it, then they've seen the logic of the gameworld consistency for having an engineers pet stay with him. Your argument against me is based on a few minor complaints you have about the class being super powerful. Did I ever say in the length of this thread that I thought we shouldn't have some kind of OE fix so that a slayer is near impossible for us to self cast? No I never said that.

The time factor? True. Me. Fine ill tell you about me and then you can tell me about you. When I play soemtimes I only get an hour to 2 hours tops to play. Why? I have a FAMILY. I have a life. I HAVE KIDS. I HAVE RESPONSIBILITIES. Why shoudl my real life interfere with my enjoyment in a game that I like to play and in the class that I liek to play. In your end solution to this suggestion that I make about parking pets, do you knwo what my game time woudl consist of when I log on to play. Find buffs and log off, because the real world calls. So I save the buffs till when I can log on later and I make my pet. So my next two hour session is spent trying to get a team together but there doesn't seem to be anyone on so I have to log off and go away becasue the real world says so.

My gaming experience is turned into repeated night of futility. OF COURSE I coudl run my self cast pet and NOT get a team because the hardcore players with no lives and 16 hours a day to play have the time to get and keep super pets and then i coudl run missions with my sefl cast for a few missions at a few levels over my level and maybe make some cash, but because IM runnign my self cast pet and can't find a team I have to solo and that means Im not able to use missions to get items that I can actually use and i have to BUY everything from other players at extortionist prices because thats how it works.

All I'm saying is park the damn pet. Hell, if funcom made an anouncement about engies parking pets and saving them only if they went and logged in their apartments, I'd do it.

It makes sense bro. Please just think about it.

And BTW, your comments about flamethrowers and the "nice retort" are provacative. If you truly want to keep the discussion intelligent please refrain from the use of those comments (although in this one I may be guilty of that very same thing myself)

Finally pardon my spelling and gramatical errors - I really dont feel at this point liek going back and fixing every one of them.

I understand completely where you are coming from

I also do not play 17 hours a day. I have a life outside of AO also.
    All I am saying is that you do not HAVE to get buffs to play (my fav) an engineer. You can have a backup shell in your inventory and when you log on click it. Bot out. Simple as that.
    But your right in the end. It doesn't matter. FC doesn't seem to read the boards anyway =P

Lets just end by saying "we agree to disagree."

Blackness confirmed!!

We can totally agree to disagree.

All I'm saying is that now that we are getting an official degree of control put on our overequipping of our pets that why doesn't it make sense that the engie pet can hang around for us and wait for us when we comeback. (Also, regardless of the time limit on the other class pets, I think they should have their pets waiting for them when they came back too, if the time hasn't run out on them...)

Still makes good sense to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12