Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PvP really fun? really fair?

PvP really fun? really fair?

I really don't understand how people could get off PvP'n in this game. What's the point? It's really not about the skill but more about the level. How is this a challenge? One thing I absolutely can't stand about this game is the PvP aspect. You take a game like tribes/tribes2 - when you fight people it's purely based on skill. Not who is a higher level and has the most gimped out character.

Also, it has to be most pathetic when zoning into Mort w/ a group headed to the borgs only to get ganked by zone campers (solid and cocio) who are 140ish and my team being below 100. Ok, you will say what were you doing walking in Mort then. Well to be honest that is a mistake of mine. I honestly didnt know the risk (just started 3 weeks ago). LOL I was under the impression that there was a 5-10 lvl limit on PvP'n.

Anyway..yes I was pissed at first and I did throw a couple of immature words at them and I feel kinda stupid and childish for that NOW knowing that people nearly 40 lvls above you have an interest in an easy kill. I just come from descent/tribes/UR/tribes 2 type games where everyone is on the same level. It's the actual skill that seperates the winners.

So with this in mind.. Solid and Cocio I appologize for being immuture about your zone camping and my little ol 97th lvl ass getting ganked.

one more thing

damn..i really don't want people to get the impression that i dont like the game! I love it...

Yeah well at lvl 75+ as you probably already know from what you have just said anyone above that can attack you.
    Sucks yeah but it really does get fun when you can turn the pain back onto those who did so on you.

gankers suck. plain and simple

Those people hav a name in this game. We call the greifers. They are the people who only kill those that they know will not present an challange tothem so they dont actually have to fight. They would much rather kill people 80 lvls below them, so that they can think they are "uber" "Look at me!!! im lvl 180 and i killed this lvl 80 badass!!!!" It is just there response to a repressed child hood where they were prolly beatin by there stepfather every day and sodomized. So they now take it out on people like you and me. My suggestion to you is, call them a few names, make sure all your friends know that they are ass's who like to gank, and avoid them as much as possible ( fly in Mort, dont walk
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

You realise, of course, that that post says infinitely more about you than it does about the people you're talking about, right?

<edit: If I keep reading the PVP board, I may have to remove the "non-flaming" part in my sig....>
    Last edited by Mharc; Mar 21st, 2002 at 14:41:15.
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

Umm,

my dear Metatag, take it from a Non-ganker who doesn't like pvp one bit. But, this is an RPG, not an action game, so you can't make it based on skill/reaction rather on Character Skill Level. Reaction is heavily influenced by Ping, as you should know, so every non-us player would be at a severe disadvantage to a us player, not to mention this nice lag we got everywhere around here. So all that would really matter is, who got the better connection and the better machine, not who is the more skilled player.
    Sides, if all were equal it wouldn't be an RPG now would it =)

regards

Needlz

PS: There's more cheaters lose in MP Action games then in AO (and THAT means something =P)

Your comments arent entirely true.

.....Reaction is heavily influenced by Ping,

.....who got the better connection and the better machine, not who is the more skilled player.

So then explain to me how is it that in Tribes 1 noone could touch me even with my 300 ping. (avg ping for cable/t1 was 30-100). I played 2 1/2 years with pings averaging from 300/400 and got to a point that when dueling I never lost Overall against someone else even with broadband pings.

....Sides, if all were equal it wouldn't be an RPG now would it =)

I'm not really wanting everyone in the game to be equal. I'm just saying that people camping others And who are more then 30-50 lvls above them seems a bit silly. What's the point? Where is the challenge? And I'm really confused. This is really considered a true RPG?

PS: There's more cheaters lose in MP Action games then in AO (and THAT means something =P)

....Try finding one cheater in Tribes/Tribes2.. you won't. Skiing is the only cheat (tribes1) and in Tribes2 they implimented it into the jump anyway.

Also, are these servers US? I was under the impression that the servers were non US? dunno.
    Last edited by Metatag; Mar 21st, 2002 at 16:34:29.

So then explain to me how is it that in Tribes 1 noone could touch me even with my 300 ping. (avg ping for cable/t1 was 30-100). I played 2 1/2 years with pings averaging from 300/400 and got to a point that when dueling I never lost Overall against someone else even with broadband pings.

Damn slider! I'm sure when play with me my mortar shell will exactly land there where you are landing when out of energy )

Regards,
    Itburnz

The reason they were doing that was because they are both bored because there is zero pvp on rk2 and everyone knows it. I started patrolling mort myself with my level 50 char.
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

LOL

is that a challenge for a duel? =) oh btw im broadband now heh

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mharc
    [B]You realise, of course, that that post says infinitely more about you than it does about the people you're talking about, right?

It was meant as more a general insight to the childishness that takes place. I guess I should have specified that. That wasnt mean to be takin literally. ( cept the avoiding part )

Click to email me

Re: PvP really fun? really fair?

Originally posted by Metatag
    Also, it has to be most pathetic when zoning into Mort w/ a group headed to the borgs only to get ganked by zone campers (solid and cocio) who are 140ish and my team being below 100. Ok, you will say what were you doing walking in Mort then. Well to be honest that is a mistake of mine. I honestly didnt know the risk (just started 3 weeks ago). LOL I was under the impression that there was a 5-10 lvl limit on PvP'n.
    For starters, how do you get to Mort levels (60+ usually) in 3 weeks, and still not know some of the basic rules? (not a flame, just curious).

Don't underestimate the power of a good team. Was in Mort with a team level 69-92, and had an OT 148 agent causing us trouble. Round 1, he attacks (killed one member that was away from the team running back to OP), we get into the fight... unfortuantely for him, Sentinal happens to be nearby and joins in.... so we got him down to about half or so, sent did the rest, he was dead. No others from our team died.

Second round, he brings a friend (this time no sents nearby and they attack right after we finish a borg fight). We killed his friend (never got to check his level), got some good attacks on the agent, he bolts out of there.

Round three, (yes, we knew we would get attacked again... we were looking forward to it by this time)... he brings 2 friends, they attack. This time things didn't go so well, three OT's, 148 agent, 133 MA, and the third I don't know what level, against a team of mostly 70's and 80's, we didn't stand too much chance by this time, and they wiped us out (not sure if we got one of them or not that round).

Point being, though, first of all, I had a lot of fun, despite loosing probably 300-500k that night ( we had another attack on us earlier that we lost, by different OT ). But also, you can do pretty well as a team against higher level chars, particularly the ones that aren't fully twinked.

After that we decided on safer hunting grounds, but it was still fun overall.
    Doctor Valen, Omni Medic
    Keeper Mezathras

If you hunt in 25% zones be ready for PvP. The word ganking came from people attacking other people that where dueling. killing people in 25% is Hunting clanners/omni not ganking.
    weeeeee

omg...

Want a real skilled game, take quake/2/3 then, not tribes.. lol..

I agree that is no skills in AO like "FPS Games" but if u dont like pvp in AO then dont go to a "25%" zone.. harder than that isnt!

Point is that the lvl 75 rule is stupid, really it is why should a lvl 200 character get to kill a 75? its like having that lvl 75 be able to kill a lvl 10 guy. I was in the group with Meta so i know what happened we zone from mmd buff up and get ready to move, then suddenly one of our guys drop dead. as soon as we start fighting back the attacker simply zones to defend himself.... uh lame? he didnt even give us a chance to try and fight him, i dont mind expecting the possibility of pvp in mort but bing near insta killed by someone twice your level is not what i call fun pvp, or having said player just hit the zone as soon as you do stand up and fight him. a lvl 160 running away from a group of 80s and 90s.

Next thing is that we had an omni MP in the group that was comming with us for some exp, granted its dangerous for her with all the clan npcs around but still the Omni where griefing a group with one of thier own in it!

I have mentioned first person shooter vs. ao several times in several posts and you know what? its totally possible to simulate 1rst person action in this game. you increase damage to 100% again make downtime from pvp absolutly nothing so that you can charge right back into the fight and wham you get brawls going, titles become more about survival than "i kill lotz of n00bs in mort me l33t" you add objectives like buildings to take over like they have mentioned in invisioned you get all that stuff and wham you got action. One of the reasons i came to AO was the pvp system and they have broken it horribly. back when i was lvl 24 sure it was anoying to die fast to 100% damage but it was only annoying because i had to sit on my butt.

Melbringi 85 Clan Fixer RK2

Make damage 100% PVP again
    Make downtime form PVP death zero.
    Add the envisioned objectives and you have fixed pvp.

This game pvps like eq at current im suprised there aint a /duel command.

I totally agree with melbringi on the zero rez time stuff, even though he's a stinky clanner.

*takes out soap launcher*
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

Re: gankers suck. plain and simple

Originally posted by Turin
    Those people hav a name in this game. We call the greifers. They are the people who only kill those that they know will not present an challange tothem so they dont actually have to fight. They would much rather kill people 80 lvls below them, so that they can think they are "uber" "Look at me!!! im lvl 180 and i killed this lvl 80 badass!!!!" It is just there response to a repressed child hood where they were prolly beatin by there stepfather every day and sodomized. So they now take it out on people like you and me. My suggestion to you is, call them a few names, make sure all your friends know that they are ass's who like to gank, and avoid them as much as possible ( fly in Mort, dont walk

Listen to me!
    When I was low levels I HATED getting ganked and killed by people twice my level.

Now its my turn!
    And if you talk so dogmatically like that again Ill smack yo.

Now I accept the fact getting ganked is either your own fault, becuase standing in a 25% is asking for it or....people are teamed.

Just always go in with a crit buff

Re: Re: gankers suck. plain and simple

Originally posted by Cloudeh

Listen to me!
    When I was low levels I HATED getting ganked and killed by people twice my level.

Now its my turn!
    And if you talk so dogmatically like that again Ill smack yo.

Now I accept the fact getting ganked is either your own fault, becuase standing in a 25% is asking for it or....people are teamed.

Just always go in with a crit buff

Well, when it is my "turn" I will pass. I dunno, maybe im to honorable for that kind of tactics. Maybe i have estranged morals about things like that. I think the rule itself is messed. a lvl 200 should NOT be able to attack a lvl 100. NEVER. EVER EVER. It should NOT be allowed. Just like I cant kill a lvl 10 guy. So, based on the rule of lvl 75, I suggest that I should be able to go walk into Tir Backyard and kill all the noobs hunting leets and reets. Sound like fun? no. Sound fair? no. none of he above. I understand that it is the way it is. That doesnt mean I have to like it. Someone should HAVE to be like say, 10-15, maybe even 20 lvls close to you in range. not 100 or 80. I guess what I am trying to say, is that outside influence's should not be able to put you in a situation where, no matter how hard you fight, no matter what you do, you cannot survive. no matter what you have or what you do, youre a dead man/woman regardless.

Click to email me

Um.. do that and there will be TRULY nothing for the high level game. It's kind of sad, but there really isn't too much for them except fighting. And they make up such a small percent on RK2, they don't have enough people to fight.

There will always be someone stronger then you, that will want to kill you just because they're on a different faction. Hell, there are people on your own faction that want to kill you just for sport. We're in a war( a really pathetic one I'll grant you ), so, if you get nailed by a sniper, don't get in a huff. You can avoid the arenas, and avoid the 25%.

There are plenty of zones where you can level/get gear/rp/shoot the sh!t, whatever. Just expect combat in a 25%. You took a side, now stand up to it, or stand down.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast