Thread: MoB's back from the dead... MADNESS!!!

MoB's back from the dead... MADNESS!!!

Today, while spawn camping just outside of Tir, I had a new experience.

I found a nice red Bio X49 or whatever for my pet to go and slaughter. My pet screamed BLOOD!!!! and proceeded to kick the Bio's arse. When it was all said and done, I recieved the loot message, got the XP and went over to loot it. It was still standing, and to be honest it didn't like me trying to rifle through his pockets. This wasn't the only thing to surprise me though.

It chased me, and it hit me and hit me and hit me!!!

I tried to fight back, but got the message "It's already dead!"

That's not even the surprising part - this happens all too often with pets.

The surprising part is that after a minute or two, while running and trying to heal from a fight with a dead guy, I was able to attack him again as though he were alive. It took another three hits for it to finally go down since it was healing it's dead self all the while chasing me.

Now I understand latency and synch problems to a point, but when dead guys get up, hack away at you and don't allow you to descrate there corpses, then they revive themselves and try to kill you again, I have to draw the line!

Please fix this! I'd be embarrassed if a corpse killed me!

edit: I did NOT get twice the xp either!!!
    Last edited by Tasslehoff; Mar 21st, 2002 at 07:34:08.

Angry Aurgh!!!!!!!!

This happened again today!! Is anyone else having this problem??
    Zedar2 220/22 Nano-Technician, card carrying member of the Vocal Minority.
    Proud General of 3305 Local Now recruiting!
    Proud Leader of the Knights of 3305 in V:SOH (Also recruiting!)

----------------
    *** www.3305local.com ***

YES

Yes

Trying out a MP. Getting a little disgusted at this PET LAG crap.

...that and "I am unable to do that master!" (/pet heal)....reclaim.

Night of the living dead

Yes. Not exactly the way you described, but yes, I've fought some dead guys. Sometimes the fight gets so out of sync it would be hilarious if it weren't for the fact that my char could get killed by one of these zombies.

Angry

this happens to me all the time. it's actually getting really annoying. once, however, i died with 50 hp's left after the fight was already over... so, PC's can be zombies too!

Multiple threads on this...

Bottom line, expect to see this a lot now. It is a bad lag issue, and is worse than it used to be. I've had mobs stay alive in excess of a minute kicking my ass after they're dead. When you're fighting deep reds, that's not a good thing.

So far, I can chalk up over 1 million exp to this bug...

Re: Multiple threads on this...

Originally posted by Greenhawk
    Bottom line, expect to see this a lot now. It is a bad lag issue, and is worse than it used to be. I've had mobs stay alive in excess of a minute kicking my ass after they're dead. When you're fighting deep reds, that's not a good thing.

So far, I can chalk up over 1 million exp to this bug...
    Yup, if the dead mob is still hitting me, I run for the exit. Kind of annoying because the map resets, but it's better than sitting at reclaim for 5 min because of a stupid bug.

Yep yep

I definitely run for the hills when I realize it is happening. Sadly, though, sometimes the mobs are either fast enough to prevent escape that way, or able to just hit you anyway with the "running into the wall double hit" bug. I've had level 80 rollerrats blow me away this way from several rooms away.

This bug will be the death of AO if it gets much worse. I already know two people who've quit because of this and other similar bugs that introduce frustration. My hope is that it is on their radar and they will come up with a fix soon.

Hmm, I've seen that before. I 've been killed by the MOB after he was dead & the corpse looted. I was still getting wacked, and no it wasn't some DOT nano either. it was weapon damage.

Another thing that has happened. when I started a battle with a MOB i would use "fling" then "burst". but when I press the burst button. I get a message that I have to wait for the last "special attack to finish?? weird so I wait the fling button is ready to be used again. so I figure that the burst skill can go....NO way I get the same message again. so i press "fling" no problem it worked. why not the burst....so i pull down the 'action menu' press the burst button there and wha-la. it goes off. what the hell is that all about?

Angry I hate this lamer bug

I don't get it as bad as some of the others, but whenever I BARELY kill a mob, it stands there, and keeps blasting me. Then it would die as I'm frantically running away.

Of course, I don't get my hitpoints back, or I would die, then watch it die, then I'm looking at the reclaim terminal.

Only way I've been able to avoid it is when the mob is about 5% health left, I'd nuke it with my biggest NF/special/whathaveyou that I'll know will do 10% of its health.They seem to die and not wake back up.

My favorite is...

... having an undead mob kill me, then getting the experience from the mob AFTER zoning back to my reclaim terminal and losing the large number of experience points that I just lost...

this doesn't only happen with pets. it happens with all classes. I see this walking dead thing with at least 25% of the MOBs in mission dungeons. luckily they walk real slowly when chasing you. They allways die evventually eventhough you can't attack them, and their corpse is not usually where you see them fall. sometimes its 2 rooms back from where you came from.

the real bummer is: even though you got the kill message & the XP, you can't sit down to heal. you can only use the stims. because fir some strage reason your being attacked by the corpse & can't use a med pack while fighting....*stupid dead guy*