Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PvP in 2ho detroys this game

Here is a devious way of dealing with players that refuse to level.
    Have someone a few levels higher gain 99% of the xp they need to level, unsaved. Then go pick a fight and lose.

OMG nut, you are one smart cookie... GOOD IDEA MUAHAHAHA, I have an NT about his level (just low enough to wet his appitite). Problem is he will term before he levels.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

I could swear it was officially said that PvP doesn't give xp.

You get all the unsaved xp that your target had.
    Yazule- If you are lower level and get yourself killed with alomst a full level's worth of xp you can't guaruntee it will make your killer level, but if he's got more than a little bit saved it will work.
    If you are a bit higher level it will guarantee that your killer will level. It will happen as soon as he kills you, no chance to terminate.

Okay one story here...Yazule your a clanner right?
    I went on my brothers low level char to check if 2h0 was safe, there was 6 lvl 120+ people, Clan waiting at the grid point for people to zone and gank.
    Thankgod for 2 accounts, use the low level to check for safe.
    I hate it, So i didnt go in with my own char.
    dont blame omnis, Those Guards Help us when we DONT want to be attacked.
    If im ganked ill go there, if im attacked when i dont want to be ill go there, if im pvping, i wont. Simple: )

Yep, I am a clanner, and the coin is two sided. I go to 2ho and see a team of OT waiting to grind gridders into the soil, with the 3 NT's on top of the pavilion just to make it even more lame.

It is not a side based issue, we only notice it when our enimy is the one there in mass.

I just hate grid campers in general. EIther side. makes me wish it was a 0 percent zone. I have a few clanners that I would like to kill.

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

2ho is getting boring I agree. As a clanner, when you kill an omni, he'll get angry and next time trick the guards into attacking you...very funny? The guards really screw up things im afraid. This is not an attack against omni so dont flame me about clan sox etc.

What we need is good places to PvP. Heard from some folks that all the bridges were good PvP areas in the betas. Now there's noone there. Omni has no really clan areas to attack...Clan...really hasnt any place either...2ho and 4holes is pretty screwed up imo.

Some said that PvP had pretty much become a group oriented thing. Well Everything is more fun when you are in a group, hunting, missions...and PvP. So I dont mind if they make more emphasis on this. Especially for people who dont PvP for tiltle issues but for RP reasons. Wich I find the most fun. I dont care if I get a "freshman" in front of my name.

And Yes plz make it possible for us to caputure points or lower supression fields some places somehow. Help making the game more unprecitable and therefore also fun.
    Emitter Bureaucrat
    Astolpho Keeper
    Ancarim Iron Legion - RK1

I agree that 2ho sucks for pvp the lag there is horrible on loading and there are almost always people camping the grid/whompa. I don't particularly mind getting killed in pvp and such since I always save first anyways but the last few times i've gone to 2ho there has been a guy camping the grid from a tree... where you cant target him was cool the first time i saw one of my friends getting dropped while we were all looking for where the shots were coming from but once we found him it wound up being impossible to target the guy with tab or with click

Ya, he was well equipped with 20 levels, probably a meta/trader made pet, and he would only fight me in 2HO! ROFLOL
    The only omni (or crat at all) 20 levels above you on RK2 would be Humour, which everyone playing there would know, so trying to remove his name is just too silly. Secondly, 20 levels doesn't really mean **** anymore when you reach about 100, at least not in your prof as very equipped Enf vs a higher Crat.

Secondly, claiming that Humour is any scared, coward PvP player is utterly bull****. He's probably one of the very few omnis who actually stand up in BCB after omnis been beated back to the stoneage time after time, it always end up with only Grontha and Humour returning to fight back.

Never the less, a part of the game is Guards, face it or shut it. If you want a completely fair game, do arena 1on1. If not, adapt to whatever is the location.

Rk1 :: Abasin :: lvl 72 clan nt
    Rk2 :: Illuvatar :: lvl 154 omni nt

a special place for PvP...

a place only for PvP players...hum... a place for the twinkest players.. hummm.. a place where average will never grid (unless some suicide ideas), sound good to me (the farther the idiots from me, the better i feel)

Humm...what about a ZOO ???

IMHO, current PvP is just bs, BUT, as AO is supposed to be a war between 2 factions... PVP is needed everywhere
    -Marssss
    RK1 Agent
    RollerRat Diplomatic representative (www.rollerrat.com)
    "i come in peace"

I think the new changes are going to be awesome. One thing I have against the current ability to overequip are the twinks who refuse to level. This throws things way out of whack, as there are certain classes that just twink easier than others. I'm not saying these people are doing anything wrong, and there is a lot of game knowledge required to do it well, however they ruin spirit of competiton for me. Yes, it's still competition, but I'd rather see something besides agents, enforcers, traders, and meta's in the arenas.

I know there's a lot of these folks on both servers, and they probably wish I'd shut my hole, but you folks have characters that are nothing short of an abomination. When my self equipped weapon is hitting for literally 1's, there's a serious problem. Argue all you want, but that's just bad game mechanics. The argument that everyone can do it holds some water, BUT not only does it ruin PvP for true first time characters (makes it literally impossible to compete) but it also forces FC to keep ridiculous mobs in the game...also ruining the average players PvE.

Truthfully FC should make mobs easier regardless of the changes. These overequippers from hell aren't interested in levelling to begin with. IF all classes could overequip to the extent some can, then I'd say fair is fair, but you've got people out there that can still kill an average player in 2 shots. Level 20 players with 700 AC? Be real. Level 26 agents hitting for over 400 with normal shots? c'mon that's stupid for everyone.

Anyway, if FC turned around and said no nerfs or new limits were forthcoming, I'd not be too upset. I think these will be good things, but there will still be supertwinks in as far as it will be possible. And that's fine. People should be free to push the envelope, it's just too ridiculous right now is all. There will still be imbalances. I think what the game needs desperately more than anything is an AC overhaul, so lower damage fast weapons become something more than garbage.

Oh and I want 2HE MA weapons please, thx.

Never the less, a part of the game is Guards, face it or shut it. If you want a completely fair game, do arena 1on1. If not, adapt to whatever is the location.
    Yes and no. Let's put a few clan guards somewhere in a PvP area and I'd agree, adapt and deal, but as it stands the choices are a tad onesided.

Besides there is no completely fair anything in an arena. That would be asking way too much of the engine. What would be really cool is if there were some incentives to get team PvP going in the wilds. I'm not talking about storyline elements, either. How about some objectives that literally effect an entire side. How about area's made holdable, with bonuses given to every man woman and child on a given side as a result.

Example: Some natural resource reserve. (could it be notum perchance?) When held by clan it would push back omni ****- er notum production causing omni inflation on store items. Or if held by omni's it would increase salaries, giving everyone a +1 to sense and psychic or something. I don't know, anything to make real free form PvP and not just contrived, twink-fest gladiator bouts.

Apps will feel pain if he/she ever comes over 75, I'm sure...

If you actually think 2ho is that bad, just don't go there...

Rk1 :: Abasin :: lvl 72 clan nt
    Rk2 :: Illuvatar :: lvl 154 omni nt

Originally posted by Illuvatar

The only omni (or crat at all) 20 levels above you on RK2 would be Humour, which everyone playing there would know, so trying to remove his name is just too silly. Secondly, 20 levels doesn't really mean **** anymore when you reach about 100, at least not in your prof as very equipped Enf vs a higher Crat.

Secondly, claiming that Humour is any scared, coward PvP player is utterly bull****. He's probably one of the very few omnis who actually stand up in BCB after omnis been beated back to the stoneage time after time, it always end up with only Grontha and Humour returning to fight back.

I told the story as it happened. It is a factual story. If you dont like my story then go blow it out your.. err...

The reason I did not use the persons name is because you are wrong assuming that everyone on the entire server knows every high level character out there. The other reason I didnt use his name is because even though he was too scared to fight me anywhere but 2ho he was still civil, and I dont throw peoples name into the muck.

Oh, and by the way, when he had a few of his guildies with him he offered to meet me in meetmedere, but when it was solo he was not.... hmmm... you think about that and get back to me with another witty remark.

When a character 20 levels above me with a higher than 50% probability of killing me, then tells me that he wont fight anywhere but 2ho where he has even MORE of an advantage then I say he was being cowardly.

As far as me being highly equipted I self arm my weapons without challenger, so stop making stupid assumptions.

I never said he didnt have his brave moments, but I do know that he has his scardy cat moments too. If he wanted a real fight then he would have fought it.

As far as guards go, your obviously OT and are "used to" having your precious guards to run to like a coward. If I get a challenge from someone then I get to choose the location, esp seeings the level differential. And guess what, I laughed at him when he told me he would only fight in 2ho. WAHHHH... so where to OT go that Clan guards are there to attack? hrmmm... ummm... nowhere.

A final point I have to add, if someone has 20 levels on you (I was in my 90's at the time) it is a big deal, and your nutz for not saying so. it is 5x20k + 15x40k = 700k IP's more than me. And as we all know, that many IP's makes a hella big difference.

Well aparently he is your friend, and apparently you like running his name through the muck. He may be a big man with friends, but he is quite unbrave solo from what I can see. I call them like I see them

ROFLOL

I fought humour straight up without dimach and he root killed me. I never got a single hit in before his pet killed me. Fair enough, that's the nature of the game.

I then went back with dimach, surprised him and had him down to a quarter health. He rooted me, halfed me, and it was proably a 50 50 a that point. Then his agent guild buddy A.S.'ed me and dropped me like a rock.

I'd say he's a fair weather dueller if there ever was one. And so what. That's the nature of PvP. One man's cowardice is another man's strategy. Looking for honor in a "game" is futile. Playing with honor is all one can do, so I don't bother judging as long as exploiting isn't involved.

People who refuse to put thier title on the line are are entitled to that approach. I'm still in favor of eliminating all gas zones, while leaving level restrictions on PvP. This, imo, would make the world so much more exciting. Yes there would be lots of dying. OH WELL!! I'd rather die all the time and be challenged than sit around clicking on stupid ass slot machines, or camping statics.

Freeform chaos would separate the true players from the spreadsheet opportunists, provide a whole new level of politics, player factions and social interaction, and keep the adrenaline pumping.

You know what would be awsome, just having all zones be 25% gas and some being 0%, like the ones that currently are.

As a clanner, there is no place in the world I feel safer than running around clon****, PM, lush, gal and so on.

No sense of risk =[

Level restrictions are good and should stay but the quantity of 75% gas in this world is really, well, boring.

They don’t have to change the gas level to get the big PvP battles going. It is just going to take a little time.

How many people still hunt in Galway Shire? Defiantly not as many as use to. The players have moved on to better locations. Eventually the better locations will be the PvP zones.

When that happens you’ll have teams fighting over the good hunting spots and guild wars starting. All the low level gankers trying to quick kill some newbie coming out of a wampa will seem pathetic next to multi-team battles happening on the frontier.

That time is coming. I only hope they have the class balancing issues worked out before it does.

Originally posted by Crin
    only hope they have the class balancing issues worked out before it does.
    What do u expect ? a crat spanking an enforcer?

no class balancing !!
    no 75% zone

LET'S ANARCHY RULEZ !!
    -Marssss
    RK1 Agent
    RollerRat Diplomatic representative (www.rollerrat.com)
    "i come in peace"

Originally posted by Marssss

What do u expect ? a crat spanking an enforcer?

no class balancing !!
    no 75% zone

LET'S ANARCHY RULEZ !!
    I'm not sure to take you seriously or not but, yes I would like the crat to beat the enforcer about half the time. (With all other things being equal of course)

There aren't any handicapped classes that should have an easier time in PvP.

I've seen crats spank enforcers quite frequently. Almost any class can beat any other if you are smart.

I saw a 58 NT drop a 75 enforcer the other day. The weird thing is the NT was totally new to PVP, and the enforcer was too. The NT just kept rooting the enforcer and nuking him. The enforcer was a real dolt tho. He never broke a root once. The funny thing is enforcers have a set of legit root breaker nanos that are available at his level. I could tell the nt was running out of nano so I told him to go duck in the helicopter bunker (we were in 2ho) after rooting him again and charge up and finish the job. He came back out and finished the job.

There really isn't much skill to pvp but there is some. It's more like a game of checkers with a large number of very complicated but essentially straight forward rules. It's no game of chess, it's not a thinking game, or even a very strategic game, but a little knowledge of the rules, your classes abilities and the other classes abilities helps a lot.

Classes are pretty balanced ATM. Enforcers are generally tougher than other classes, but a well-developed character is an easy win against a poorly developed enforcer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast