Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PvP in 2ho detroys this game

Thumbs down PvP in 2ho detroys this game

Well about PvP in 2ho s**ks. (if u r a clan)
    If been doing some pvp now some times both in 2ho and MMD.
    And in 2ho it sucks if u r a clan, cause when omni hav little in life they run 2 the guards (not all but many).
    And that is relly chicken, happend to me many times.

1 time i was grid camped by a omni enf some lvl higher then me,
    when he had about 1/4 hp left he ran away to the guard so i stopped.
    That is relly chicken.
    Only time i think that is ok is if u not there to pvp just bypassing
    but there r not many omnis who do that, only clans.

The only good pvp is in MMD and arena, cause they r no omni guard OR clan guards to help and no places to zone.
    And they cant grid camp u either.
    Im gonna stop pvp in 2ho and i hope that all clan ppl follow my example.

Hey its not fun to grid in and have 6 omnis on ur back, thats not fun.
    If u want ur title fix it true a friend.
    The title is not so impotant.
    Im self is a freshman and i dont care if i lose my title.
    Hey i even fight ppl that r twice my lvl and dont care if i die.

And again not all omnis run to the guard, but many r doing that.

Hope that all coward omnis have got this.

No MORE guard "camping".

I agree MMD is better

Yesterday, though, there was a huge fight in 2HO on Rubi-Ka 2. Me and some other Omni tried to pull people away from the grid and spread out to make the battle more interesting. When noone listened, we suggested to take the fight to MMD.

But the only people who showed up in MMD were about 15 omnis, and no clanners. They stayed in 2HO. Why the clanners did not just go to MMD i have no idea.

I totally agree that dragging the enemy into guards during a fight is completely retarted and cowardish. Guards are for protecting people who do not want to participate in PvP. Don't use guards if you're in on a fair fight! Where's the fun in that?

What other alternatives do we have besides MMD and 2HO, any suggestions?

- Banjosammy

its a game

Each player in the game is a HUMAN BEING. and we all react differently to situations. just b/c someone wants to run and hide after starting a fight doesnt mean they are breaking some "unwritten rule". Since when did AO adopt RULES to follow in conducting PvP fights? And speaking of which, how can you honestly DEFINE a "proper" fight in PvP? Stop whining about other pvp'rs being "cowardly" and just play the game. besides, its all part of AO and that "interaction with other players."

if FC makes the story turnout to be an all-out war, clan vs omni, are we all gonna line the battlefields with our "Generals" making rules to follow like, "Ok guys, run away if they put up a good fight cause we dont want to lose"??????? If they turn tail an run, then they KNOW they are yellow and puss'd out. F*ck em!
    "Winning isnt everything, its the ONLY thing." --Vince Lombardi

USNPILOT solitus soldier RK2

LOL how about when CLANNERS come to 2ho and wompa camp omnis, then once guards jump in, or we try to fight back they zone. My favorite are a certain soldier and doctor who anyone over lvl 100 knows. The doctor does 2 DoTs then zones before you can fight back. The soldier does 4 specials and if ur still alive, zones. With the soldier you will never have a chance because of MK shield. With the doctor you will never have a chance because of the massive HP buff they have, and they have massive healing ablities.

PvP IMO is totally nerfed, it is now a GROUP venture, not a solo venture, unless ur a lvl 175+ picking on 75-125ers

Someone kindly explain why group PVP in outposts is bad!

Yet - another good thing about 13.0 :P

But, zoning into shops etc is bad. Shops/missions in mayhem zones are (or some are) 0% Why can't we have supression gas zones in certain shops also 25%?
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Talking Re: Canidy

Canidy means Carnaza(the soldier with mkshield) and the doctor is DrZand.

hmm

zand maybe but Carnaza, I don't think so. She only uses a nova now and that gives her 2 specials. 4 specials would mean she uses at least 2 guns and 1 of them would need aimed shot. I mission with her alot and have never seen this. Also you can't use the MK and switch weapons, so if you are using a flash point you could fling burst FA but then you'd have to wait 35 seconds to reload or switch weapons maybe 39 if she uses V. But yes they do work together in PVP as they are in the same guild. Still nothing clan does in 2ho can compare to the VAST whompa and grid CAMPAGE that is Omni. I've zoned into 2ho to be attacked by over 10 people at once so many times since the patch its silly.

Fighting in 2h0 is just getting old.

We need to move the war out to some of the larger areas, 4 holes, out into stret, etc.

Snarf

hmm good idea snarf

got any ideas how to do it? I don't think it will happen. There are only 2 types of players as far as PVP goes, title seekers and carebears. Carebears avoid those areas because they are scary. Title seekers avoid those areas because there are few zones to flee into. Yes there are stores around 4 holes and yes you could get a mission in SWB or do the bridge trick at cathedrial approach, but for the most part there is no incentive to go there.

1. No one IS there
    2. Risk
    3. Slow reward for title seekers

Maybe the best solution would be some GM events. Some important clanner crashes in 4 holes or SWB and an extraction mission is ran, at the same time OMNI get the same message, that the dignatary is there and must be captured and brought back to OMNI 75% gas. This makes it a seek and destroy for both sides and could be a lot of fun.

Well you need incentives to get people out there. The original "take over forts" thing was a cool idea. There really need to be goals of pvp.

One way cool idea would be to have "suppression gas plants" in remote areas that could be taken over by invaders. Once inside, the victors could change suppression levels in any zone (or in a subset of allowable zones) for 20 minutes. This would allow for really cool coordinated attacks -- "you guys take the planetary shield down, when the shield drops, we'll attack the deathstar" type stuff.
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

Thats an excellent idea Snarf. I like it.

Something that made it more like CTF or domination

would be nice. I guess then you'd feel players had more of an impact on the story if that was the case. I've heard that idea a few times and tossed it out a few times myself. Do you think funcom would be up for the programing tho? Personally I think they are pretty lazy. They don't make to many broad sprawling changes, they twink statistics and fix easy bugs and exploits.

Personally I have 2 zones I'm going to start hunting in (for omni that is) one for my noob one for my main guy. The guild and i will do the high one on "Kill an Omni for you mommy" night.

Snarf if you re-roll that newbie, send my noob a tell in game Erinnyes = noob, Ultra1 = higher guy.

First of off the gas plant is a GREAT Idea

Now for the reason I am a monster.

My god I cant believe I have not responded to this.

Yes 2HO is lame, I have actually talked to omni's that would not fight anywhere else. I had *edit* took off name *edit* contact me, 20 levels higher than me (crat, me enforcer level 94 at the time) and said "This is a well equiped character, I will fight you with him" (I had just chased his "underequipped fixer away").

Ya, he was well equipped with 20 levels, probably a meta/trader made pet, and he would only fight me in 2HO! ROFLOL

I said no way man, your turf, meet in meetmedere.

he replys I hate meetmedere it is too much like an arena.

ROFLOL once a fight starts in meet it can go ANYWHERE, he has the whole zone to run around in once we start the attack. If anything is an arena it is 2ho. It has geographical barriers or walls all the way around it. Not to mention the guards that "nobody runs to" (or at least if you talk to them about it).

So then he says "there are invisible walls in the gass zones, I lag"

EVERYONE DOES as your client loads the pvp or nonpvp oriented code from your hard drive! (I tell him this)

"well I will lag and casters lose when you lag"

OMG this is not UO where the caster stands there and you get whacked through lag. It is not a long lag, and I get it too, I dont think there would be time for ONE hammer hit (weapon of choice) in that lag.

So I ask him to pick a place and he reply's "I dont pick locations to fight"... LOL but he wont fight anywhere but 2ho .. what a joke, I put him on ignore.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Red face

Like Snarf, myself, and others have said...

PvP will ALWAYS be pointless until there is a real reason to get involved with it.

Forts, missions, goals, SOMETHING.

Done it... and now see NO point in it. To be "any" fun it requires groups and a GOAL. "reclaiming" 2HO use to be fun now it is just kind of lame...and i'm on RK2 so the pickings are slim enough as it is.

umm pvp's in 2h0 Not me

I don't believe the issue just resides there for pvp problem.

Example:

On Sat a group of clans went into 2h0 for a little fun and to test the changes they had made to pvp.

First point rk2 and pvp.

I waited forever.. at first.. thought i was fishing but , when the war started it rocked. There are some issues:

1. I found bout 15 clans.. lvl's ranged from 25 up to 120 they where fighting 3 to 5 omni's and the guards ( whice where pulled by the way .. omni's love to pulls guards) I'm not going to state the names of these players it would be rude.

2. Sometimes the new timer does't work.
    A. Example:
    1.While gridding in i was at half health before i gained control.

3. I brought in a lvl 25 enforcer... how is it a level 70 nt can attack him ("APPS") and the enforcer was not on a team .
    ( the term no chance came to mind when i saw that)

4. Omni's will attack you while near guards whice if your set to aggro the guard will pickup that your fighting then kill you and your team.. if your on one. ("There is no way that is pvp, guess a good plan if you can't win fair")

Final statment on this..

Keep pulling guards ("guess i could bring in some larger friends to kill off all your guards so ... i can have a fair fight") and finding ways to attack those lower levels which have no chance and the outcome is simple.

I guess you guys can fight yourselves. Maybe if your an NT nuke yourself but you will not have anyone else to pvp.

3. I brought in a lvl 25 enforcer... how is it a level 70 nt can attack him ("APPS") and the enforcer was not on a team .
    ( the term no chance came to mind when i saw that)
    Apps is 74 now, 1 more lvl pleeeeease

hehe if it ever happens Apps will be the most hunted character on RK2

of course it will probably never happen, but we can dream

killing someone you are almost twice their lvl is generally kinda boring, but god would it ever be fun with Apps
    Last edited by cman; Dec 5th, 2001 at 01:37:40.

The way i see it, the biggest problem with moving PvP to DAV etc, is that it takes to much time to get there, especially if you die, you have to go all the way back. I would really like FC to get a grid access out there, it would be MUCH more attractive to go there then.
    NT phone HOME!!

PvP IMO is totally nerfed, it is now a GROUP venture, not a solo venture, unless ur a lvl 175+ picking on 75-125ers

*cough* Aberic *cough*

:P

Apps , should he ever level is going to have to hide like the little grid camping, grouping with his level 1 secondary, candy-ass, griefer he is, because a lot of people are going to get great pleasure out of making sure he never walks 1 step into a PvP area without being sent immediatly to reclaim, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars. Hehe, yep I too cannot wait for him to ding. I'd have no problem killing his grey behind over and over and over and over and over.
    Last edited by Ming; Dec 13th, 2001 at 20:40:10.

MMMMM apps, please ding.. for me!

hahahaha
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast