Thread: Please add just a little more to MAs

Wink Please add just a little more to MAs

Thank you Funcom for finally addressing MA problems. I had shelved my MA since sometime in December and even closed my account over the last couple months. I came back because I read about the changes to the MA damage output.

It's nice to not hit for minimum on almost every shot now, but even with the fix we are still falling far short. I am lvl 85, my MA skill has been maxed for my title level for a few lvls now. In my guild we have 3 beam wielding enforcers. One of them is almost 10 levels lower than me, the other is 2 levels higher. Neither of them would lose their beams if the OE patch came out today, yet both of them hit for far higher damage than I, at nearly the same pace (especially with flurry of blows!).

In theory, MAs are supposed to be able to do more damage over time than any other class but you guys know darn well that isnt holding up.
    There is truely something wrong when two players have nearly the same attack rating but one of them hits for 1800-2100 often and you get the occasional 1100-1200 with mostly 300s (these are non brawl hits, against red MOBs dropping ~QL120-150 items).

MY 83 MA constanly outdamages the others in the group and pulls aggro quite a bit. With blessed with thunder/brawl/1sec attack time we are damage over time dealers.
    After 14.02 they will not be able to equip these at lvl 75
    http://antiguardians.org/itemdb.php?&cmd=view&id=122919 without a penalty.

I think its great that a heal-less/crit-less enforcer deals more damage and keeps the aggro. Now if the enforcer had heals i would be ticked off =)
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

Originally posted by Gravy
    Ever heard of Mongo?
    Yeah, I bought a Pontiac Fiero from him... Great guy.

Originally posted by Drkrawn

Yeah, I bought a Pontiac Fiero from him... Great guy.
    Anyone who sold you a Fiero is NOT a nice guy!
    |-o-| (=0=) |-o-|

Dude, dont give them crit buffs, and see how much you WILL outdamage them.

MA's, on self buffs, would be pretty hard pressed to be out damaged by anyone.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

I am a level 65 MA, punching from appro. 1xx-3xx, with a 1k crit from brawl and 8xx crit from a good punch. At first, I thou I was good as I could take down an orange at my level easily. Then, last night I ask a kind agent around my level what is his avg damage output. He say '100-2k'. I was stunned, but quickly realize 2k is his crit hit. So, I ask him again to confirm this. And 'no' he said, appearently he was crit for 4k. That was triple my damage output, and I can't help to feel how gimped my prof was.

You use your fists, we use guns that fire rounds the wieght and size of you hand.
    I was one of the people who believe that FC had a "secret" 12.0 patch just before launch....he he.

You start to think that the Shrooms are wearing off and then you look at the ceiling and realize you got a few hours.

Okie, can you explain why a blunt weapon such as hammer out damage you gun?

300 lbs metal I beam, do the math.
    I was one of the people who believe that FC had a "secret" 12.0 patch just before launch....he he.

You start to think that the Shrooms are wearing off and then you look at the ceiling and realize you got a few hours.

and a 300ibs metal suppose to out damage a gun? Who teach you physics? Do you know that our fist is bigger then your bullet?
    Last edited by Leumas; Mar 21st, 2002 at 07:34:53.

Actually a person can be shot by a 9mm in the torso and have it do little to immediately kill them. However being hit in the chest with an I beam is deffinetly going to cause some immediate problems to your continued combat capability.

Seriously though it's a game. If it was like RL everyone would have around 10 HP max and get killed by one shot ever time.
    Oren "Ironheel" Fadri
    Clan Enforcer

Read my first post, It has nothing to do with RL logic. In fact I was using game's figure to show damage ouput comparison between a agent and ma. Until someone decide to messed with me by using his RL logic, and so I just play around with him. Asking tricky question to see how he could fit RL logic into AO.

Real reason, is that that particular agent had a QL200/188 rifle on, compared to your QL65 + implant + MA mastery + etc fist, which is by no means QL200
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Actually, I am wearing ql90 implant, will that help?
    Last edited by Leumas; Mar 21st, 2002 at 16:35:03.

Irritated, no offense but the others you group with are either weak, not beam using enforcers, or just doing something wrong.
    I pull aggro about 10% of the time. I have no problem at all keeping aggro when I group with other profs at the same level. My MA is not gimped in any way (all IP has gone to the right places). There is just no way your fists can out damage a beam using enforcer.
    Like I said in the original post:
    "There is truely something wrong when two players have nearly THE SAME ATTACK RATING but one of them hits for 1800-2100 often and you get the occasional 1100-1200 with mostly 300s (these are non brawl hits, against red MOBs dropping ~QL120-150 items)."
    Last edited by Xer; Mar 21st, 2002 at 18:20:36.

Originally posted by Xer
    Irritated, the others you group with are either weak, not beam using enforcers, or just doing something wrong.
    I pull aggro about 10% of the time. I have no problem at all keeping aggro when I group with other profs at the same level. There is just no way your fists can out damage a beam using enforcer.
    Like I said in the original post:
    "There is truely something wrong when two players have nearly THE SAME ATTACK RATING but one of them hits for 1800-2100 often and you get the occasional 1100-1200 with mostly 300s (these are non brawl hits, against red MOBs dropping ~QL120-150 items)."
    I group with others that are equal to my lvl or over my lvl. The only class that seems to outdamage me is agents. Using a ql200 rifle at lvl 85 seems a bit much and they usually pay by having a red mob smacking them around. Enforcers that are using beams only pull aggro if they get a good brawl and a good hit in the beginning. If you stopped casting crit buffs on them you would also see yourself pulling more aggro.

I honestly don't see the point in this anyway. The MA is more than just a damage dealer. Soloing slighty red and oranges are generally no problem for me.

Don't you also see a problem that a "non-weak" enforcer using a beam way above his lvl still only has the same attack rating as you? You don't have to over equip. You don't have to pay millions for a new weapon. Yet you're the one complaining... I swear! =)
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

Just hit 100. Can quite easily solo oranges. (The only problem are orange soldiers, really) I am afraid that damagewise, MA will stay behind a weapon-user till lvl 200. Why? simply. A pre-200 weapon user always can equip a weapon higher than his own lvl. Depending on implants, buffs, etc can be MUCH higher. And then add 20% on top of that (come 14.2). Considering that someone 130+ will generally be able to use ql 200 weapons without penalty after 14.2, Past that level you'll be steadily closing the damage gap.

However, MAs have healing ability which I believe is rivaled only by doctors.

Would be interesting to hear from a real high level MA (160+) here.

MA heals are worse than everyone elses.
    Doc's, Traders and adv all have better heals than us
    and I don't think we get a total heal like I know adv and docs do

Sunraven

Hmm was it 14.0 or 14.2 patch where MAs damage buffs would chage its damage type?
    Anyway when that patch comes in and you have att least skills for q37 damage buff nano ( Corrosive Fists) will be the time when you get your another love from Funcom.
    Heh uber MAs would be fun to se them in pvp vs non rooters.

MA vs Enforcer in full elite: MA cast Corrosive Fists and bypass most of Enorcers AC.
    MA vs Enforcer in full Omni pol: MA casts Fists of Fire and have about same result.

So when they add that you will have ablity to change your melee damage to Energy, Fire or Chem damage instead.
    And since Fire and Chem AC are less that MA/Melee it means that you will be doing even more damage.

Or is iam totaly wrong?
    Cyrus "Makarov" Scola (so called creator of never released Kamikazebots)

Kids= 30sec pleasure +18years of suffering.
    Al Bundy

BY WAFFEN:
    The entire free-trade community from North, Central and South America, along with the EU and the rest of Europe, Russia, the former Soviet States, India, Communist China and the rest of Asia along with industrialized Africa (mainly S. Africa) all know what slag is, and use that term regularly.
    So just what culture is being offended by the term "slag"?