Thread: Omni-Mining’s Official Explanation of Presence in Borealis

Post Omni-Mining’s Official Explanation of Presence in Borealis

Greetings Citizens of Rubi-Ka,

In light of recent events in Borealis and objections to these events by certain locals, we have agreed to release a public statement of reasons for our presence in Borealis. This document will explain the event that triggered our presence and the reason for increased security.

But first I must explain about the complex itself. On the contrary to popular belief, the Borealis Mining Complex is not fully abandon. But the public is half correct in this case. The mine is abandon in the sense of mining notum. It is indeed true that this complex has stopped mining notum for some time now. This was done for fear of damage to the city itself long ago. Also since it’s in a rather difficult area, geographically and politically, Omni-Mining decided long ago to continue mining notum in safer areas. But the complex itself was not fully close. It remained open as a communications base, which provides constant communication networks connecting the North and South. It is believed that the downfall of the global communications network a few days ago was caused by robotic crews repairing several electric currents in the complex. The robotic repair crews had to shut down power to the entire base or risk being over shocked and malfunction. Thus the satellite mounted on the top part of the base was shut down which caused massive problems with the communications network. But now everything is fixed and back in order on that section of the complex. The base also functions as a testing facility for new mining equipment. Only mining equipment that has been approved by our Engineering department goes to this facility. This means equipment that has already passed above ground safety and efficiency test. Then they are shipped to the complex in Borealis for several small tests in the tunnels.

The base has been kept silent not due to some secret “experiments” that certain people would like to believe. But it has been kept silent due to its location. We do not want the rebel clans attacking or spying on our new mining equipment so that they can illegally mine notum more effectively. Thus due to this document and release of this not too sensitive information, normal security will be increase slightly once the complex is back on-line. But the local residents need not to worry, you won’t even notice, for the guards will be inside and not outside, as it always has been.

Now that I have briefed you on what the complex itself, I will explain the events that lead to our presence.

On the evening of Friday July 25, 29477 the Borealis Complex was put on emergency status. Evacuation of the complex was begun immediately. The sensors showed an exposition happened in the lower tunnel areas. Due to the unexpected explosion in a stable area, no chances were taken. We thought there has been an attack on our complex. An armed convoy lead by our security forces left Clon**** and arrived at the complex an hour or so after the incident. The complex was mostly evacuated by then. The area was deemed clear and secure. Investigation began immediately. The investigation took all week, while our security forces patrolled the area making sure, if this was an attack, another would not happen. The investigation was completed on Saturday August 2, 29477.

During the week we made some interesting discoveries. We have taken all the data we have gather and formulated what would have caused this. It seems our first thought is correct. All evidence points to a terrorist attack done most likely by member of the Borealis Pact. But this is not conclusive. We have contacted Omni-Pol and informed them of this, not that they are the attackers but suspects. We have filed a criminal report of the events on August 2, 29477 when several members of the Nanomage Liberation Front tried to take employees hostage when they presented no hostile threat to them or anyone of Borealis. We do not want any arrest or sanctions done on them but continued criminal activity done by them will be sought after.

As you can see the reason of our presence has only to do with the thought and conformation of an attack on our old mining complex. The complex itself took minimal damage and restoration is under way. The complex will be back up and running its normal routines soon enough.

We apologize for making anyone worry. But if such an attack didn’t happen, this wouldn’t have happened. But thankfully the area of Azure Lake is still in perfect condition, it may have been much worse if the attack was greater. Also no permeate deaths have been reported thanks to our insurance technology. Only one worker was killed in the blast but was reclaimed later.

That is all I have to say about this matter. I thank you for your time.

One thing is clear, given the choice to possible explanations, the average Rubi-Kan will choose to believe the more paranoid version. I think its in our genes.

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

This is indeed true. But at least I gave out the true nature of the Borealis Mining Complex.

Good work director!
    NanoTek - "Better living through Nanotechnology!"

The "Official" Explanation? There is an "Unofficial" one?

/me thinks this smells fishy
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Unknown: "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"
    Scope755: "To all Devs: ISNT SOO COOL TO BE NOT WELCOME IN INFERNO SK TEAMS."

~~~From the Desk of Emma Peele, President of The Union~~~

Following a report from General Ramiyana of the NLF, I recently sent one of my assistants to take a look around the Borealis Mine. She reported to me that she was disturbed by what she found.

#1 On the appraoch to Azure Lake from Borealis, she felt a disruption in the air from her Yalm. She said is was if the sky was vibrating. She was hesitant to continue, but she landed safely and continued on to the site on foot.
    #2 The ground also felt like it was vibrating slighlty, causing the wildlife in the area to behave strangely. She and her android assistant began to wander around the mine, the closer they came to entrances, the more the ground shook, and a faint sound could be heard as well.
    #3 Maroula stated that there was a smell in the air, like that of burning oil, very noxious. She had her assitant terminate some of the wildlife closest to the door to get samples of their tissue and blood. These have as of yet not been returned from the lab, so when we have findings, we will let you know.

In conclusion; My office feels that whatever Omni-Mining and Swiftmind claim to be up to, they are still hiding something. What they want to tell us publiclly, and what is the truth, well.... they are perhaps not the same things. I also beleive this is an inappropriate location for any testing to be done. Borealis must be free of notum mining and any/ all testing in the abandoned mine.
    I would prefer not to see an escallation of the situation.

Safe travels,
    Last edited by Pyromanche; Aug 15th, 2003 at 17:27:18.
    Emma "Pyromanche" Peele, Neutral Kingpin RK1
    Founder of The Union
    President

Post Response To Emma Peele

Greetings Emma Peele,

Your concern for the safety of your home is noble and is well received by many. I will clarify what your assistants report.

On the comment of the “sky vibrating” I would like to know what day this took place on. Wind perhaps? There are usual updrafts due to the shape of the hill itself.

Yes the ground would have been vibrating a bit on some days. It was the robotic crews making several repairs to the tunnels themselves. Reports showed they had to dig out some caved in areas near the surface. You may have felt the machines digging out debris near the surface at the time of your arrival.

Burring oil? Possible. Some machines down there are very old. The exposition could have caused them to leak. Not everything is always sweet smelling down their. Once again the working crews may have a part to play in these smells as well. Not to mention some small areas were burring after the exposition. They were put out after the areas were sealed. They were unsealed later and the smell of the fire itself may have made its way up to the surface.

We would gladly do it at another location, but this complex is the only large complex able to do this. The simple tests the equipment goes through at the complex never has or will affect the life of humans or wildlife in Borealis. No one even knew it was going on if they walked around. I can assure you nothing harmful comes from these tests. The explosion was caused by outside interference. Borealis is free of notum mining though, there has not been a shipment coming from this complex in years, for the reasons I explained before.