Thread: The technical fixes is all ok, but WHAT ABOUT THE RP ISSUES?

The technical fixes is all ok, but WHAT ABOUT THE RP ISSUES?

We have milelong discussions about technical issues, why this bow isnt as great as that rifle, and how come this is so nerfed compared to that, but hey guys: Am I the only one who really do not care that much for technical details?

Ok, my sister is an adventurer and the pistols suck. SHE DOES NOT CARE! Ok, so some teenager with a main char has equipped his lvl20 char with 500.000 worth of implants, weapons and twinkled as much as an average olympics athlet, and run around in PvP-zones. I DONT CARE! Let the kids have their fun. The'll grow up and see the real beauty of RPGames, some day. Or they get tired and return to Quake. Byebye baby, I wont miss you.

What I DO care about, is the world I'm living in: Rubi-Ka. My friends, the roleplay within the guild, the explorations, the sights, the events that take place every now and then.

Im fairly strong, been around for a while, know my implants and nanos. I survive, and take my pride in returning back after a long travel, instead of just committing suicide by /terminating. So be it if some overequipped bountyhunter comes across and rip the spine out of me. Its a dangerous planet, Rubi-Ka. And I've got my dear Yalm to return me safely home.

But what do I return to?

Yes. The apartment. The ten items apartment. The apartment that looks exactly like all the other apartments, with no windows, no views, thats located in a newbie area that looks the exact same as all the other newbie areas of that side.

Well, I still invited some of my friends to a houseparty, and packed twenty people in there. It was a wild party, yes indeed, but the furniture didnt have to disappear like it did, in there. Thats a bug for ya.

My sister is a neutral adventurer! Why cant she have a cage somewhere in the woods? With all the beautiful graphics made for the missions, surely there must be plenty to choose from of existing graphics, to make a nice, crystalenlightened cave, or a small cabin somewhere where she can return home, to her own peaceful spot, where she can sharpen her Riders while watching the sunset. Myself, Id like an urban penthouse on the top floor of a building in the unofficial capital of the neutrals, Borealis, with a view from my balcony, to the waterfalls outside the city.

There should still be the free apartments, but what about building apartment complexes with genuine apartments offered for sale? Hell, this could be a traders only item, for them to buy and sell?

Of the missions Ive been in, Ive seen so many rooms that I would stop and look closer at. And Ive thought "Hey - I wanna LIVE here!"

And PLEASE - at least give me a sofa, or a bed? If not, a chair should not be too much to ask for?

So much for the apartments. Clothing is another issue. Its obvious that the Miir Fashion guys need some competition. They have not renewed their collection for ages. We all run around in the same clothing, looking like bimbos, pimps or - oh the horror - atroxes in string bikinis.

What about making a profession, either one of the current, or a totally new one, being able to design their own line of fashionwear, or craftsmen creating furniture? Or at least, please make local variations in dresses. Is it logical that the exact same clothing are to be found all over the planet? I dont think so! I think there should be a store, probably located in Omni Entertainment, where an independent designer makes high quality, high priced clothings for the jetset. AND SELLS TO ALL SIDES, not only Omnis. That weapons and other war equipment is restricted sale, is reasonable. But leisurewear? Does not make sense.

Also, I think there should be a smaller shop, in Borealis, where a neutral designer is offering her creations, at a limited number. When its sold out, its not aviable anywhere else than trade amongst other citizens, but she offers new designs. Some times shes probably sold out. Maybe shes off for a vacation too, at times.

And, finally, I beg you all, Omnis and clans: You are all welcome to our poor, but beloved capital, Newland. BUT PLEASE RETURN THE HOSPITALITY BY *NOT* KILLING OUR GUARDS!

Best regards

Deanne Tedder, on behalf of the Tedder family

Deanne "Dreammate" Tedder
    Nella "Slowblitz" Tedder
    Jeana "Flowerlight" Tedder

for the cave in the forest, it s a little boring to walk (or fly) 2 min and see a city...

I choose an appartment in Tir, Backyard 5, in front the grid access, it s easy and quick

But, i think it s important to add more object in the appartement...
    10 object ok, but only non-decorative object and can put like 20 decorative object. count the number of object you have in your room... wait.. 1,2,3,4,5...24 in my (big) bed room... and we have a hall + a living...

Can i buy a bed ? i never found one... oh and is it possible to have wallpaper and something to put in the floor ? it s not really beautiful like that...

Thumbs up Oh, and one more thing:

Regarding ingame logics: The Yalm/cars/boats should not be an item in your inventory. It should be something you entered and exited. You park your yalm outside the building you want to enter, and it stays there until you return and enter it again!

Ok, I guess you should be able to pick up the vehicle and put it in your inventory for practical issues, but still, it should be something you dropped and then entered.

The same goes for animations: To turn into a leet, you should morph into the shape, not just *boom* and youre changed.

Same goes for the yalm/cars/boats, entering it should be an animation, not just switching into it.

The walk home...

Mareva: That should be up to the person to decide, whether or not he/she wants an easy access, or a travel, to get to his/hers home! I think it would be utterly cool, to have a place where Id have to fly for a minute or two, to get to.

I even think it would have been cool with a place, located on an island with the waters filled with piranhas, or on top of a steep mountain, where you could only get to it by flying.

And, to further extend the RPing possibilities, what about if you forgot to close the door, anyone could enter and maybe steal your valuable art collection? Or break&entry the apartment, if you have poor locks on it?

As for myself, I think I have the largest collection of different rings on Rubi-Ka (i have serious doubts that I miss any of the ones aviable), and would love to have it displayed in my livingroom!

hm, i think it s a little... hm it's not really important and i see in front of a shop 10 Yalm and 5 car...
    for the animation, i think it take many times to funcom, for nothing...

For noting? Its essential, imo!

"for the animation, i think it take many times to funcom, for nothing..."

I dont agree! Why are there animations, at all? Its all eyecandy, after all? All the social moves - are they essential to level and buy weapons? Nope - its all for roleplaying, and making the planet more lifelike.

Now I dont know what kind of technical effort involved, to make this happen. Im not God (a FC programmer), just a citizen of Rubi-Ka.

I twink, I know many people that twink and are adults.
    Do you know wh some of us do so? Because the game offers NO MORE FUN when you have been hutitng and leveling for months, an endless circle over and over and over kill level, ding stats up kill ding woo.

I twinked becuase its getting boring a little bit now, I like it, making a character the best you can.

I just got my soldier a set of ql 130 Implants on, and my 133 enf has that, thats how much I have messed up.

FYI Its more like, 2mill then 500k - just implants.

PVP is the only fun left, unless we get some REGULAR events.

Thats my point exactly

This game is SO much more than just hunting and leveling! Thats my point alltogether, the equipping and HPs and monsters and loot is, in my opinion, just a small part of what it *can* be, when you roleplay.

The most boring thing about AO, is that there are so many regular videogames-players there, who just care about weapons and buffs. They dont care about the storyline, sides, the conflict, anyting. Just "buff me please" "got any creds to spare" and "lvl30 enf lfg" yells in the air all the time.

This is a ROLEPLAYING GAME, folks! Wake up!

When am omni gets pissed because my clan alt refuse to buff him with an attitude, somethings seriously wrong. Would you help a nazi soldier during ww2? Or would you ask him to drop dead?

And when the first thing a person asks me about, is my age/location/sex, I just wanna sit down and log on the spot, and call it the day. Does this game look like mIRC to you guys?

PvP is a part of the game, and surely, it will be an even more important issue as the storyline evolves. Thats why twinking is being taken care of in the 14.2 patch. Whats really so fun in killing a regular, nontwinkled character? Is it really more fun than go hunting greys?
    Building a character is sooo much more than just maxing its stats - IF youre into roleplay. And if youre not then... Well... I dont really think AO is your game.

I hate feeling like a freak when I say that I am from Tir when people ask... they usually reply "hehe, no, irl" get frustrated. What, like they expect me to admit that I'm from NEWLAND?

My friend really confused when someone called him a "storm trooper" from something called "Star Wars"... psch, whatever.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist