Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 Ten most Wanted

Arrow

To Meister: Thanks for telling me that Ross "kind of runs things, but really doesnt". I was making a point. Besides, who should be making the calls then if you dont want to listen to Ross or his APPOINTED leaders......YOU? Ya thatll be the day.

To FeloniousPunk: The media DOES NOT create wanted lists. The FBI, ATF, CIA, etc creates the lists. Then in turn they hand the list to the media so the word can get out to everyone. The media is a neutral faction that is around to inform society with the news. The media is not in charge of tracking and capturing criminals.

To FeloniousPunk: I knew someone would take the "little brother" example too personal. How about this one FeloniousPunk....Lets say someone hacks into my account, logs into my character, and goes into Omni Ent - killing every guard in sight? Ive seen it happen before. Easy way to ruin someones name. If you dont like that example, then let me know. I will come up with a dozen others.

To FeloniousPunk: Your right, FC will never do such a thing.

To FeloniousPunk: Your last thing kind of goes with what I said to Meister. Im going to follow Ross and his APPOINTED leaders. I refuse to follow someone who claims to be official just because he says so. I refuse to follow someone who creates his own rules, gives his own orders, creates his own wanted lists, and condemns people because HE wants to. They then claim that "its what Ross wants". Thats abuse of power, tyrannical, and traitorous. (Yes Omni has a few people that fit that description)

To FeloniousPunk: People DID show up on that list because of a personal dispute and rumors. Its easier than you think to spread rumors. Lets say Larry from guild A gets in a fight from Moe (a very influencial person) in guild B. Guild B has 150 members. Moe is very upset and is now out to destroy Larry. Moe in guild B tells 149 members that Larry is evil, idiotic, etc, etc, and killed a guard in Omni Trade. 150 people are now out to get the evil, idiotic, etc, etc Larry that killed a guard in Omni Trade. 150 soon becomes 300 - through the media, chat channels, other friends, etc. Now Kirrana, for example, writes up a big story on how evil Larry is and puts him on the wanted list after interviewing numerous people. (I respect Kirrana for finally ending one major rumor about TBA, and not putting them on the list. Maybe now people will understand that TBA doesnt want to be a part of the Omni vs Omni nonsense.)

Furthermore, just as Kirrana said, Azazzel doesnt want to be part of the storyline. Its a shame some people, wont name any names, (cough Meister cough) cant get that through their brains. That is exactly one of my points. Did you see how quick Meister, who has absolutely no official power, INSISTED of having his own hated enemy on that list? There are people who take the game way too personal and RP way too much, that will insist of having people that dont RP on that list. I am glad that Kirrana asked those people if they wanted to be on that list. I doubt that she asked Spydervenom however, because I know he doesnt RP. He fits my description of someone who either (pick one)

a. Does not RP and/or does not want to be on the list
    b. Was a victim of rumors (yes rumors do get spread quickly)
    c. A victim of a personal grudge with a guild leader that loves spreading rumors and destroying peoples characters
    d. Really intoxicated, and blindlessly killed a guard one night
    e. Little brother played
    f. Someone hacked his account
    g. Someone from a guild that claims to be the official police insulted him, provoked him, and/or framed him
    h. Got real tired, and accidentally fell asleep on the keyboard, and hit the "Q" button
    j. A newbie that doesnt know better
    k. Some idiot that loves to just attack anyone or anything
    l. A victim of a GM provoke. Yes GMs try to create stories (as we all know the case with Azazzel).
    m. Result of a built up of rage against FC for everything it has done.
    o. A victim of a major conspiracy
    p. A victim of a upset reporter because his/her girlfriend/boyfriend was taken from them.

I can go on and on. Im sure most will fit under a, but hey anything is possible. In addition, I have complete confidence in Omni. They banned Freen. What more do you want? They havent banned, or acted apon most of the others on that list. Therefore, I will not act apon most of the others on that list, until OMNI tells me to. I also urge people to stay open minded - to not act apon people because the media says so, or an unofficial, unappointed, fraudulent police officer says so.

Hey come on, Cosmik doesn't look that bad in a thong. It's those atroxes....ewwww.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    Originally posted by Laeni
    Hey come on, Cosmik doesn't look that bad in a thong. It's those atroxes....ewwww.
    I beg to differ. I was there when he went 50 ft tall. Oh god, have you ever seen the thong from underneath!!! *shivers*

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

Originally posted by ralliral
    To FeloniousPunk: The media DOES NOT create wanted lists. The FBI, ATF, CIA, etc creates the lists. Then in turn they hand the list to the media so the word can get out to everyone. The media is a neutral faction that is around to inform society with the news. The media is not in charge of tracking and capturing criminals.
    No, but they have been known to practically try and convict people in the "court of public opinion." I referenced the Atlanta Bomber incident because while the FBI was considering him as a suspect (quietly, and it's standard practice anyway), the press got a hold of it and made the (innocent) man seem to be a dangerous, wanted criminal in the eyes of the public. He still hasn't recovered from the damage to his reputation. Which actually reinforces your point about libel... I just mentioned it because it's really not that unusual for the press to involve itself in undesirable ways in the process of justice.

I think Kirrana has more integrity than Dan Rather though .

To FeloniousPunk: I knew someone would take the "little brother" example too personal. How about this one FeloniousPunk....Lets say someone hacks into my account, logs into my character, and goes into Omni Ent - killing every guard in sight? Ive seen it happen before. Easy way to ruin someones name. If you dont like that example, then let me know. I will come up with a dozen others.
    Actually, I'd like to hear them. Did you report them to FC? Honestly, how often do people's accounts get hacked. I seriously doubt it's anything more than a very rare occurance.

But please post data if it's actually otherwise.

To FeloniousPunk: Your last thing kind of goes with what I said to Meister. Im going to follow Ross and his APPOINTED leaders. I refuse to follow someone who claims to be official just because he says so. I refuse to follow someone who creates his own rules, gives his own orders, creates his own wanted lists, and condemns people because HE wants to. They then claim that "its what Ross wants". Thats abuse of power, tyrannical, and traitorous. (Yes Omni has a few people that fit that description)
    Then don't follow them, I guess. But given the problem with renegade Omni personnel we're having, and the lack of measured response from OTRK at this point, we loyal employees are going to do something about it.

Actually, we ARE Omni-Tek. We are not robots, we are charged with defending the interests of our company. I don't believe that Funcom intended for us on the Omni side to sit around passively waiting for every word from Philip Ross' mouth to fall and just level in the in-between times. We get our strategic guidance from him, but we are the ones who translate that into action in the game. Wouldn't be much of a game if we didn't.

And, looking at Cosmik's response, I'd say that Kirrana's idea found official approval.

To FeloniousPunk: People DID show up on that list because of a personal dispute and rumors. Its easier than you think to spread rumors. Lets say Larry from guild A gets in a fight from Moe (a very influencial person) in guild B.
    Who showed up on that list because of rumors? You make the allegation then follow up with a hypothetical situation. Not a very effective way to make your point.

There are people who take the game way too personal and RP way too much, that will insist of having people that dont RP on that list.
    Bah. You lose. There is no "RP optional" flag in the game. The storyline and the game fiction aren't optional. There are plenty of people who don't care about it, but if you do things that run against the structure that FC has built into their game, like killing same side guards or sabotaging events for whatever reason, then be prepared to pay the price and don't whine when you get punished.

I can go on and on. Im sure most will fit under a, but hey anything is possible. In addition, I have complete confidence in Omni. They banned Freen. What more do you want?
    I want serious, effective, and swift sanctions against Omni-Tek employees who attack Omni-Tek personnel and interests. There has been a lot of that going on and it needs to stop. Kirrana's efforts are a good attempt to do something about it.

LOL! This takes the cake. Some gets so worked up over FC that they believe they have the right to spoil the fun for other players AND THEN whine about getting punished by others for it. That's chutzpah. Sorry, can't take you seriously anymore after that.
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

Arrow

With the exception of that Atlanta thing you keep mentioning Felonious....you really havent given me any time consuming refutes of the points that I have made. So uumm just posting here to talk about the hacked account that you brought up. Yes I know someone that got their account broken into. He said that all of his belongings where sold...and he got a bunch of /tells logged by numerous people yelling at him for killing Omni guards. Although rare, it DOES happen....even though I wouldnt understand why an idiot would do such a thing. Anyways that is the reason why FC has a disclaimer about hacked accounts, and preventative measures.

(Looks at post again)

Well actually, you did make a good point Felonious. There SHOULD be serious, effective, and swift sanctions against Omni-Tek employees who attack Omni-Tek personnel and interests. Maybe if FC throws that into a future patch...we wouldnt have to be wasting our time with this thread. A consequence should have been implimented by FC on day one.

My reasons are:

h. Got real tired, and accidentally fell asleep on the keyboard, and hit the "Q" button
    o. A victim of a major conspiracy

Keapa = Die , everyone else is okay, just keapa, grrrr.

please read the scripts

Originally posted by Scorus
    FC has abandoned their original idea of prisons and punishment for players. As Aberic and friends yelled at their trial "I'll leave the game if you punish me, Funcom!". There will be no punishments for in-game illegal actions, only out-of-game illegal actions.

I would like to see them let us /assist guards when they are under attack instead of just sitting there and watching the 14-year-olds attack them for no reason.

Scorus

Yes it was my trial but i never said i would leave the game at the trial please read them.

i wanna be on that list
    Eldridge "Thewanderer" Shelling
    Clan Martial-Artist
    3305 Local Diplomat

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    Originally posted by n0th1ng
    i wanna be on that list
    Please don't run around in a thong n0th1ng. I don't think we can take it.

o. A victim of a major conspiracy...
    p. A victim of a upset reporter...

and last but not least:

q. Victim of psychological stress from seeing Cosmik and n0th1ng frolicking in thongs on the streets of Omni-Ent.

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

You crazy omni's running around saying you are going to capture so and so. Ross is weak, Omni Pol is weak, Omni as a whole is weak and every single omni will die from my gun if need be!

But even if we manage to jail this crew, will we be able to capture Carmen Sandiego?

THEOREM:
    Omni Bureaucrats work for "The Man."
    "The Man" is the >190 Fixer title.
    Ergo, Phillip Ross is a Fixer.
    -QED-

wow, redruums numero uno huh

grats redruum.

Originally posted by Scorus
    FC has abandoned their original idea of prisons and punishment for players. As Aberic and friends yelled at their trial "I'll leave the game if you punish me, Funcom!". There will be no punishments for in-game illegal actions, only out-of-game illegal actions.

I would like to see them let us /assist guards when they are under attack instead of just sitting there and watching the 14-year-olds attack them for no reason.
    We dont need those immature little *****es in the game anyways, so i dont see anything wrong with the idea of prisons and punishment for a player's in-game actions.

Hell, maybe they could just teleport any player that breaks a rule to jail(thier probably going to leave anyways) instead of taking the effort to ban thier account.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12