Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 Ten most Wanted

10 Ten most Wanted

I started an item on my site http://omni-tek.tripod.com/index.html about the criminals on Rubi-Ka as a roleplaying idea. Jhoanna suggested we have a 10 ten most wanted criminals on Rubi-Ka.

An great idea I thought as I am working on one. Basically if you now run around trying to kill Omni-Pol, Clan or neutral guards or innocent members of the public you stand a chance of being labelled a criminal and featuring on the 10 ten most wanted list.

However this does bring one problem FC people are seeming allowed to play any role possible without their beening a consequence to your actions. If Omni-Tek is lead to believe to be real in any sense in the game then you must face a reaction from your action.

I have no problem with people RPing the bad guy and shooting up the Omni-Pol officers as they have been. But they must face some consequence for doing this.

We have seen one trial, and also freen being kicked out of Omni-Tek but rather than as a warning we just had even more people starting to kill Omni-Pol guards.

I suggest a number of punishments could be used.

1. Build an open prision some where they cant escape from and depending on the crime determines how long you get sent there. It might by a full hour or maybe in 24 hours.

2. KOS the players are branded as criminals and will be fired upon by any guards be they Omni, Clan or Neutral.

3. KOS by players, if people are really RPing outlaws then treat them as such create a new faction called outlaws and create a new town. These players are only allowed to save at the new town which only sells the basic of equipment. These players to survive will have to do missions to get items, but the missions they get will pay less of course.

They will not be able to use the omni clan channels to trade and people would be able to see they are classed as outlaws and choose if they want to trade with them.

This would open up a whole new set of ideas for missions, people being sent in to clear out outlaw town for example.

I do understand the amount of work and coding this may take. But if people are going to RP and kill things on site then fair enough but as in the real world they need to be punished. Otherwise its all rather pointless Rping in the first place as death carries no penatlies in AO we need some system.

Oh 10 top most wanted here is my go at it.

1 Dust Brigade
    2. Reduum
    3. Portman
    4. Vinlero Baldero
    5. Wesley "Methlon" Peak
    6. John "Partypooper" McKechnie
    7. Nehcron "Ugluk" Howryla
    8. Pasquale "Spydervenom" Capo
    9. Sierra "Jhoanna" Washko
    10. Cosmik ( the crime of thong wearing in a public place)

Thumbs up top ten list

I love the idea of a most wanted list and KOS orders for the most wanted criminals also I I agree with the fact that there are prisons but they aren't being used. The fact is when you put someone in prison for say 24 hours they will just go to a different character if they have one. I think maybe a massive fine would be sufficient and community service maybe as punishment also with or without jail time. the rest though I think is a great idea and should be looked into.

Ingenuity + Engineering = Enginuity !

Kirrana...

I'm going to find you and dance, and then around you constantly. Up the streets of Omni-1, down the alleys of Newland....I'll be there.

Muahahahhaaha *ack* hahah *ack* *uuuurrrrkk*

(Great post, Kirrana)
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

FC has abandoned their original idea of prisons and punishment for players. As Aberic and friends yelled at their trial "I'll leave the game if you punish me, Funcom!". There will be no punishments for in-game illegal actions, only out-of-game illegal actions.

I would like to see them let us /assist guards when they are under attack instead of just sitting there and watching the 14-year-olds attack them for no reason.

Scorus

Well a simple, logical, and quite evil punishment would be to make anyone who kills a guard KOS for a little while to that group of guards. Though this might be a little evil and cause people to quit, Imagine if what happened after the guards you'd been killing managed to kill you was you popped back out of the reclaim terminal... and then the guards killed you again, and again and again etc.

I'd much rather see an /assist option for the guards, but that might make for a coding nightmare and allow for some people to find ways to gank random people that just happened to be near or targeting a guard for some reason.
    Oren "Ironheel" Fadri
    Clan Enforcer

/me Whistles....
    Some people are missing from that.

Edit: Temporarily Unavailable
    The Tripod site you are trying to reach has been temporarily suspended due to excessive bandwidth consumption.

The site will be available again in approximately 1 hour!

And those pop ups! arg!

Exclamation Let us help our guards!

Lets face it how many time do you see players taking on the guards and are able to do nothing about it .. loads and it is getting more common. Allow us to help guards that are under attack and this will sort the problem out.

Apart from once (when I pulled LiveMetal @ Bot mount OP onto guard killers) we are powerless to help.
    These guys risk all to pretect us and all we can do is stand by a watch them die
    Last edited by Promoo; Mar 20th, 2002 at 17:14:28.

I am not pointing fingers, I don't know the people on this most wanted list and I am in no position to pass judgement.
    However I would say that is a difference between someone who chooses to roleplay a villain and a player who, perhaps
    having grown a little jaded, is just messing about. The former kind of player I am sure would agree to some sort of ground rules; for instance they might agree should they get caught in the act, they will accept a self-imposed one month exile from Omni-Ent.

The later is much more difficult to deal with and I am not sure pointing the spotlight on them is such a good idea. For one thing it does set a bad precedent. It is also not good for roleplaying. It is bad enough to see crimes going unpunished because the limitations of the game world, do we really need to be reminded about it? One of the greatest tools roleplayers have at their disposal is the ability to ignore things which don't make sense in game. Whether its a server crash or some guy talking about his level 50 druid in EQ, the only possible to remain in character is to gloss over these things. So in a way the less we mention these "aberrations" the better.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

snarf belongs on the top of that list.
    Frelo - Level 29 Fixer (and loving every minute of it)

Anahata - Level 110 Solitus Trader
    Khephra - Level 6 Solitus Engineer
    Zaum - Level 8 Nanomage MP
    Merkaba715 - Level 50 Nanomage NT (Sleeping till NT's are fixed)
    Dimholt - Level 10 Atrox Enforcer
    Omni
    Rubi-Ka 1

'The only ones that see the end of war are the dead' - Plato

mmmm....... dopnt think that snarf should be there, as he is not wanted at all j/k

Anyway... eya he should be up there, between Redruum and that other dude, as i think Portman is in jail right?

Exclamation I like it !

It is irritating watching the Omni scum (and even worse those who claim to be Clanners) killing Clan guards, so some kind of /assist (even if it is just to heal) would be nice.

About the criminal list. Anyone killing guards from their own faction should be KOS by their own guards. There should be a timer associated with it, since bugs do creep in (like the one where a Bureaucrat charms a monster, then when they return to town they are attacked by their own guards).

Ironheel, you have a point about being killed over and over again at reclaim. It would be a good idea to implement a timer to prevent people from getting res killed anyway.

Give them enough time to get out of Dodge (get their items from reclaim, etc...). During that time you can't attack or be attacked. It would also help in being able to take over Outposts. You logout in Clan territory, but the Omni scum have through some fluke captured that Outpost. You could be killed once, then have time to bail before you could be killed again. Maybe all res effects would have to wear off?

Of course, you would return with a large group to purge the Outpost of the Omni oppressors

Aside from that, people shouldn't be attacking their own guards anyway

Skara
    Last edited by Skara; Mar 21st, 2002 at 00:27:46.

Excellent idea Skara! I'd thought of the same problem with when they make it possible to take outposts. Because it would REALLY suck to be a clanner saved at what is now an Omni outpost, or vice versa for that matter.

And to Savoy I'd just like to say that generally the less things one has to "gloss over" to stay IC in a game the better. What it reaches the point that it seems all you're doing in a game is glossing over the OOC crap that's when RPers start to bail. And we already have few enough of those as is.

I'd truely like a game where I could react IC to damn near anything that happens in the game, yeah I'll always have to ignore the guys talking about random OOC crap but I'd like to be able to take IC actions to things actually happening in the game world around me.
    Oren "Ironheel" Fadri
    Clan Enforcer

Arrow Good idea, but......

Good idea Kirrana. No offense, but arent you in the media? I dont think reporters should give out a most wanted list. The people you put on your list can be made from biased conclusions. I can be someone with a vendetta or a grudge, and simply tell Kirrara that "so and so killed this omni guard, you need to put him on the list".

Looking at her list, I can see that was the case too. What if someone doesnt want to be known as "the bad guy", but got in a fight with another omni. That omni will try to ruin his name by using the media. You may think thats rare...but I have seen it happen dozens of times. Do you know how many Omni guards get killed by a fellow Omni every day? I have a ton of screen shots of random Omnis Ive never heard of killing them. You would have to create like a top 500 list to accomodate everyone. That list would be based off of a lot of rumors, vengeance, and anger.

I would rather see FC come out with a list. But then again people might be on the list - that dont want to be. What if I let my little brother play my character for a half hour, and he recklessly takes out a few guards in Omni Entertainment? There goes my characters reputation.

You are right Kirrana....FC needs to come out with some kind of consequence. However, if the media wants to make a list....they better approach it with the "innocent until proven guilty" attitude. There are some people on that current list that I question as being an Omni criminal, and I will continue to question until I see hard physical proof.

Better yet, Philip Ross hasnt condemned the majority of those people on your list....so most of them are not wanted in my books. A few people need to remember that Ross runs the company - not the people who accuse others of crimes and ruin others reputation.

*This is constructive criticism, so please dont flame too hard =)

a) Great list.. i only miss Azazzel on there
    b) Philip Ross does not run Omni-Tek. He is merely responsible for the OT operations on Rubi-Ka. He is our CEO and thus has the last word in major things. If he would run everything alone, we would never get anything done, nor would he ever have a break from his job.
    There are others who decide some political things, next to him and as long as he doesnt disagree, those who have political influence, do what they think is best for Omni-Tek as a whole.
    c) Did i mention, that FC really needs to act and put some meaning into the roleplay? I cant stand it that people like many TBA members who openly kill Omni-Pol guards or officers are still Omni employees...
    I just dont get it. With the major story characters being next to never present and having little to no role in the game, those who do roleplay are left alone to do what they deem best for their side. In the end this might not be what FC has planned or what the "boss" of the side those people belong to wants.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    Putting everyone's comments together, how about we...

Have a list but:

1. Everyone on the list has been contacted before hand to make sure they're okay with it. That should stop any defamatory abuses that ralliral pointed out.

2. Beside each entry, there is a RP meter. Voted by other players perhaps, that gauges whether the person is there because they play an evil character, or just there because they are. The people asked in #1 are put on before this meter is up, but they should already know by their own conduct what the reading will be.

That should hopefully keep people from clamouring to be on the list without any decent effort on their part to RP. You'll still get the odd village idiot that thinks it's cool to be on any top-ten most wanted list, but in those cases, we can all just sit back and laugh at him.

Granted, it'll be best if there was some in-game punishment, but until then, we just have to police ourselves.

Just my two credits.

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

we need 2 top ten lists for 2 different dimensions

Re: Good idea, but......

Originally posted by ralliral
    Good idea Kirrana. No offense, but arent you in the media? I dont think reporters should give out a most wanted list. The people you put on your list can be made from biased conclusions. I can be someone with a vendetta or a grudge, and simply tell Kirrara that "so and so killed this omni guard, you need to put him on the list".
    Heh, the media does that sort of thing all the time. Remember the guy who was supposed to be the Atlanta Olympics bomber?

Looking at her list, I can see that was the case too. What if someone doesnt want to be known as "the bad guy", but got in a fight with another omni. That omni will try to ruin his name by using the media. You may think thats rare...but I have seen it happen dozens of times. Do you know how many Omni guards get killed by a fellow Omni every day? I have a ton of screen shots of random Omnis Ive never heard of killing them. You would have to create like a top 500 list to accomodate everyone. That list would be based off of a lot of rumors, vengeance, and anger.
    I don't think there is any danger of that happening. All of the people on that list are repeat and egregious offenders. I don't think you'll find too many people except for the accused and their followers who will dispute that list. If people started showing up on a list just because of a personal dispute with one other person, no one would take the list seriously.

I would rather see FC come out with a list.
    Never happen.

But then again people might be on the list - that dont want to be. What if I let my little brother play my character for a half hour, and he recklessly takes out a few guards in Omni Entertainment? There goes my characters reputation.
    Don't let your little brother play your character. Seriously.

Better yet, Philip Ross hasnt condemned the majority of those people on your list....so most of them are not wanted in my books. A few people need to remember that Ross runs the company - not the people who accuse others of crimes and ruin others reputation.
    But Philip Ross doesn't decide on every little decision that needs made. That's why he has legions of underlings (us). Heads of state don't file charges against suspected criminals and sign arrest warrants (usually); neither should our CEO.
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

Hi

Well thanks for all the support and there are some great ideas there.

Yes I am in the media as a reporter but I dont see what that has to do with me creating the list.

The people I have put on are not just personal grudges or one time guard killers. These players are very much in the bad boy role. I have seen with my own eyes there actions, I have screen shoots to prove it.

But more than that I asked them as a reporter if they committed the acts which they all said they did. 3 of the members even belong to a guild Sinister Anarchist whom claim to be a criminal org.

I have a long history of the crimes these people have committed and most of the stories can be found on my site. However if you believe that someone is entered incorrectly on my list then let me know.

I will also remove people whom do not wish to be on the list, most will have been surprized to see no Azazzel. The reason for this is me told me he and TBA no longer wish to be in the storyline. So at his request I left him out.

I do take the point of view that this may lead to people trying to out do each other just to be on the list. But if people think that all it takes is wiping out a bunch of guards they are wrong.

Its more about the role they play, I like the idea about voting for the RPing as a bad boy. But sadly I can just see the big guilds voting there members to the top. For the moment I will just use my judgement until I think of a better system. But I do take peoples view into mind but the judgement tends to be on there action.

But the key to the system has to be the punishment, the list is rather worthless if they are just allowed to get away with the crimes. If your going to play the bad boys then you must be willing to do the time as well.

At the moment the GM's playing Omni-Pol have had a number of battles with these criminals, but the Omni-Pol seem to have no real power. Most of the time the criminals end up winning, making Omni-Pol look rather weak and does not show Omni-Tek as the hardline company I thought it was.

Its hard to believe the vision of Omni-Tek and Ross that we have seen in the videos when day to day in the streets these criminals are seeming just allowed to run free and make a mockery of Omni-Pol.

We all need to think about the role we play in AO, but this has to be true of the events teams to. Would Omni-Tek really allow continued attacks on its officers ?. I think not perhaps

*smirk* you'll never get me!
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

re

Originally posted by Snarf
    *smirk* you'll never get me!

Oh?

Your 165ish?

I'm catching up to you Snarf!!! ... I'll personally send you to the reclaim booth!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast