Thread: The Final Insult

The Final Insult

I am a level 72 NT, I have always played Mage like characters in other games, it fits my 'style' of play.
    I have nano armor as high as i can wear, I am Mat crea implanted as high as Treatment will bear, I am max nano/nano pool/max health implanted as high as treatment will bear, I have a decent token bar
    I also use Enfraams Major prot, and the 102 humid extractor
    When I started AO in juli, the NT was described in the manual as the master of Direct damage, and potentially on of the most powerfull characters at higher levels when played right...

Now back to reality..yesterday I'm doing solo missions, I choose about medium difficulty, which yields me a fair amount of 'grey' missions, with no token as result, but thats not even the MAIN issue here,
    when I do finaly get a mission with green mixed with some yellow, I run into mr hardened highwayman... (and lets not even Bring up the Torpedo's)

Now mr highwayman is GREEN to me, yet he hits me HARD, so I root him, draw away, and try to nuke...
    - Although I invested in Evade Close combat as much as Ip would allow (dark blue!) Im getting hit hard and critted so much that i cant stand toe to toe for more than 15 sec
    - My 1:30 min root, which I can just squize in now, breaks after one or two DD spell hits...it used to only break that easely if the rootee is hit by gunfire (after which i decided 'suck up' the wasted IP and do away with the gun)
    - When I do actually survive long enough to do extended damage, my Nano pool runs out before I can get Mr highwayman lower than 1/3 of health left, that thing seems to have over 5000"

So in short, I can live with melee monsters doing high damage, but I cannot live with 1:30 roots breaking in 6 seconds and my implanted, humidified, and 'tokened' nanopool not being able to put out enough damage to 'empty' his healthpool
    I hope all agree with me that repetitive zoning is not a viable mission tactic for doing 50% mission with GREEN mobs....

* So, No solo missions anymore for NT

* Group Hunting you say? Facts : Groups are not overly exited about NT, Why?:

- NT are not the king of damage, the 'artilery'...we should have been, A good weaponwielder with a high QL gun outdamages me easy
    - NT used to be good for 'MOB' control..., however, our range has been taken away, and roots just don't do the job anymore (read above)
    - Since 13, When the DOC is casting Group heal, I CANT CAST MY SPELLS, add a bit of lag to that, and you get useless fast!!!
    - since 13, When I'm Casting my spells, THE DOC CAN'T GROUP HEAL, this gets people killed

* Well of to PVP then... NOT

- With 50% rule in, my Implanted, humidified, 'tokened' mana pool doesnt last me anymore to kill most non healing chars, lets not even discuss the healers...
    So Im now mathematical unable to kill these players, even if they chose not to fight back.
    - Roots break easely, try keeping an MA away from you now....
    - My range was capped, you can only start casting the root once target is in range, by the time cast is done, your already taking heavy melee damage,
    - and guess what, I have very low Health, I have INT/PSY armor, which cant be buffed, I cant wear tank, IM WEAK...an NT is supposed to be weak..BUT THAT WEAKNESS SHOULD BE COMPENSATED FOR BY THE ABILITY TO KEEP DAMAGE AWAY IF GOOD TACTIC IS USED : GOOD ROOTS, RANGE AND HIGH DAMAGE
    This was so in July, and although we were not Uber, our compensations have been taken away one by one...

So...we are now 13.1, and my Class has become totaly unplayable, each patch has made it progresively worse...

If you (FUNCOM) are not going to handle these issues...and I mean ALSO THE PVP ONES, I would very much like to know, I like 'the potential' of this game very much, but most contructive critisism that people on these boards try to put out seems to fall on deafmans ears
    I know I'm only one of 35000, but I took my time to provide feedback, I would like to know if these things will be dealth with, or if the intention is there to deal with them
    Because frankly, I would like to draw my conclusions either way...

Regards

Temporis

aonyenna@hotmail.com

D-O-N-T S-P-A-M
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

Talking spaming... moi,

If you mean by spamming...that this message apeared on 3 topics at once....

Well guilty... i wouldn't normaly....but after a while posting here it isnt exactly clear anymore to me where one has to post something here that has actaully the chance over EVER being seen by a Funcom employe (let alone reacted to), I decided to 'spread te love around a bit

Me are bad

I can only agree with your sentiments. As a Level 31 Fixer I'm running in to the same problems. But my biggest problem is I have been in the game for maybe four months and in that time I have created / played / deleted quite a few characters as I looked for the better ones. So far my MA is the only one that seems to be somewhat consistent and then only when teamed with my son, an Agent. He pulls them out of a crowd when he can and then I spin `em around a bit. <chuckle>

My Fixer takes maybe three missions before finding one he can survive. And then it's a question of "Do I really want to?" after the first few grays. Credits are no problem, experience points are what is needed to level and it's getting to be a real chore to level.

I love the game, and it appears you do too. I guess the question we both have is just what is the level of our patience.

I'd hate to have to go back to Diablo II. <ROFL>

Taken directly from:

http://community.anarchy-online.com/...at/guidelines/

Social guidlines for the forums.

Spamming will be deleted from the board, and could result in banning from the message board. Examples of spamming is posting the same information repeatedly and posting commercial offerings. Repeated offences will lead to a ban from the message board.

Yes, this is spam.
    Whiney spam.

Talking Miir...

If you really insist on making this personal, I have only one thign to say to you...get a life )

greets

Temp