The bright gold and blue vehicle lay dormant on its landing pad. The instruments are now silent; the engine is no longer giving a silent hum. It lay pointing towards the setting suns, giving it a shine that would blind anyone. Its pilot was not too far. She stood far above the vehicle in the grand building known only as the Omni-Mine Headquarters. On the top floor she stood, in an office that few visit.

Director Cristin Moscardelli stood staring out of her office window. She overlooked all of Clon**** with one view. She watched the sun set as she does every day. But she noticed something new today, something that many would overlook. As the Notum Cannons launched another shipment, down below in the field near the cannons, Cristin saw a tree break and fall due to the immense shaking of the cannons. She turned her head slightly to the right watching the debris of the tree now sit silently in the grass.

“Cristin, what the hell is wrong with you?! Your security personnel were going frantic trying to find you for thirty minuets. I even had Omni-AF and Omni-Pol on alert.” yelled a man in a worried tone from the transmission screen on Cristin’s desk.

“As I said before, I am perfectly fine on my own. My shields are impenetrable and if I must I can vanish from even the most skillful agent.” Cristin replied, not moving at all.

“Of all the things I need to worry about, your communications channel going silent in your transport was not one of them. Could you have at least said you were going to go on a nature walk?”

“Some things happen with out warning, my friend”

The man paused for a second, “Yes…yes warnings are rare here. But if anything happens to you, you kn….”

“IF anything happens to you to right…” snapped another man who appeared on a different screen.

Cristin moved her head back slightly to the left, “Well always a pleasure to speak with you.”

“Enough of these games Director, you know what do to. My tolerance is growing thin and I…”

“Why is it every time I talk to you, your “tolerance” grows thing? You said the same six months ago, or was it a year?”

The man’s face turned cold and grim and started in a very rude tone, “Do you dare to question me? You are following MY orders and you WILL follow them with out question. Is that clear Ms. Moscardelli?”

“I always question, no matter whom.”
The other man was staying silent, trying to keep out of the usual conversation she and he had.

“Questions are dangerous Cristin. You may ask the wrong one someday.”

Cristin turned towards the screen, the suns now almost gone. “And what? What would you do? You can’t touch me. I provide the notum. I go in front of these lunatics that call themselves inhabitance. What do you do…nothing.”

He held his great anger in, and nodded slowly. But his eyes were fierce like fire. “All I want is to make sure your orders are taken out. If something happens to you, I will do it MY way.”

“I will do whatever it takes to make sure you don’t do it your way. Your orders will be met, just some bumps in the road as the saying goes.” Cristin replied as she sat down in her chair.

“Bumps? The incident in Borealis Complex? That is nothing, why do you overreact on such little things? You know what to do; you know who to blame it on…now DO it. I expect you will get over your questions and agree. But enough of this senseless talk, I have more important things to do…Good day Director.

The screen became black. The other silent man finally spoke, “Well I am sorry about all this. But I know you will do the right thing. I will leave you to your work, good night Cristin.” Then the screen went blank.

The office was now much darker. Shadows covered the black floor, making an illusion of an endless pit. She turned around in her chair to look out the window again. The tree’s pieces still there, dormant and silent in the tall grass, now being slowly covered by the shadows of night. “It is destroying our home, our lands” echoed in her mind. After a few moments she looked away softly saying, “Dam Ramiyana and his crazy sayings”

She moved in her chair and began typing, the title “Omni-Mining’s Official Explanation of Presence in Borealis”