Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ash token exploit

The only exploit I'm aware of with Ash was that (from other forums) you could keep asking him for compensation and he would keep giving you more tokens. Just what I heard.

Sarelron

Originally posted by Canidy

Needlz grouped her way there
    Where can I find a group that will get me from 193 to 199 in 1 week (250 mil +++ xp)?

Originally posted by Canidy

Needlz grouped her way there,
    No, she didnt, she has said other wise herself. These quotes has been taken from her own thread: Here is where she says what she did.

I will list up a few quotes where we specifically ask Needlz how she did it.

Originally posted by Needlz
    may i tell you my exact gain of levels from 1 to 200.
    1-70 Hard work killing ****
    70-180 'easy work' running missions (thanks to FC as they nerfed the outdoor spawns big time when i was 70, and there was no other good method to get xp then to run fuxing missions)
    180-193 Hard work killing **** (BS and PM (mostly cos of the n00bs clogging up BS) missions).
    194-200 'easy work' using a certain type of missions.
    Notice the 'easy work' using a certain type of missions.

My response to this was: "Please explain about how this certain missions worked out, and why you did get so much xp from them. "

She then says:

Originally posted by Needlz
    I think everyone knows how that worked Garzu, why don't you ask one of the many clanners that did it (if you don't, which i think is very unlikely) =P
    The way it worked out was an exploit.
    NT phone HOME!!

Originally posted by Erinsuin
    Yeah , forgot about that :P
    just goes to show the abuse of power and the lack of control , Though some of the poeple have been banned ... who was it ? ladypizza ? still ... FC needs to take a stronger stance on exploiters and not just say they are going to do something about it . Hell give me control ! I will ban Each and every one of them personaly !
    Umm it was a little more then that.... 75% of our guidl was banned, even people who had nothign to do with it got the boot. No warning, no suspention. Just instant-bans while people going from 180-200 in a week got nothing.
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

Originally posted by Drkrawn

Where can I find a group that will get me from 193 to 199 in 1 week (250 mil +++ xp)?
    I didnt say she grouped herself 100% of the time did I? I also didn't say she ran missions 100% of the time. Just she grouped. She states that she grouped some of the way. Running missions, in it's day was the only way to get there.

As for the 3 mission thing, that is basically running too. IMO very dumb that the game sets up something where it is actually faster to run, then to group.

Also For the dude that has in it for needlz, sorry to tell ya but about 80% of the lvl 150+ people were doing the mission running, 3 mission xp thing. I was sneaking items at the time for my twink (guess who couldn't get a group - NO ONE was grouping at the time, all running - and I don't mean my guild either, i rarely group with my guildmates because of timezone diff - i mean NO groups in my lvl range were out there) and I saw tons of people just running, and asking for runbuffs.

Back to the post from before...the topic, some people might have exploited to get to 200, but what your idea of an exploit is and my idea are two different things I guess. Returning missions after running and getting xp dont seem like an exploit considering it was ALWAYS there. I knew about it months before it was popular, found out by mistake, just thought it was the way the game was supposed to be. Since I do missions for tokens or to sneak items, that way sucks for me. I like 2 items, I like to get tokens.

You know what exploiting is? The guys where were reeting **** like lvl200 mobs etc and getting 1/10th their xp with each kill. I know a few people who gained like that. That ISNT the way it was intended, and it was obvious, they fixed it halfway (with FC everything is halfway haha) and people still did it, albit agents/adventurers

You guys still dont get it.

FUNCOM CANT AFFORD TO LOSE ANYONE!

No one will ever be banned. If exploiting levels doesnt get you banned and reset what makes you think that tokens will?

Originally posted by NikkiDial
    You guys still dont get it.

No one will ever be banned. If exploiting levels doesnt get you banned and reset what makes you think that tokens will?
    I used to think that, but since they are going ahead with OE changes despite the fact that it is going to cost them a good number of people, I'm not so sure anymore. I think they are just too soft, too busy, and have so many incredibly huge holes in the game that they don't think they can ever plug them all.

Scorus

FC took all the people that shoulda been banned, counted up the total, and banned that many from The Syndicate to make up for it. Since we weren't an uber guild and didn't have any GM/ARK buddies we got wiped out while other guilds weren't touched. I hope you guys appreciate the sacrifice we made. ;-o

Question Another question

-> Nikki/Scorus
    Might be, might not. I am not sure any longer about this topic. Thought so a couple of weeks ago, but since then I recognized a change in politics (on this board - personal impression). Official posts became (more than) sparse, once built decisions are not withdrawn any longer (PvP loot, Stuns, OE changes). Either FC became more resistant to 'I will leave'-cries or they, well actually I don't know what they want to do (astonished shrugging).

My original point:
    - To ban a (serious) cheater costs one account (not player). I assume, real hard core players have multiple accounts or would get another one, if account #1 is closed.
    - BUT, a decent arsehole* can cost you several accounts. Power lamers are able to kill the fun of a number of people (camping, PvP, inflation, etc.)

* I do not mean people that power play for fun (including twinking, OE, PvP), I do mean people that use exploits and loop holes and use their unfair gained advantages to dominate others.

Personl opinion.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

This should clear a little up about exploits/bugs.

Defined in the websters dictionary(yes i have one just never use it )

Bug: ok this one's a gimme

The trickey one is EXPLOIT:2) IS TO MAKE UNETHICAL USE OF FOR ONE'S OWN PROFIT.

So using a bug is not bad ,reusing a bug for your own personal gain is considered exploiting.

chrish
    Doent matter what definition you use. The fact still remains that Funcom doesnt ban anyone.

I changed my sig, to more fit into FC's mind how they should work to get more customers.....
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by CHiK
    well they did bann those 22 Blacksnow accounts, but that was only after they were caught doing the biggest baddest worse exploits you can imagine.

I don't like how they deal with things, I ALMOST got banned for stacking the treatment machine (how is it exploiting if it worked this way for 6 months after release) anyways, they gave me a REALLY hard time over the treatment machine when there are peopledoing things 100x worse and more detrimental to the game.

p.s. this was the thread where retard boy cloudeh used the machine with some of my freinds, then reported us using in 2 minutes later...
    Whats your problem, i never was doing it with them, i hav the proff you dont, ****ing *****, die now please, you really should just DIE.

I havent had any sleep, and im cranky, die.

Originally posted by Cosmik
    Firstly, onto the original topic, those that used the Ash Anderson exploit are being dealt with accordingly. I'm not going to go into what actions we do take because that is a matter between us and each of the players, but plain and simple, we don't tolerate exploiting.
    Well, after 2 weeks we see what actions FC took, none.

Everyone still has their token board, not one warning, no bannings, no suspensions, zip.

A clear message, I will start exploiting now too as hard as I can, thanks for this very clear message FC, I understand completely now.
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

Originally posted by ImaGideon

Well, after 2 weeks we see what actions FC took, none.

Everyone still has their token board, not one warning, no bannings, no suspensions, zip.

A clear message, I will start exploiting now too as hard as I can, thanks for this very clear message FC, I understand completely now.
    One of the things that does amaze me about FC and their handling of the exploit situations is how little we ever hear about it....

Websites devoted to Everquest seemed to explode on a regular basis with claims of "I was banned unfairly!". Reports of whole uber-guilds falling overnight, followed by arguements between the guild leader and top Verant brass littered webpages. UO had their fair share of 'ban scandals' as well. But AO has been remarkably quiet on that front.

People like you and Nikkidial would have everyone believe nobody ever gets banned. That Funcom is in such dire straits that they can't afford to lose anyone. Yet there's evidence to the opposite, both on their stability and banning. BSI was howling foul play when their accounts got banned. Someone posted earlier in this thread that a good number of their guildies got banned. I'm pretty sure that moving everyone over from RK2 to RK1 and shutting it down would save a few pennies. Closing these boards, which prolly hog a fair amount of bandwidth and resources, would save a few more. They're promoting AO all over, which costs more money.

Honestly, what I think goes on is that whoever does review the exploit reports and logs is being a bit too meticulous in their investigating. Catching someone in the act provides all the proof needed for a ban. You see them doing it and you ban them. Reviewing transaction and advancement logs is an entirely different story (speaking from past MU* experience here, the advancement/transaction logs on a 100 player mud required daily cleaning). And they might be a little cautious in their reviewing.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Kuroshio

Give me a 1k board and level 200 and Ill take a month off.

How is that garbling the reality of what Funcom does to exploiters?

I would sure like more precise definitions of exploiting. Using a treatment machine that is designed to give 100 treatment and getting 400 treatment becuase of a bug you can trigger is definately exploiting. Overequiping and token farming (of certain types) have never seemed like exploiting to me as they aren't taking advantage of bugs but rather the gameplay and rules that FC has made. If the rules are laid out in such a fashion that overequiping and token farming are possible without involving bugs, it seems a whole lot more like strong gaming by the players and I would hesitate to call it exploiting. Before everyone whines about people exploiting, I would sure like to know exactly what they are doing (there are about 5 wholly different accounts on this thread) before I went ahead and branded everyone an exploiter. Likewise, without knowing exactly what punishments were given for what the activity is, it seems strange to indict FC as having bad policy.

Without more info, we're just guessing.

Munchausen RK-2 Engie

Originally posted by Munchausen
    I would sure like more precise definitions of exploiting. Using a treatment machine that is designed to give 100 treatment and getting 400 treatment becuase of a bug you can trigger is definately exploiting. Overequiping and token farming (of certain types) have never seemed like exploiting to me as they aren't taking advantage of bugs but rather the gameplay and rules that FC has made. If the rules are laid out in such a fashion that overequiping and token farming are possible without involving bugs, it seems a whole lot more like strong gaming by the players and I would hesitate to call it exploiting. Before everyone whines about people exploiting, I would sure like to know exactly what they are doing (there are about 5 wholly different accounts on this thread) before I went ahead and branded everyone an exploiter. Likewise, without knowing exactly what punishments were given for what the activity is, it seems strange to indict FC as having bad policy.

Without more info, we're just guessing.

Munchausen RK-2 Engie
    You think that getting from 60 token board to the 1k board in 1 day is "strong gaming by the player"?

It was even a player that also is an ARK that did this...
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

That's some mighty strong gaming

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

You think that getting from 60 token board to the 1k board in 1 day is "strong gaming by the player"?

It was even a player that also is an ARK that did this...
    Depends on what he did. If the player didn't break the rules in the game then your problem isn't with the player exploiting but with Funcom allowing players to get tokens in that manner. Only if rules or bugs are being broken, should you call it exploiting. It's very dangerous to start branding anything that people do as being exploiting before you know what they did. Obviously if someone can go from a 60 token board to a 1k board in a day, FC should change how the person did that. However, if the WAY the person did it was perfectly within the rules (i.e. no bugs) then FC shouldn't do anything to the player and it shouldn't be called exploiting.

Munchausen Rk-2 Engie

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast