Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ash token exploit

Firstly, onto the original topic, those that used the Ash Anderson exploit are being dealt with accordingly. I'm not going to go into what actions we do take because that is a matter between us and each of the players, but plain and simple, we don't tolerate exploiting.

Onto the second topic that arose here, and my admiration for ARK aside, if you ever feel that an ARK has used their responsibility to gain an unfair advantage then let us (Funcom) know directly. Email me at bene@funcom.com. My inbox is always open. I think we'd all prefer that alot more than just accusations on these boards. And yes, you can trust ARKs with your petitions. I've never met a more responsible volunteer program. But if you feel you want to side-step petitions, there is also the exploits@anarchy-online.com email address to use.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

"we don't tolerate exploiting."

Hmm... well I still see the same people I saw using the tutoring exploit running around. What I think most people would like is for ya'll to go apesh*t on the exploiters, ban em and delete their exploited accounts for good. Then laugh in their faces and mock them on the boards.

...or at least that's what _I_ want you all to do to exploiters, a 2 week, or month long ban is piddly.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Post Trustworthiness

Hi Coz, nice to see you around. A bit of dull silence out here on the boards lately, isn't it?

[Personal view]

Funcom did spoil all (most of) their reputation they once built up and now are (actively) working on restauration. This is rather hard with a product that is just 'reaching' release state and still lacks major parts of its longevity.
    Especially the approach to deal with their customer basis has changed significantly several times (2+) during the time I play the game (release). Without any doubt, they increased the ingame support dramatically (own experience), but nevertheless most of the decisions influencing the general game mechanisms to often remain unclear (polite enough?). I detect a high degree of inexperience and lack of professionality in some of the things I watch (favorism, shortsightedness, and ignorance - examples on request).

I hope, this game will survive and make it through the scheduled time frame, but I would not bet on it - ok, I never bet.

So, until there are definite proofs (character numbers, used exploit, consecutive penalty) nobody will ever believe that exploiters are punished in a 'appropriate' manner.

[End of personal view]

So, Cosmik, we have been a this point much to often right now, 'telling' is no good for Funcom any more. We want to see proofs. You know, beeing good/correct is nice, but you have to sell the stuff.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

Angry

Hi

*bump*

so pi$$ed off with the campers and exploiters it makes me puke.

Q: WTF isn't something done? NOW?

ANS: Satan will go to work on a snowplough before Funcon does anything like voluntarily give up any income due to the player doing something minor like screwing the game up for everyone.

RANT RANT blah blah blah

What really makes me happy is crashing faster and faster after every emergency server patch, i dont even bother teaming because of it. Why bother i am only gonna stay logged in for 4 minutes anyway. This is still happening to me every rooting tooting day.

Thats assuming my nano formulas didnt rearrange themselves again - all my macros and quickbar shortcuts vanish and my backpacks and bank rearrange their contents and i can be ar$ed to log in again.

hmm i can't actually think of anything nice to say.
    apologies for my rant, i think i have bottled it up for far too long.
    Oh and yes the high end game is pointless, i go sightseeing to non PVP areas as i will be smacked in the face with a wet kipper before anyone is looting my body.
    Yawn Yawn - new game please

Don't want to be forced into despising a game which could have been a contender but everything I ever read on these boards in all the months i been playing is negative.
    It's like being brainwashed by war propoganda.

Firstly, onto the original topic, those that used the Ash Anderson exploit are being dealt with accordingly.
    Here Cosmik say that it's an exploit, they know alot of people that used it, now we can only wait and see if FC care about people exploiting or if they actually punish the exploiters this time.

btw, thanks for replying in a thread like this Cosmik.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Well lets see , i will examine Azz's post and comment on everything : Ash exploit ... yup .. was an exploit . Supposedly fixed in this patch but it wasnt . If you still have the box's in the bank you can still turn them in to Fizz . Nice way to fix an exploit , take out ash but leave Fizz .
    Arks abuseing their power ? Yup , there are a few that do . I know them and i know them well . Is anything being done about it ? nope , they are still ingame and still in Ark . Makes me sick to my stomach . But the exploit was known before it was reported and these people didnt get the info while in ark , they got it from their guild mates .
    Now im not picture perfect , i have a warning on my account for a supposed exploit i did when it was only an argument i had with Genevra about the "said " exploit . So who am i to cast stones ? Whether they get something done about this or not then thats FC's business . I will keep trudgeing along trying to earn my tokens and exp .

So the question is : what is FC going to do about this ? we all have our eye on the matter and i know im certianly watching the people that did it to see if they get banned . If they dont then the next big exploit to come alone im gonna use !

Erinsuin

Dont forget about the leveling exploit a month ago. None of them where banned. Yet you expect them to do anything about people exploiting anything as trivial as tokens compared to level cheats? Not going to happen everyone gets away with everything.

Give me level 200 and a 1k board and ill take a month off thank you very much.

Yeah , forgot about that :P
    just goes to show the abuse of power and the lack of control , Though some of the poeple have been banned ... who was it ? ladypizza ? still ... FC needs to take a stronger stance on exploiters and not just say they are going to do something about it . Hell give me control ! I will ban Each and every one of them personaly !

Question How about this

I envision something more painful - delete the appropriate characters, without warning (for the serious exploits only, of course). I think, the only thing that will hurt people is if their 'hard' work was useless. Everything else is meaningless: Banning for some time - and?.

1) One warning.
    2) Deletion of the character.
    3) Deletion of the account.

Maybe to hard, maybe not.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

Re: How about this

Originally posted by Maximilian
    I envision something more painful - delete the appropriate characters, without warning (for the serious exploits only, of course). I think, the only thing that will hurt people is if their 'hard' work was useless. Everything else is meaningless: Banning for some time - and?.

1) One warning.
    2) Deletion of the character.
    3) Deletion of the account.

Maybe to hard, maybe not.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    IMO you can't be to hard when someone do a serious exploit.

For a minor thing a warning is enought, but if people do something really bad I think they should ban the account right away.

For this token exploit they should either ban the account or suspend the account and remove ALL tokens.

Only my opinion ofcourse, it's FC's work, they SHOULD handle it.
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

well they did bann those 22 Blacksnow accounts, but that was only after they were caught doing the biggest baddest worse exploits you can imagine.

I don't like how they deal with things, I ALMOST got banned for stacking the treatment machine (how is it exploiting if it worked this way for 6 months after release) anyways, they gave me a REALLY hard time over the treatment machine when there are peopledoing things 100x worse and more detrimental to the game.

p.s. this was the thread where retard boy cloudeh used the machine with some of my freinds, then reported us using in 2 minutes later...

Set token board to 0 is a fitting punishment, maybe a small suspension too, but permanent banning is nothing I can condone, unless it's because of harassment of other players.
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

Originally posted by NikkiDial
    it wasnt an exploit just poor design. You had to ASK for your token. The problem was you could ask him more than once before he left.
    Ooops, I didn't know hitting the surgical machine three times would do that! Ooops, I didn't know that hitting Q a lot would do this! Ooops, I forgot I had speedhack running in the background!

It's an exploit! Were they honestly stupid enough to think it was supposed to work that way? If not, then they knowingly exploited and deserve to be banned for it. If so, then ban them in the name of Natural Selection!

Scorus

Clicking the treatment lab was a bug not an exploit. They did nothing special. Either way I am not defending anyone.

My point was that Funcom never does anything. Just look at all the new level 200s. Did they get banned and levels tooken away? Heck no nothing happened to them. Even the ones that openly admitted it on IRC infront of everyone.

The fact is cheaters always wins because Funcom cant afford to lose a paying customer over something so little.

Clicking the treatment lab was a bug not an exploit. They did nothing special. Either way I am not defending anyone.
    The ability to click the surgery clinic more than once to raise treatment more than 100 pts was a bug.

Actively using the surgery clinic because you know it can give more than 100 pts of treatment to get as high QL implants in as possible, was exploiting. Remember, an exploit is defined as doing things in the game in ways that weren't intended. This usually means "using bugs" or "design flaws" to your advantage.

However, this is not one I considered severe enough to even be worth reporting who was using it. And it was obvious when people used it. Just look at all the crowds around the surgery clinics of people that were just standing there waiting for the 5 minute timer to expire so they could click again. Funcom made that situation worse by so many attempts to fix it that failed before they finally got it right (hence the 6 months or whatever it took to fix).
    Doctor Valen, Omni Medic
    Keeper Mezathras

If thats your definition of exploit then what about the people skipping the part of getting a mission from dodga before going and collectiong the parts and turning them in :OP

Thats an exploit :O)

The thing is this system had alot of bad gameplay designs. Its like none of them even thought about what COULD happen.

Heck doesnt matter though since Funcom never bans anyone unless there is 100000% proof of SERIOUS exploiting. HEHE unless they catch them in the act.

The truth is everything is so hard it only encourages people to cheat. Those that do get HUGE advantages from those cheats. Make everything easier then more people will be less effected by the cheaters.

My point was that Funcom never does anything. Just look at all the new level 200s. Did they get banned and levels tooken away? Heck no nothing happened to them. Even the ones that openly admitted it on IRC infront of everyone.

The fact is cheaters always wins because Funcom cant afford to lose a paying customer over something so little.
    The NEW level 200s earned it. As a member of Storm you got a lot of balls to complain about lvl 200s/1k boards and exploiting. Storm had the first lvl 200s and they exploited their way to the top. Funny how they did it in about 4-6weeks then quit or ebay'd huh.

Doesn't take long to earn a 1k board. Most people I know have them. IF some people used the ash quest to get them ahead a bit what;s wrong with that. As far as I am concerned going back to ash, then to the NPC to get token, again and again is NOT an exploit. IT takes about 1 hr to do, and you only get 2x ur reg token count + xp +cash. It beats the boring mission going at high lvls. Those that just sat there (there were some) and were rude and wouldn't let honest people complete their quests, they know who they are, and they should get something. I would rather FC just made more mayhems, and let players take care of the situation themselves.

AS for lvl 200s, I have a few in my guild. Malyeen solo'd 75% of her way to 200, Needlz grouped her way there, and Aberic did a combo of both. I know these guys/gals played some serious sessons to make it that far.

lvl 200 takes a ton of work/time and dedication. Those who get there in under 6mths are the ones exploiting.

enuff said.

Originally posted by Lozer
    bacily the way i understand it . people where seting up enginere caricters to warp people back to the dungen to more quickly compleat the mission. (this part i saw becase i was camping a mob for armor in the next room.. getting spamed continusly)

then uppon compleating the mission people where somehow getting mega tokens.... someone told me they usually got between 6-25 tokens when they where spost to only get one.... not shure how they did taht part. but you can see the probelm!
    Originally posted by Archu
    You are suposed to get a double token (single token wortyh twice as much as a mission token). If somebody got more than that every time then it sure was a bug exploit.
    Originally posted by Azzazzimon
    Alot of people also put the packages in the bank so they didn't have to go and give the package right away, they collected all packages they needed first and then returned one at the time.
    ok based on my personal experances and the input you all put in i think i have figured this out. as well as talking to friends ingame.

so people where seting up enginere caricters to more quicky get the "package" or whatever it is..... then puting the "packages" in the bank and using the enginere to warp back.

then people would camp the end of the quest npc and return the packages one at a time. while compleating each quest they would use some bug to get multiple tokens.. each token was worth double the normal amount.

the only think i have not figured out was the bug for compleating the quest. anyone got any info on this?
    Level 132 Nano-Techniction <---- Retired till NT fix
    Level 72. Engineer <---- why is my pet running the wrong way?
    Level 69. Agent <---- Retired sence Concealment Nerf.
    Level 58. Adventure <---- TONS of lost ip.
    Level 41. Meta.<--- Mp's are too uber.
    Level 30. Enforcer <---- press "Q" and watch tv.
    Level 29. Doc <---- Can't..... Find.... Group.....

Quote of the week "When people complain equally about all of the classes, then the game is balanced."

Well.. I know a large Omni guild doing this Ash exploit.

What happened to them, was that they didn't even have to go back to Ash to complete the mission. They still had the package in their inventory AFTER they had given it to the NPC. They opened trade, gave it to the NPC, pressed accept, and the package was back in their inventory. All they had to do was wait for the NPC to spawn again and return the package, get the token and then wait for it to spawn again.

I know and saw a person who had 67 tokens doing it, and he got his 1k board that very same night. This is sick, I have soloed for all my tokens and I still need almost 300 tokens to get the 1k board. Watching people delivering a package for a day and then get the 1k board makes me sad.

Their tokenboard should be reset to 0. I don't care how many they had before, it should be reset.

Storm had the first lvl 200s and they exploited their way to the top.
    FYI the first lvl 200s ran mission for xp when that was the only way to get xp at higher lvl, it was 100% legal so no exploit used.

Some maybe used some other exploit in the beginning, but Kicky and the other lvl 200s that have been that for several month didn't use any xp exploit to get the last lvls like Needlz, Kink, Gunn and afew other did.

Needlz even say it herself that she exploited in this thread , so isn't it kinda stupid to "protect" someone when you don't even know?
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast