Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ash token exploit

Originally posted by Munchausen

Depends on what he did. If the player didn't break the rules in the game then your problem isn't with the player exploiting but with Funcom allowing players to get tokens in that manner. Only if rules or bugs are being broken, should you call it exploiting. It's very dangerous to start branding anything that people do as being exploiting before you know what they did. Obviously if someone can go from a 60 token board to a 1k board in a day, FC should change how the person did that. However, if the WAY the person did it was perfectly within the rules (i.e. no bugs) then FC shouldn't do anything to the player and it shouldn't be called exploiting.

Munchausen Rk-2 Engie
    I know exactly how they did and it's very clear it's an exploit.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Then...

Enlighten us... the whole point of my post was "Don't call unamed activity exploiting". If you know what he did, then let us know (presumably it has been changed). Some of the accounts on this thread aren't exploiting, others were.

Munchausen Rk-2 Engie

Bugs

It seems to me that FC has quite a bit of problems with these Bugs, errors and Exploits that keep on popping up faster then they can count them, Heheh.

I know of a few things that has happened to me and the responses varie from : Sorry that you werent on at the moment when we tried to respond to your problem, But There is very little we can do, Please Send an Email to The Bla bla bla Funcom BugReport email OR This has been fixed now so you can go on with what ever you were doing before ( of course this is what I see as a response when I log on the next time They have Virtually Never gotten back to me when I was online.

I think they have a very small amount of people that actually work at FC and they just cant get around to all the problems, errors, patches and so on that They desperatly need to Do.

It's not like There a big Company like Verant SOE with atleast 3 people working for them Not including the Boss, heheh.

I dont realy blame FC for not getting things done any faster then they can, We all no how there Support Works, Ofcourse none of the Critaria that they setup up to manage has happended, The 1 Server for everyone Idea went down the drain fairly fast.

Also more then Half the Classes/Professions are not ready yet, Alot of Content and Playablility is missing, This is why we have these Profession Discussions right now and have had for some time.

Im still not to bent out of shape over this, What gets me is that these bugs have been around for so long and little had been done about it, But FC still wants to Nerf this and that so We cant Cheat more then Usual...

They have a FUN and somewhat Playable Product and I wish they get all the Wholes Plugged up, But there sooo much That NEeds to be added.

This is not meant to be A rant or anything like that, I just see these Discussions go all over the place and I felt I had to add to it, Making it even Harder fo FC to fix things.

It has been fun so far, Even with all the bugs and problems with it, Its been fun.

I guess I'll do what everyone else Probably will, When the Next best Mmorpg comes out, And that is to move on, I here City of Heros and SWG will be great, Allthough SWG will have alittle bit of Verant in it so who knows what may happen with that...

Keep on trying FC you just might get it right :-)
    Fighting the never ending battle to gain ultimate glory over the house Computer, Opponents he will face : Wife, Cat, Ego, Myself.

Pround owner of:
    77 MA RK1
    61 ADV RK1
    57 ENG RK1
    12 ENF RK1 ( cats plays this one !!!! )

Damn I was banned today.

I guess Ill go play my second account for two weeks, until it gets unbanned.

Originally posted by Kuroshio

One of the things that does amaze me about FC and their handling of the exploit situations is how little we ever hear about it....

Websites devoted to Everquest seemed to explode on a regular basis with claims of "I was banned unfairly!". Reports of whole uber-guilds falling overnight, followed by arguements between the guild leader and top Verant brass littered webpages. UO had their fair share of 'ban scandals' as well. But AO has been remarkably quiet on that front.

People like you and Nikkidial would have everyone believe nobody ever gets banned. That Funcom is in such dire straits that they can't afford to lose anyone. Yet there's evidence to the opposite, both on their stability and banning. BSI was howling foul play when their accounts got banned. Someone posted earlier in this thread that a good number of their guildies got banned. I'm pretty sure that moving everyone over from RK2 to RK1 and shutting it down would save a few pennies. Closing these boards, which prolly hog a fair amount of bandwidth and resources, would save a few more. They're promoting AO all over, which costs more money.

Honestly, what I think goes on is that whoever does review the exploit reports and logs is being a bit too meticulous in their investigating. Catching someone in the act provides all the proof needed for a ban. You see them doing it and you ban them. Reviewing transaction and advancement logs is an entirely different story (speaking from past MU* experience here, the advancement/transaction logs on a 100 player mud required daily cleaning). And they might be a little cautious in their reviewing.
    you really think funcom is hurting for cash? i think they have arounc 60000 active acounts atm. and growing (not shrinking like most plople belave) 60,000 acounts = 60,000+ dollars a month to use on development, server repares, ect.. that's alot. when i created a new carcter on the clan side last i could not beleave the number of ture newbies that where asking advice. i saw atleast 20 new ones show up in the 1 hour i was there. i lisened to atleast 8 converstations on how sweet this game was (newbie statments) ao is still growing and growing fast. many people are coming back to ao also, i ran into atleat 5 old guild mates this week that quit for a few months to go play daoc and are now back. (all with the same reasion "ao sucks but not nearly as bad as the rest")
    Level 132 Nano-Techniction <---- Retired till NT fix
    Level 72. Engineer <---- why is my pet running the wrong way?
    Level 69. Agent <---- Retired sence Concealment Nerf.
    Level 58. Adventure <---- TONS of lost ip.
    Level 41. Meta.<--- Mp's are too uber.
    Level 30. Enforcer <---- press "Q" and watch tv.
    Level 29. Doc <---- Can't..... Find.... Group.....

Quote of the week "When people complain equally about all of the classes, then the game is balanced."

Originally posted by Lozer

(all with the same reasion "ao sucks but not nearly as bad as the rest")
    I hear that alot lately Doac seems to be baaaaad :P
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

Where did we get the "60,000 [paying] subscribers" number from? I would be very surprised to find it was so many, and I want to know how reliable the source is.

DAoC has a real problem with ... *waves his hands around vaguely* ... purpose. Once you make level 50, there's nothing to do. You were SUPPOSED to be able to fight other players, but it's ... pointless, basically. It's a game of capture-the-flag, only you have level up for 2 months before you get to play. Big deal.

I guess if you like killing other people, that's the point. *shrug*

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234