Thread: Battlefield!

Lightbulb Battlefield!

Greetings fellow gamers!

I play a clan Soldier on rk2
    I realy love to PvP, but what i realy miss is a real Battlefield.

This is how my day of PvP look like.

Hey, maybe iīl go kill some Omniīs. Hmmm, where to start looking?, oh i know,gridding in to 2ho, oh well itīs deserted!. Ok then lets go to mmd, cool there is people here .
    grr why are they just standing there by the save terminal?.

/s COME ON YOU COWARDS FIGHT ME, DONT JUST STAND THERE!
    (ok ok itīs not all that bad :P )

Oh well, lets check all thoose othere"places" where i can meet someone from the oposite side, flying of to Mort to check, grid in to Tir to check arena (btw omni ent arena is almost deserted, on rk2 that is). And yes i could even try to do a air mission to DAV, CAV, or EFP and even SFH, to look for omni teams to attack. But realy, this takes huuge amount of time, extremely.

And yes, alot of you will probibaly say "hey this is how PvP works in AO, live with it"

I DO NOT BUY THAT!
    The problem here is not just the lack of areas to fight in, people need to know that "yes i know i can fight in mmd,2ho and all those places but when i am looking for some REAL ACTION i will go to the battlefield". They people need to inhale the aura of war on RK.

how should this be done. Well, for starters, donīt make an area that is like, omni spawns on one side and clan on the other side, and they meet in the middle. What i would like to see is an area with multiple spawn locations after grid, this area should have a good dynamic, like hiding places and everything that could make a war/battle look intresting.

GIVE ME WAR!

LvL 133 Soldier RK2
    member od The Ravens of Odin

add onīs

Just wanted to complement with some more stuff,

The Battlezone.

This area has to draw attention, to get people to actualy go there and look for PvP. What i mean is,

For example.

1. Add in some wery good Leveling spots, actualy making people to concider the risk to go lvl in this area. I know there are Ace camps already and such, but we need more of thoose places, we all know this. Besides i know city of homes like the inside of my pocket.

2. Add in some goodies, like boss mobs.

3. Maybe a dungeon here to. Like a fortress or something.

4. Good loot from mobs, and again facing the the danger upon getting attacked.

As i said b4, we already have DAV, CAV, EFP, PWL, SFH to fight in, bet geting to theese places is far to long a jurney, thus not making it "simple" to actualy confront people. And when an area is this far away, not many people go there for PvP, not hardly ever for hunting as well. I only go to theese places when i have a msision in the area.

Is there anyone at all that feels somewhat like me???

/Thoriak LvL 134 Soldier RK2
    Member of The Ravens of Odin

Watch out what you ask for...

Add in some wery good Leveling spots, actualy making people to concider the risk to go lvl in this area. I know there are Ace camps already and such, but we need more of thoose places, we all know this. Besides i know city of homes like the inside of my pocket
    Hell no !
    That would be the worst thing since UO.
    Fight that mob, win the fight at 10% health and get insta-killed by a griefer.

Battlefields ?
    Great !
    Grief zones ?
    bah !

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hell no !
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure i agree to that, that is not good. What i wanted to point out is that the zone would perhaps need something else in it to encurage people to go there.

For example, why not make som areas with mobs, with a higher probability to drop special loots, like instruction discīs.

But then again, It wouldnīt be a REAL battlezone.
    And i do belive that the PvP areas need som rethinking.

/thor

Dude.... pop a set of Omni NPCs in an area along some trench lines, pop a set of Clan NPCs on the other side... Omni NPC says "Ive had enough of you Clan NPC!" NPCs along the line begin to exchange fire. Area also happens to be a 25% zone so teams of clan and omni can have at it along with the npcs. Scale the level of the NPCs to be apropriate for the level range of players that would be in that area. I first showed up in MMD when i was lvl 15, i had a mission there the only people you can find there now (on RK2) are over 100 bumming around looking for a "fair fight." Idea can be done with buildings, forts, small towns, anything.

Way back in the day when the omni npcs where bugged in GTir at the omni military com station they would fight eachother, it was the coolest thing to walk in there and see the bunch of em in a firefight its that kind of thing that would make pvp exciting, least to me.

Melbringi 85 Clan Fixer RK2

Put Damage Back at 100% and make PVP death downtime 0, that alone makes pvp way more fun. Just think if mmd was a constant brawl of people charging back in form the reclaim eh? 8D

d00d

lol if that were to happen, I'd wait until they all lagged out, grid in and kill all the ones that were ld, then calmly leave.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Smile NPCīs

Hey!

quote:
    Dude.... pop a set of Omni NPCs in an area along some trench lines, pop a set of Clan NPCs on the other side... Omni NPC says "Ive had enough of you Clan NPC!" NPCs along the line begin to exchange fire. Area also happens to be a 25% zone so teams of clan and omni can have at it along with the npcs. Scale the level of the NPCs to be apropriate for the level range of players that would be in that area. I first showed up in MMD when i was lvl 15.

I Realy like that idéa Melbringi.
    It would realy give the players "Tha aura of war".

/thoriak 135 Soldier RK2

GIVE ME WAR!

Re: Watch out what you ask for...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Miriandel
    [B]
    Hell no !

Well. On the orther hand, what do you think it would take to actualy make people go there?

/thor 144 sol rk2

My ideas on "battlefields" and something much needed for pvp.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=19045
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano