Reasons 13.0 Missions Suck!
I was actually looking forward to the 13.0 patch based on the build notes but the reality is very bad, at least from my perspective. I play a 61 NT and had some difficulty soloing even missions but could always complete them if I was persistent. However, the changes in 13.0 seem to have made it impossible, or nearly so, for me to complete the missions now.

1. The hard cap on Nanos means that I cannot root a MOB from farther away than he can shoot. I don't want to tank; I was fine with low hit points and AC as long as I could play my NT with finesse, i.e. root and nuke, blind, etc. Yes, I can root a MOB and run away, but this leads me to problem #2.

2. Either roots are much shorter than they used to be or nukes are now capable of breaking root because I am now getting off only one slow nuke or two fast ones before root breaks and the MOB charges me. Well, I could live with that - I will simply pull the MOB to the entrance and nuke and zone, nuke and zone, etc. Except that instead of standing in the mission foyer, as MOBS were wont to do, the MOB runs back out into the open area and waits on me there. Well, that would be ok if I could move around in the foyer and tab-target the MOB and root and nuke (see above), BUT

3. I cannot seem to tab-target through closed ( Not locked, closed) doors anymore. This means I have to open the door to tab-target the MOB, at which point it rushes me and the entire fiasco begins again. The MOBS tend to wait very near the door from the foyer so that as soon as it opens they can pound me.

4. Even when the door is open it is MUCH harder to tab-target the MOBS than before 13.0.

I have been a very patient fan of AO. I bought the game on the release date and got my reward today (which I like very much since I have no Nano Cloak so far). I have offered compliments and requests for changes in about equal measure until now. However, the changes in this patch have taken the fun out of soloing missions, which is my primary game play style. I will wait and see if the problems are addressed but if they are not then I will probably not renew my subscription when it comes up for renewal.

I posted earlier about my inability to delete missions since this patch. Another player responded with a tongue in cheek comment that it was probably not a bug but was intentional in FC's part to make progressing toward 200 take longer as people would quit once they reached 200. i hope he was wrong. A lot more will quit out of frustration and boredom long before reaching 200 if changes such as the range cap, changed MOB AI, etc. keep taking the fun out of playing.

I play the game to have fun and get rid of frustrations. As of this patch, the game is not fun and is frustrating. Thus my reasons for playing no longer exist. if the Nano range is a problem in PvP then change it in PvP zones ONLY.

Best regards,

Last edited by Vass on November 15th, 2001 at 04:47

Report this post to a moderator |

November 15th, 2001 04:44

Ashuras
Test-Server Participant

I kind of suspect that the "cannot delete missions" *BUG* could be INTENTIONAL, not as a deterrent for reaching level 200.

But for something else.

If u remember, 12.9 introduced changed mission code.. that forces us to go to different areas for missions.

Someone mentioned a way to get around it... by accepting mission and then deleting them.

This will fool the mission generation code.

So now FUncom makes it such that we cannot delete missions. U get the idea ?

All this dumb tinikering with the mission when it is NOT broken... sigh. Don't understand why they are trying so hard to break a working and fun part of the game to make it NOT fun anymore

It is not as if we are exploiting it and gaining unreasonable amount of xps , etc. They just want to make player's lives miserable for no good reason.

November 15th, 2001 05:17

scorus
Test-Server Participant

Even if you get past everything you are talking about, the mission still probably won't work. You can pick up the item or click on the target or put the item in the machine, and nothing happens.

Scorus

November 15th, 2001 05:18

Braedon
Community Member

well
they'll never admit that it's intentional, they would have to know that 50% of their population would quit upon hearing that.

Agreed though, Missions are my and most of my friends gameplay style for money and levels and items. and it's unplayable now. i don't think waiting another 2 weeks for yet another failed patch is going to do it this time. they need to fix this asap.

This should have been taken care of with an emergency patch, but knowing funcom it will indeed be another 2 weeks, with another release of another buggedup patch, fixing one thing and breaking 5 others.

"Due to waning customer interest, we regret to inform you that Funcom will be closing down the Anarchy Online servers permanently on (month/day/year). All customers who prepaid beyond this date will receive a refund. We're truly sorry for this inconvenience."

November 15th, 2001 05:57

hellbinder
Community Member

I am SICK TO MY STOMACH!

This is unacceptable PERIOD!!! No excuses. It is total BS! Not beig able to delete missions is PATHETIC! I am mad enough to spit nails. I get missions all the time then change my mind and get somthjing else. Sometimes its because its in a local i dont want to go. I am already TIRED of having to trek accross the flipping planet just to do a mission. Half the time I die before I get there. I to am an 11th lvl NT and find the changes to this class UNACCEPTABLE. This does not balance, enhance, or make the game better in any way shape or form.

DANG PEOPLE LEAVE THE GAME ALONE!!. Why not fix the real problems like Grid campers etc..

Or here is an IDEA WORK ON THE NON EXSISTANT STORY AND IN GAME EVENTS!!!!

Last edited by hellbinder on November 15th, 2001 at 06:08

November 15th, 2001 06:05

Ashuras
Test-Server Participant

Anyway.. what I've posted are only my deductions from previous Funcom behaviour.

They are purely speculations and are not based on facts.

Let's wait and see if any Funcom reps says anything about this old "BUG" before condemning them further.

But... even if it was truely a bug, it still reflects badly on them... yet another old bug that resurfaced ?

November 15th, 2001 06:10

Lucid Flow
Less Chat More Splat

My NT is nearly unplayable. I can't root Hardened Scoundrels outside of their own range, and they are MELLEE characters! I can't tank Scoundrels... hell I can't tank anything. I have inferior AC and low HP, and your lame ass range nerf has screwed my characher.

Anybody else notice that mobs aggro range in now... like 3 rooms?

November 15th, 2001 06:12