Thread: PvP grace period still broken.

PvP grace period still broken.

A friend of mine (enforcer 153) died just at 2Ho exit.
    And no, he didn't lag.

I also got rooted 300 meters away from the 2Ho terminal.
    A lamer named Liant was camping the spawn point. He saw me and started to hit (supposedly) the root button.
    I flew away, and when nearly over the water at the south, I suddenly got rooted. He wasn't near me, so I guess it's not the fly-deequip-root exploit.
    Of course he wasn't near me... those dudes are only good at camping

So it seems the server stacks the "illegal attacks" and if there's any lag, an attack will eventually kick in.

A bit pissed off since we were doing 200 missions, we went back to take those cheaters down.
    The lag is unbearable there because of those numerous camping freaks, so we had to retreat to a bunker.
    That bunker where all those mighty campers run into when they are at 50% HPs.

We ended up 3 of us in that bunker, after having killed 3 of them... and I killed Angellicnova using the same tactic: furious attack button hits.

PvP is so broken i don't eventually see any future for PvP in this game, just look at how quiet these boards are.

Bah, the sadest part is that cheaters are taking the fun away from themselves.
    If any "fair" fight was possible, groups would go to 2Ho and fight all night long, but as it is now, it's not remotely possible, which cheats, zones and camping.

I could try Quake, for a change...

hehe yeah i play return to castle wolfenstien now for my pvp enjoyment, much more satisfying.

mmorpgs like AO that strive for good pvp should look at what those systems offer and try to mimic it as much as possible, there is a reason that there are over 3000 servers of some form of halflife active at most any given time on gamespy....

1. bring back 100% damage to pvp.

2. make downtime from rez effects after a pvp death exactly 0 seconds.

3. add outposts in zones which have an objective to take over and have guards that pop for the holding side in apropriate level ranges for the area the outpost is located in. also have a scanner located right outside the 25% area surrounding the outpost so people can run right back into a fight.

4. make lines of combat where opposing npcs fight eachother and players have the chance to fight along side them (granted some low end system users may pick up some lag but every game out there performs shody when you dont have the right equipment, i got a new computer for this game 8P)

Currently the system as is now is more befitting of the EQ /duel command than anything else, its unbalanced to hell and the point of it is totally dumb "ooh now im a 'rookie!' oooh, next thing you know after a bunch more kills ill be an apprentice! then ill be so uber." now if thats not lame i dont know what is. when i first saw the intro i wanted a war and what i got is people shouting "you ganked me! that was supposed to be a fair fight! lamer!"

A pvp tittle should be something extra not the reason to pvp.

Melbringi 85 Clan Fixer RK2

Amen!

*hides his Freshman MA*
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

100% dmg in pvp is not the answer.
    Biomed

Antimatter

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you."
    -Nietzsche