Thread: The animated series

Post The animated series

I was just wondering what ever happened to the animated series. Honestly I got into AO a week before the halloween mystery. When all the intrigue was high and things were interesting. Of all things my parents got me into the game (sounds weird from a college student). So yeah the animnated series made a huge impact on my desire to play the game. I was hooked before 2 days were up and couldn't wait for the halloween episode. Then when the next one came out, i was all jazzed.

But, they seemed to have faded away. It has been what now a month and a half with no further developements. I mean there wasn't even an animated series for the declaration of war between omni and clan. Maybe I missed something piece of the storyline, but what happened to the animated series?

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    - Can I have your parents?

Someone has to say it. Anyway, the word was they were holding off on the animated series to gauge how much of an impact they actually contributed to the story. It happened about the same time FC was dealing with financial difficulties so it leads one to assume that it was a financial or resource decision.

As far as I know, they never said that it was gone forever or that it would return... rather nebulous on that whole issue - hence the recent drive for a petition.

My personal opinion is just to show the animated series team that their contribution was sorely missed and hope that one day, FC management decide to grant them the funding to resume their portal into the world of Rubi-Ka.

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

Absolutely!
    The Animated series was a great way into the game, along with the PWH Book it was one of the reasons I still play.
    Gives you a real feeling of being part of something bigger.

Bring it back!

Jerle-

"Not all people you meet are friends, but they all share our world"

Thumbs up Up with the animated series!

I REALLY would love to see new episodes! At least I would really like to see new .pdf continuing the stories that begun in those videos..
    Naima - Sorcerer of Atlantean, at the service of the Clans since 29475

bump
    Eldridge "Thewanderer" Shelling
    Clan Martial-Artist
    3305 Local Diplomat

Talking

The animated series Rocks. I am still waiting for the new episode. When they upload it to the site, im going to be the first to download it.
    -Rami100735

Well, actually I never heard of any declaration of war either. There was a period of Amnesty during which the two sides agreed to allow people to switch loyalties without much difficulty. Of course that went by the wayside.

But, there's no war going on. Everything is still going along with respect to the Tir Accord. Clan has control of Clan territory, Omni has control of Omni territory. Stay in your territory or you can get pseudo-legally killed by the other side.

Maybe someday there will be war. Probably when the factions figure out how to actually keep control of an outpost they manage to secure. For now, it's just a lot of tension and posturing.

Thumbs up more cartoons!

I agree with all those who support the animated series and would like to see more episodes. The series definitely adds to the mystique of the game.

I think the reason they have not come out with a new episode is because, when they do, usually something happens within the game. They may be focussing their attentions on the next patch.
    The Independents:
    Davious - Neutral Doc
    FreeFalcon - Neutral Adventurer

Of the Omni Faction
    Korrkey - Enforcer
    Gizzed - Engineer
    Falkonknight - Soldier

Rock on

The animated siries is awsome!

I think it added a whole new dimention to the game. I love how they use all the same graphics and sound effects - it really bings the game to life!

I think that if there is a way to push the in-game storyline, that the animated siries is.

honestly i think that the storyline sometimes has very little to do with the actual game storyline.

i'd like to see the animated siries as the driving force in the storyline of the game, with more focus on conflicts between omni-tek and clans, and have things in the game connected to things in the siries more...

*on a personal note, wouldent it be sweet to have some of the more prominent organizations and characters in guilds be mentioned in the siries, maybe not have the characters from the guilkds actually IN the storyline, but at least mention the names of the guilds somewhere to add even more depth to the storyline :P like my guild Omni-Inquisition which has played a few roles in the development of the storyline.
    www.fixergrid.com - Luciana's Fixer Guide

Ok, I give up. F1x3Rz R |337!!!!
    Luciana - Level 141 Fixer
    Lohr - Level 50 Enforcer

"<Dai-Galean> Lohr you will get used to SilkeX he is a perminant part of the irc like a bad piece of code hehehe" - From irc.funcom.com #anarchyonline

well how bout we all start sending letters to FunCom that we want animated series ?

or better yet lets roleplay the animated series outside their HQ in Oslo