Thread: Take Three with Omnitron: At the Arena

Take Three with Omnitron: At the Arena

Take Three With Omtron
    Omtron

Tonight I visited loyal Omni-Tek employees at the grand Omni-Entertainment arena. I wanted to get the feeling of what exactly compels these people to such battle and their views on it.

First I met with a gentleman who called himself "General Celes." After a brief and interesting discussion about my floating torch we got right to business.

Omtron: First, what is it that attracts you to Arena competition?
    Celes: The knowing that Clan members are currently here, and knowing that OT will destroy them, and I want to be part of those who take them down.

I should point out that there were some Clan members at the arena, who created some excitement for battle among Omni-Tek employees.

Omtron: So you only come when there are clan members here then?
    Celes: Ninety percent of time. They over run the Arena 80% of the time; it's so sad, they get past the guards and kill them.
    Omtron: You find it improper that they come here then?
    Celes: Yes, I do.

Omtron: What about Omni's going to the Tir Arena?
    Celes: Last time I was in Tir, the guards decimated me.
    Celes: I think Omni's going wherever on Rubi-Ka is acceptable.
    Omtron: I see.
    Celes: For at one time it was our land to begin with, and it will be in the end.
    Omtron: Alright, lets move on to the next question then.
    Omtron: Although I can almost feel the answer.

Omtron: What's your fight style? Do you try and avoid competition, or do you look for a fair fight?
    Celes: *laughing at previous statement*
    Celes: Fighting in the arena is much different then outside the city walls, but when I'm here, and there's a Neutral, I leave them be, unless they start a fight.
    Celes: With Omni's I basically talk, and learn ways to better myself for combat. With Clan, I'll kill 'em if I have the chance.
    Omtron: Alright. Fair enough.
    Omtron: Now, my last question.
    Omtron: If someone were to tell you that this is nothing but senseless violence, what would you tell them? All related to, again, the arena only.
    Celes: Okay, this question can be viewed many ways
    Omtron: Alright…
    Celes: Senseless violence? Against the clans? Well I would respond to them, all clanners would kill you in an instant; I've seen them in Baboons and in Rompa, also around our streets everyday slaughtering people.
    Celes: But going against Omni's I would call it practice for the one last battle on Rubi-Ka.
    Omtron: I see, and against neutrals?
    Celes: Similar to what I've said before, I would not attack them, I would talk to them, but if they were to attack me then I would kill them in a heartbeat due to protecting the civilians of Omni-Tek.
    Celes: I have nothing against neutrals.
    Celes: All though I think they are weak, and have no direction.
    Omtron: You said you consider fighting Omni's practice however, it's not the same against neutrals?
    Celes: No, neutrals are protected by ICC laws.
    Omtron: Anything else you'd like to add about the Arena?
    Celes: The arena is the most Omni friendly place, the only place for Omni to team together. The Arena is a great place for teamwork.
    Celes: Outside these walls, everyone focus's is on making money.

Celes's views on the Arena and what happens there are quite interesting, and it only goes to say that everyone’s views are relevant. Lets take the next interview with Ruzen, he views Arena battle in a slightly different way.

Omtron: What is it that attracts you to Arena competition?
    Ruzen: What attracts me? I can test new abilities, have fair duels with other Omnis, and I can also help when clanners do a raid here.
    Omtron: Next question.

Omtron: What's your fight style? Do you try and avoid competition, or do you look for a fair fight?
    Ruzen: Many people ask me to duel me. In fact they probably want to kill me to get a better title. But I like to fight against friends of mine. Sometimes we kill eachother or stop before doing any death blows; competition exists when clanners arrive at arena.

Omtron: So you're telling me there is some form of rank for winning arena battles?
    Ruzen: Yes, some people come only to get titles, some others want to try just to kill someone, some others are here to watch the duels for fun.
    Omtron: I see.
    Omtron: And what does these titles do?
    Ruzen: Honor, I guess. *smile*
    Omtron: So if someone has a rather high title, would you worry to fight that person?
    Ruzen: When you meet someone Neophyte or Experienced nowadays, you know he's a good fighter with a lot of knowledge. It depends on the skill level and profession of course, but we try to play strategic against good title fighters.
    Omtron: So it's a form of fear factor too. Interesting.

This was indeed very interesting, apparantly there is a system of titled honor among these Arena fighters. Rather this system is used by Clans and Neutrals as well, I do not know.

Omtron: Alright, lets move on to the last question.
    Omtron: If someone were to tell you that this is nothing but senseless violence, what would you tell them?
    Ruzen: I would tell them: Come to arena, see the respect people can have in the middle of competition. Violence is only a way to show our power, if it stays a friendly competition with people that can understand the honor of beating someone fairly is about all the sense of non-violence, because it's not aggressive.

Sometimes as a reporter you simply have to accept whatever is being told to you, rather you understand it or not. I didn't really understand Ruzen's meaning, but apparantly he sees Arena fighting with more honor and fun.

Quite interesting to view these two very different people and their views on the Arena.

What new exciting Omni-Tek story is next? Time will tell...just remember the next time Omtron is walking down the street you may be in another, "Take Three With Omtron."

Celes is female..Still a nice and interesting report.
    Last edited by Cham; Aug 8th, 2003 at 08:40:53.
    ~Trolls~
    Malcom "Chamaelo" Ashwell - Ex-Immortal.
    Vanguard Adriaan "Demongun" Blackwind - Hermit.
    Jawquez "Jawalooc" Loocazt - Bounty Hunter.
    Michael "Mirkle" Kreble - Creep.
    Christopher "Xelger" Junior - Coffee Maker.

Child Of The Omni - The Boy With The Kitten - Sleepless - The Storm/Breathe - Terminal

"You've just got to keep writing, if that's what makes you happy,
    even when there is no indication anyone is actually reading your work." - Savoy

That's my general, alright....
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

*coughs*
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Yes, I am female.
    Last edited by Celes; Aug 8th, 2003 at 16:06:04.
    General Celes of Omni-Pol
    Superviser of Patrols and Events

Omni-Pol Protects!

I didn't really understand Ruzen's meaning
    Huh? O_o

Anyway, I hope it's not because i'm not a good english speaker
    Hoobah - 150 Fixer - twinking, PvP oriented
    Nyaaah - 150 Enforcer - s10 farm0r (for the fixer's IGoC :x)
    Proud member of Mayhem OTC