Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Treasure Huntin

Treasure Huntin

Does anyone know if theres any plans to include little secrets in the game? Or if there already are?

Im the kinda person who prefers to spend my time wanderin the wilderness lookin for interestin places and beasties rather than hunting or doing missions

So somethin i'd love is for there to be little surprises in the game for ANY player to come across - Not necessarily some unique monster that ya have to be a Level 150 Enforcer to beat

The kinda things im on about is maybe findin ancient treasures in caves etc ... Ones that only Funcom know about and everyone else has to explore to find ... or just get really lucky

I know im not the only player out there who loves exploring and finding new things so there would be plenty of demand .. And for me it would be the highlight of the experience to actually feel like an Indiana Jones type character and find some rare artifact without havin to be really high level

Does this sound cool? Has it been said before? Or am i just being stupid and dreaming too much?

I'm afraid set treasures would be found very quickly unless they respawned but then they would also get really camped.

Maybe chests could randomly appear in the wilderness (rare). They would never be locked and the loot would be calculated after a player opens it (no ql200 unique guns for newbies )

The chance of finding rare/wanted items would be higher than on missions chests (=more primus coats than plants, info tools and maps ).
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

Thats a good idea. A rare chest that spawns randomly and dissapears after about 30-60 seconds if not opened, then it respawns somewhere else on RK. The chest could contains items that are not found anywhere else.
    Princess"Lashleigh" Tabledancer - Unit member of Nirvana

Yes, I had my own fan club. Behold the power of spam....

Thumbs up

Grip bumpage.
    "Woke up this mornin' and...you got yourself a gun."

Sgt. Jeffery "Rhinocerous" Markarian
    Chief, R&D Internal Security
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]

bump
    "So shines a good deed in a weary world."

Thumbs up

So iam not the only Indian jones fan boy out there

BUMP for sure
    ----== Omni Tek ==----
    Adventure -
    Enforcer -
    Here I was minding my own buissnes and you people have to freak out on me...
    Now Sign my Petition Damit

One correction. Do not put the aforementioned item in the chest. Let random monsters have them. In other words, u might have a reason to kill something on the way to somewhere else.
    On the other hand, there are zones where no-one kills certain mobs. Itemize those mobs appropriately and folks will go kill them.

Or how about this?

Have random mobs drop treasure maps or notes corresponding to their level amongst the loot ...
    Then when the player reads the note/book/map etc it will hint at the location of some treasure or item.

An example could be:
    Bob the level 5 player is sittin outside Tir West Gate and decides to kill a leet that wanders past. He kills it and is surprised to find a small note in the loot. He Right-Clicks it and gets a message that he needs 50 Map Navig to use it. He realises he will only need to level a couple of times to be able to use the note so he saves it for later. Two levels later he rummages around in his pack and finds the note again. This time he decodes it! It hints at a location somewhere in Aegean where <nice rare item> can be found. Altho it doesnt tell the EXACT location. But gives a few different co-ords in Aegean where he could look. So off he toddles to have a look round Aegean for this Cave/Building etc. Once inside he has to battle a few mobs of roughly his own level and eventually finds the treasure in one of the rooms!

Now to me that would add something really special to this game. Obviously have the notes dropped at random by ANY mob and have the level correspond to the mob that dropped it. IE a note off a leet would be for low level characters and so would the loot from the mission. Whereas a note dropped by a Vulture would
    correspond to that level. Aswell the loot would have to be of similar level to the player doing the quest to keep things even.
    This would make the game more interesting for ANY level of player. Instead of having to be level 100 and sit around camping unique monsters for hours.

The notes/maps themselves should be rare items so when you get lucky enough to kill a mob that drops one its a really special find. The actual mission locations and caves scattered around the world could be used for the quests.
    Also make it so only the player who picked up the note can use it ... Altho he can get a team together to help him.

Another way of doing it would be to just have this available for Adventurers only. I was reading on the Adv forum about ways they're gonna be improving them in the near future and maybe this could make the Adv more wanted? Maybe an Adventurer is needed for the map to be read. So a player could hire the Adv as
    a guide so he can do the quest. We are Adventurers after all! We're supposed to have adventures!

Combine with...

Combine the random map (its really a random mission key with the upcoming team missions, a player would enter the mission, find it too hard for him to do alone and then start to assemble a team for his private hunt.

It should be rare (1:300-500) and not give away any hints on the "mission loot" (to prevent mass-killing to "camp for item")

Uhmm... I will probably get creative on this soon, so I'll bookmark this thread

Mobs droping rare missions!

This is a very good idea! But only if all mobs had a % chance to drop them. This way there would be no camping or wholesale slaughter of certain types of mobs. Could be used as a way to limit the number of campers in the static dungeons also.

Yep the way i see it ya should have just as much chance of gettin a map off a level 1 mob as a level 150 mob.

All thats gotta be done is make the difficulty of the mission and the loot gained a similar level to the mob that dropped it.

Altho i still think lower level characters should get access to rare items aswell ... Just cos theyre rare dont mean to say they have to be powerful! -- A mission gained from a level 1 mob could contain a rare item that is useless for high level characters but is a worthwhile cause for a low level player

Thumbs up right on, slick

Grip bumpage here. This sort of thing would ensure player loyalty in the face of upcoming MMORPG rivals, FC.
    "Woke up this mornin' and...you got yourself a gun."

Sgt. Jeffery "Rhinocerous" Markarian
    Chief, R&D Internal Security
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]

Nice ideas Sambika!
    I'm the opposite to you in that I pretty much only do missions but I would be happy to go trundling off on one of your treasure hunts Certainly would add some missing element to this game.

I particularly like the idea of having Adventurers being the scouts for these types of things..really like that one.

Good suggestions.

Excellent ideas, kinda reminded me along long time ago about the UO treasure maps

I like this idea.

Random map on any mob. Mob level equals the reward level. Maps are rare...like mort and newland maps!
    Bet I can run faster scared than they can mad!

Originally posted by Sambika
    Or how about this?

Have random mobs drop treasure maps or notes corresponding to their level amongst the loot ...
    Then when the player reads the note/book/map etc it will hint at the location of some treasure or item.
    Man, i love your idea (but the map IP thing). That would be really nice.
    Kheeze (MA) / Yunmei (ADV) / Nekroman (MP) / Shixiu (ENF)

(¯`·.,¸¸.·´¯` French Corp ´¯`··.,¸¸.·´¯)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast