Thread: Enforcers - Heal does bot matter

Enforcers - Health does not matter

Im sick and tired of people saying in PVP that we have an advantage with our hp.
    Tell me mister nanomage nanotech , do people crit you for 2k? Nope. Okay maybe not around my level.

Im not moaning, im just wanted to get people, the thick people to realise HP does not really matter in PvP Anymore.

And now that people crit every hit you will understand;

1000 hp. - max hit 400
    2000 hp - max hit 800 or around that 803.

With 5.5k HP People can hit me for 2k.

This post was spawned from the Traders post where someone mentioned us having good hp which makes us able to kill traders, this is not true.

As long as they crit you, they will crit you for the max they can, no matter your hp.

If I had 100 hp it would still take 3 shots to kill me.

Please understand.

Now it was either Lonax or Rainsford, sorry I cant remember which was in MMD and fighting a Fixer, he got hit for 3000 Burst, now tell me, does HP matter? Really? REALLY?

Against some classes yes it does, MAS. they dont always crit, well at my level anyway, Dunno, I kinda stopped pvp as often as I did.

I can still fight rooters, infact I killed a trader with a title and a Fixer. The first fight the trader crit me with AS/FLING/and his normal shot taking my hp down to about 5% no joke, Luckily my 1hb had the speed to take him down, and without dimach i dont think I would have done it, dunno.

The fixer died by my DMG Shield, was rooted but I still did rage too get the speed needed to catch when not rooted.

Trader the HP didnt matter he crit me.
    Fixer, the hp did matter someshots she hit me for 100 or so now only if she hit that everyhit =)

To an extent HP can make a difference, but usually not always.

Please, no gripes here, just poiting something out, in PVM we rock hell yeah but, I chose Enforcer before i played the game...

I want to be a fighter but it seems this game does not have it fighter/healer, you get fighters that heal and fighters that fight without the heall, you get traders that in its own name are meant to "trade" skills/weapons I dunno, Anarchy Online does not forfill each classes professions.

I better stop before I get caught by the tutor.
    Last edited by Cloudeh_; Mar 19th, 2002 at 13:06:17.

Well no, having a *bit* more hp doesnt matter as much as it would ordinarily would.

I mean ultimately if you have mega HP, you die in 4 crits instead of 3, thats not *really* that much of an advanatge - but thats the way the pvp system is at atm.

Remove crit buffs and high HP classes would have their advantage. Having just said that though, enf's are plenty tough as is.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Well on lower levels the hp matters in pvp much more because, low level chars vs high hps wont hit the cap every time. If you have 4k hp on level 80 and a level 75 soldier is shooting you with his ql 130 nova flow, You aren't going to see him pull off a 1.6k hit, because that would mean he would need to have a 3.2k crit, which he definately doesn't, so once it takes more then 3 hits to win, is when the hp matter, with the OE patch coming, HP classes will be a little better off.

Aagh I spelt tha tiiiiiitle won sah!
    Mee sow sawry!

Yes I do hope so, I mean really...

You have a game

Fighter
    Healer
    You have sub class

Fighter healer

Defensive buffing class.
    Offensive Buffing class

Mage - support - good in teams but not alone.

ETC..
    Not in Anarchy Online

Again I say 2 crits and half that dmg kills anyone.
    Work it out, 40% 40% 20% = 100%
    I have done this one some people, I did sneak and fast and critted, and my dimach finished them off.

/bow
    Last edited by Cloudeh_; Mar 19th, 2002 at 13:09:47.

I hope you're including enforcers in the "Fighter Healer" class, cause mongo makes a pretty damn effective heal . When I was pvp'ing at lvl 30 with my enforcer mongo had started to lose it's edge cause it was "only" 333 hp's at a pop, but that's still damn good healing. Not as good as when I was lvl 16 and nobody could even touch me, but still damn good.

Now I've been lvl'ing, and once I can cast Mongo Bash I'll be stopping to retwink and pvp again, and I fully expect a 1080 heal to kick ass .

Granted from lvl 30+ mongo hasn't been anywhere near as great as when I first got it, but I still use it to heal, and it still heals me more then my treatment kit does after a battle. And I don't even have medi kits, nano kits and mongo are much, Much more effective.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Whether you have 100 HP or 10000 HP, a 40% crit is.... guess what.... STILL 40% of your HP!

Now lets say that they DONT crit you. You have a lot more HP left to absorb that NON-crit hit. I don't ALWAYS get crit for 40% of my HP, in fact, unless it's a 170+ person wailing on me, or a trader, it rarely happens (3x in a row).

How can I explain this?

Me attacking you. My normal hit is 500 and my crit is 3k (a lot different than my actual numbers but they are nice and round numbers and fit this test).

You have 5000 HP. Again a bit low, but a nice round number.

I hit you, crit, you are down to 3000 HP (2k is max damage). Now, It will take me 6 more non-crit hits to kill you.

Now, lets say you only have 4000 HP. I crit you for 1600. Whoopee, I hit you for less, you should be happy? No. Now you only have 2400 HP left and it only takes me 5 more non-crit hits to kill you.

Yes if you get crit every hit it doesn't matter. But that doesn't always happen.

Anyway, if I'm just regurgitating what you said, I apologize.

----------

Of course, I digress, the problem in PvP is insane crit buffs. It used to be who can get that huge damage AS to get a one shot kill. Now it's who can get that insane critbuff (UVC/LMA to a certain extent) and get 3 crits the fastest. Once again Kink brings sense here, high HP classes have a bit more advantage, but it's just that, a BIT.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Woops You forgot 50% damage in PVP Arinia so it would be a 1.5k crit not a 3kcrit

Of course my friend pointed out that techincly if one had 100 hp and a Fixer HOT you would be unbeatable(Hit for 40 damage, XXX Healed you for 39 damage, Hit for 40 damage!, XXX healed you for HOT)

Course it does not always work this way( my nano-mage friend does this as a trick lvl 68 400 hp he has its scares people(I hide someonwhere and heal him) when it looks like nothing can touch him(Ego Twinked 72 Trader in MMD with Ithica SnakeMaster(QL 150ish I'm guessin) shoots him for 100 damage it scares people )

Agree Crits (and roots) are the bane of pvp. Completely unbalanced

I have 4600 unbuffed hp. Guess what. I get critted ALOT for over 1k. Does it really matter? Yes it actually does. If i had less hp my heal would heal more of a percentage of my health therefore id last longer. So basically the more hp i have the weaker i am in pvp (isn't that crazy)

As for roots. They are bugged not to break properly if at all and since nano resist is kinda messed up they are patheticly unbalancing too.

Originally posted by Mr Bean
    Woops You forgot 50% damage in PVP Arinia so it would be a 1.5k crit not a 3kcrit
    Yes just assume that we all have uber weapons that are capable of 6k crits in PvM. My numbers aren't exact as I said, but they illustrate the point.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

I agree, i got my meta buffed up one time for the fun of it to nerly 6k HP (i had the best enforcer, and doc buffs going even the really short doc hp one that lasts 6 mins) i ran into 2ho, and was promptly kileld JUST as fast as i would have with my regular 3k HP.. i think actually it took one more shot then would have normally, it was an agent with an oet ranee and UVC or something, i wasnt mad i messaged him after and he was like DAMN u got alota HP, im like yeah, heh does it matter though?

crits and roots are not the bain of pvp its the 50% damage that is the problem let me explain yet again for those of you who where not around pre damage nerf.

All 50% damage does is make fights last longer and make healing twice as effective that includes Fixer Hots, Doc Heals, Trader taps, anything that gives you hp. When fights started lasting longer that gave crits time to happen, before fights where generally so fast that if you did get a crit it was neato but not the prime reason to use a weapon it was a lucky shot not just a normal effective shot like it is now.

The problem with damage being at full is that fights didnt last long enough in relation to downtime, you fought a dude for 30 seconds sometimes less and wound up for a few minutes sitting by the reclaim terminal.

So whats the problem? DOWNTIME! pull the downtime bring damage back up to full people will die fast sure but if you can get back into the action right away it doesnt mater, it also makes outside buffing a bit more tedious and in my view less likely to happen cause your not planning on long stretches of living your planning on killing and then maybe getting popped off yourself at some point then having to run back to the brawl, thats downtime enough. It makes healing balanced again and it deamplifies the effects of crits.

Games like quake, halflife, rtcw, are popular for a reason, think about how fun they would be if every time you died you had to sit around rezing for a few minutes and getting rebuffed, no fun at all. If you cant acheave realtime fire with the mass numbers mmorpgs have then simulate it by removing downtime, duh.

Melbringi 85 Clan Fixer RK2

EXACTLY

PS, that 400 thing cracked me up bigtime ^_^.
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

today with Ransaack I was testing dmg and stuff,was pretty good.

But when he had a crit buff running, oh god, you should see the screenshots, 1.9, 1.9k 1. somthing k DEAD

Hehe, and even tho I can hit fast, traders healed 50% back up, nooo my..eyes

Guys your agreeing with me, WTF?

Someone call a doctor!!

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    Ahahahahah...

Well in fact the gross exageration of crit availability has been pointed out so many times you won't believe it.

Making crit buffs self only is very important for PvP.
    There is so much way to stack crit buffs now that you can really crit with reliability and very fast.

And I am not even starting on bugged itmes like FoB.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

FOB Is not bugged anymore. - well ot for me.
    I used to see it add or decreaseover and over now it stays the same- just adds some for a few seconds. ? Whats wrong?

Talking

Originally posted by Cloudeh

Someone call a doctor!!
    boo! :P
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org