Thread: Massive fight synchronization problem

Thumbs down Massive fight synchronization problem

This is a major variation on the problem where you get hit by a dead MOB.

Until now, I only got hit once or twice at most by dead MOBs. But last night I got WAY "out of sync". Every time I attacked a new MOB, a long string of messages appeared all at once as if I hit the MOB 10-15 times in less than a second. The MOB's HP bar goes way down immediately.

At first that looks like a very cool bug, since the MOB gets a LOT of damage without the chance to hit back. But after the MOB is finally dead, it keeps hitting me over and over again (delayed reaction due to being out of sync).
    Naturally, I can't hit back, since it's already "dead". Fortunately, my first aid kit works in real time, so I can usually stay alive until the fight is officially over.

I managed to sync back up after about 5 fights, but I don't know what I did that made it happen.

I notice this occurs most often when I am rooting. Both chain rooting for the root n shoot and also rooting and then backing off to heal. Most commonly when I root and move out of range of the mob to heal. You are lucky that you can survive. I generally find it deadly if I can't make it to the exit.
    Txxx
    Clan Fixer
    Rubi-Ka 2

Talking

Its a bug, not much you can really do accept deal with it until it is fixed

During that time when the mobs is still attacking you and your standing there, you are actually attacking (or at least the game thinks you are). You'll notice that your ammo wil go down, or if you are attacking a mobs with a damage shield that you'll still get hit by the shield. When you goto attack the new mob, your computer decides to catch up and fire those shots for real.
    Personally I like that bug. (so take your time FC fixing it) I'll attack the greener mobs first and if i notice they arn't dying i'll attack an orage/red next... Hit fling and 5 regular shot instantly come out, add a burst and my next regular shot and you have one dead mob.
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

Lightbulb synchronised mobs

Hello AO ers,
    Thought i was safe in the exit room (mission) and then ...
    I got killed by a dead mob!! And it hurted me!

ouch!!!

Greetings Zorafixer (an overactive AO player )

This happens in PVP aswell.

my brother almost killed me when testing out evades and acs and weapons etc instantly.

http://cloudeh.50megs.com/ouchy.jpg

If if It dont work maually type in

cloudeh.50megs.com/ouchy.jpg into the url bar.
    Last edited by Cloudeh_; Mar 20th, 2002 at 17:03:53.

I experience the same thing, not necessarily when using roots either, though I do use them. (The mission will start out that way w/out me ever having used a root in the mission.)

THIS IS A STEALTH ROOT-NERF!! lol

Seriously, though, if you want to get this bug fixed within the next month, we all have to say this:

"Oh wow, this out-of-sync is so great. I can zone into a mission, burst-kill a mob 50 times my level, then zone back out again. I gained 20 levels in half an hour."

That might make them fix it.

This can be a serious problem if the damage is done against you. Since FC decided to make runspeed determined client side , when a mob hits you for the first time the client spams a whole list of damage on you. Then your runspeed drops to an insanely low value because the client says you have 0 health, when in fact you will have near full. I've died before because of this, because I was too slow to escape.
    Taldrin | Titanioc | Teiral

I discovered the portal to another dimension!

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly.

Who are you? - http://quiz.ravenblack.net/videogame.pl

It is getting worse

I presume this is a lag-related problem, but it is getting MUCH worse. Today had a case where a mob continued to hit me for a full minute after death... and eventually killed me through chain-healing from two members of my group, dishing out several thousand points of damage after death. I received the exp for the kill on the mob after dying and resurrecting, while back in Omni-Trade (mission in Clon****).

Though you can (usually) run away and wait for the mob to realize it is dead, it is extremely frustrating. It is a "known issue", but one that is progressively getting worse...