Thread: Siphon Box question

Siphon Box question

Okay, I've been looking into perks for my beloved engineer, iamiko (L192 Solitus).

I've been comparing the mechanic and Gadgeteer lines and I'm confused about taunt box.... From what AUNO is saying I read it as it heals your BOT for 15% total HP..... now i searched the forum and all the varying reports are confusing the living daylights out of me.

So... could someone please tell me how siphon box works please and if it's worth-while considering Repair Pet will do 9k healing every 50 seconds?

Thanks in advance
    RK2 - Allyssa Iamiko Mckellan - Solitus Engineer
    RK2 - James Winterice Lavitae - Opifex Fixer
    RK2 - Sonata Tysora Metaphysica - Solitus Meta-Physicist
    RK2 - Shieldmaiden Kysarra Dlaniar - Solitus Enforcer
    "Semper·in·fæcibvs·svmvm, sole·profvndvm·variat."

The perk heals the bot for 15% of the damage they do when it lands, not 15% of their max health. I have the line at 7, I think, and the proc does 132 damage. So, every 5-10 hitds, my bot gets healed for 19.8 damage. Nerf me. It's really just for the damage proc. It's small, but it's still damage. Also, it's affected by armor, so the healing might be noticeable on Decon'd RK mobs. The perkline's really for reconstruction anyway. At higher levels it actually heals for more than Bio Regrowth because of the longer duration, and only has a 1-minute cooldown.

Nothing beats repair pet for quick spike healing, especially because you can keep spamming Maker's Touch while it's going. Between Recon, Regrowth, HP, and MT, we don't really need much more healing, anyway.
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

Taunt box
    -Broken and has no effect of any kind.

Siphon box
    - With 10 points has 22% chance to land and does 242-1948 damage. Armor affects damage so it is 242 every time. Then 15% of inflicted damage is given to bot as hp.

Since Chance to land is 22% average damage/hit is 53.24 damage. Healing effect is 15% of that so avarage bit under 8 points/hit. If bot hits 30 times/minute bot will get 240 points HP/minute.

So healing effect of siphon box is totally useless. And it adds under 0.5% damage to any bot or dog.
    "then again, it's also been said by funcom that theye'll try improving pathing again somethime in the 16.x series"
    -Cenelia

"God I hope not. I don't know how many more improvements we can take."
    -Spleenman