Thread: I am surprised traders rock at pvp

I am surprised traders rock at pvp

i am surprised! and here is why... ( i suppose this includes most classes w/ roots)
    i am surprised peopl fight w/ traders.. i can see if you are getting surprise attacked traveling through a low gas area, but that can't give them all those kills.. im surprised most people play against them... i mean there are some traders that would play trader reguardless of whether they are uber.. but the LARGE majority i talk to play them ONLY becuase traders rock... playin something in an RPG simply for a powerful class seems silly to me, and rewarding it seems even sillier... i started playin a doctor and i had no idea they were quite potent in player vs. player... in fact as of the moment i have exactly 26 martial arts at lvl 40, and don't wield a weapon.. im in it to play doctor forthe joy of healing =) i will most likely equip a shotty later, and i may in the end go for player vs. player... but thats not the reason i played the class.. so my solution (later) to people who play a class for its "uberness" is i won't.

as for balancing roots, personally i think all classes w/out roots should have green nano resist and nano resist should WORK, and that all classes with roots should have it dark blue. possible exception : nanotechnician these guys dont' need any downgrades... mp trader crat all could use a *little* pvp nerf to even things up
    Socializer 93%
    Explorer 53%
    Achiever 40%
    Killer 13%
    <('.'<) <('.')> (>'.')> <('.')> <('.'<)

Re: I am surprised traders rock at pvp

Originally posted by Skygrin

as for balancing roots, personally i think all classes w/out roots should have green nano resist and nano resist should WORK, and that all classes with roots should have it dark blue. possible exception : nanotechnician these guys dont' need any downgrades... mp trader crat all could use a *little* pvp nerf to even things up
    nerf the fixers!!!!

(if nano resist worked).
    i fail to see your logic... enlighten me please. im off for another game of red faction...
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

It's not really surprising, this game was made by Funcom. Should it surprise you that 40k years in the futar dragons dwell with powerz majikal in the dungeons of majestik castles? Is it surprising that the toughest NPCs in the game are storekeepers? Is it surprising that you can attach a scope to your head and then punch people 30m away? Is it surprising that you can kill some guys friend in a mission 3 feet from his face and he wont' come to help because there is a door frame between him and his friend? None of these things are very surprising. This is a Funcom game.

Let's not forget the super duper lag fest events that cause your PC to crash. West Athen (on RK2) was under attack by those crat ninja droids, so I go there, mix it up a little, zone to a building, zone back out crash. Try to relog, crash. Relog, crash. I'm not bothering with FC events again unless it's small scale. :P

Lesson:Logic? Where? I've been looking for it!
    Last edited by Obergeist; Mar 19th, 2002 at 06:52:55.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm