Thread: Yikes, check out the helmet

Yikes, check out the helmet

:O
    Rubber "Zhoknerfer" Critducky - Gear & Perks - Level 210 :: 11 - Opifex Martial Artist Guru
    Rubber "Xephydes" Ducky - Level 214 :: 2 - Nanomage Meta-Physicist Deity - Clan Meta-Physicist since February 19th, 2002
    Rubber "Premortem" Stabducky - TL5 :: 7 Opifex Shade

On extended leave... Awaiting Lost Eden I guess

Arcane Circle

WoW: Premortem, Night Elf Rogue, Draenor EU Server

Actually, check out a potential dream armor config with the new "named ql 300 armor" instead:

A nice little setup
    Last edited by Xephydes; Nov 10th, 2003 at 20:04:19.
    Rubber "Zhoknerfer" Critducky - Gear & Perks - Level 210 :: 11 - Opifex Martial Artist Guru
    Rubber "Xephydes" Ducky - Level 214 :: 2 - Nanomage Meta-Physicist Deity - Clan Meta-Physicist since February 19th, 2002

Arcane Circle

xeph can you post the name of the helmet please, I have to look on the Auno db, cause AODB is blocked here at work o.0 DOH!
    Currently sniffing the back of your neck.
    Trilic lvl 215 Meta-Physicist Deity
    W
    ..:: Got Mocham? No? Then try The MP Guide. ::..

Helmet of Hypocrisy Nice stuff =)

Arcane Circle

...robots in disguise..

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

lol

Nostalgic comments, reminds me of all the broke Transformers I have up on the attic

Arcane Circle

So when is it possible for an MP to get 1750 CL?

Member of Ragnarok

Hot Stuff!
    (Looks better and has nicer stats then our tier3 armor). Looks like I have to speed up to get to Pandemonium to get my hands on this stuff.
    Last edited by Brango01; Nov 11th, 2003 at 15:17:54.

Actually, I think just about only our tier 3 shoulderpads are worth the camping ,but something tells me this armor won't be easy to get either

1750 comp lit is steep though, not sure when we can get it.... Any number crunchers want to try?

Arcane Circle

1750 CL, not bad for a trader...but for us...hmm..

But if I was to make a guess, with heavily implanting CL, and using CL things that you can find....I would say around lvl 210ish maybe less, maybe more....just my guess...
    Currently sniffing the back of your neck.
    Trilic lvl 215 Meta-Physicist Deity
    W
    ..:: Got Mocham? No? Then try The MP Guide. ::..

Hehe a helmet that makes me look like one of my meatballs! Meatwad will be sooooo jelous!
    Vargyr-Meatball Master!
    FRIEND 4 life
    Currently played alts: Demogog, Cpnmorgan, Badcode, Prophet, Corpse, Malicous, Hostile.

Well, there the new Azure in all its glory
    Apprentice Raidea - Lv 215, Supreme Creator - Setup
    Veteran of Nemesis

NightGhost: Perhaps it doesn't take two to make an idiotic argument, altho you have proven for a fact, that one man indeed, can make two idiotic arguments.

Bero: I think, I made my point, there is no noticeable difference between lvl 165 and 190 and even between 160 and 200, the difference is small…

Originally posted by Xephydes
    1750 comp lit is steep though, not sure when we can get it.... Any number crunchers want to try?
    This isn't the full number crunching, just some notes.

By using the nice database at www.aodb.info, I did some research.

FC has some rather unpleasant designs in mind for us. Let's have a look at how the MP is to "gear up" for the high CL requirement. Patch 15.0 brought us SL and 14.9 was sort of a set-up for SL, so I started with 14.9.

Of the items that are from patch 14.9 onward, that add to Comp Lit, and are not NODROP, you get...

Zero.

Chosen/Faithful MP armor gives a bonus to Comp Lit, but it's NODROP.

Exploiter armor isn't NODROP, but it's Fixer or Bureaucrat-only armor.

Smuggler's armor isn't NODROP, but it's Enforcer or Trader-only armor.

Superjolt? Fixer-only. MTI G04U? Trader-only.

Now, actually, there is one item. It's called the "Technocrat Merit Board" and has only a UNIQUE tag, not a NODROP tag. Seeing as this fits into the neck slot and gives the exact same CL bonus as a 1000-token board, I can't really include it because it won't really help anyone who has a 1000-token board.

Adding in NODROP items is a bit sketchy because some nice items might be on a timer, require a quest, or ask you to defeat the Penultimate Lord of Pandemoneum with a pair of leet dolls. So numbers can be run on it but I'm not sure how "possible" it'd be to achieve.

Finally, don't forget that a certain amount of CL will be required to keep this armor out of the Over-Equipping realm. As nice as that helmet is, it'd be rough to keep out of OE without continuously being equipped with CL implants and/or CL items, and if we need CL items to keep this helmet on... what's the point? Okay, scaring people at the Ent BB or Tir FT. What else?

I don't have enough data to work with.
    If you're looking for any of these programs -
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

Originally posted by Covenant

<snip>
    Finally, don't forget that a certain amount of CL will be required to keep this armor out of the Over-Equipping realm. As nice as that helmet is, it'd be rough to keep out of OE without continuously being equipped with CL implants and/or CL items, and if we need CL items to keep this helmet on... what's the point? Okay, scaring people at the Ent BB or Tir FT. What else?

I don't have enough data to work with.
    Symbiants

Member of Ragnarok

woot power rangers that cast mokies!!! what more could one ask for!
    Reset Bobv Tradeskill - 182 eng doodSetup>
    Kungfumaster Aoeabuse Wong - 120 NT dood | Neurd - 143 MP dood | Bobtor - 85 Doctor dude | Fixdisbiatch - lvl 60 fixer | Coffeedotcom - lvl 60 crat | Aludra - lowbie adv, winnder of Gridstream's WTF award
    Screenshots (hehe) - - -Neleb's Nanocircuit Pajamas!!! woot? I am ali-baba! Annihilator pet!!!!!! A sign in adonis WRANGLEPLZ UBERSLAYERANIHILATORZOR BARNEY PWNZ hamsterARK!!!

if you can read this you dont need glasses
    my story

Originally posted by Xpie

Symbiants
    Symbiants would nicely solve the problem of requiring something implanted in Computer Literacy to keep them from going OE, and even toss in a little benefit in added INT.

I'm not sure that symbiants would help us get enough CL in the first place though - refined implants and NODROP items of unknown availability seem more likely. What worries me is that the process of getting the armor on might interfere with returning to regular implants/symbiants, because those symbiants sure have a high Treatment requirement. If the best way to reach that Treatment is with newly introduced wearable items, then it's going to be rough.
    If you're looking for any of these programs -
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.