Thread: Artillery fire

Post Artillery fire

I'm was just sitting here in borin old class and came up with this wild idea. How bout you give players the ability to call for artillery fire.

It would be a multi profession system and only used for pvp (like DAOCs catapults and battering ram system), meaning your going to have to have more then one character of a diffrent profession to implement the strike and that its not going to be able to be used for mob killing.

You would need an engineer to build the artillery cannons, an adv would plot coords for best geographical targets, the soldier that would be responsible for moving and operating the aritllery agent that would sneak into (once FC fixes concealment this could be implemented)enemy territory and paint the target with a laser of some sort, you would then have crat give the authorization for the artillery fire. You could also have the fixer be able to summon parts for the cannon and maybe for diffrent types of shells (poison gas Baby!!! )

The level of the artillery would determine the extent of the damage it does and the level of the artillery would also determine how long it takes to recharge, it would also determine its range (so that if you have say a lvl 50 cannon it would do smaller amounts of damage and wouldn't have as long a range but would recharge faster then say a lvl 200 cannon that would do a lot more damage but would recharge ten times slower). There would also be a lvl at which this can start being used (say lvl 50)

Well thats my out in space idea, would be kinda hard to implement but would be pretty cool, maybe they would be able to add this when they allow us to be able to take OP. But before this I would like to see the current problems fixed wouldn't want them to put something new in that would cause more problems.
    Greywolff
    Proud member of theBlack Watch Regiment
    Murphy's Law: Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy more people to shoot at

Long tedious and involving all proffs......im for it!

Newscaster: "Today Omni Ent was shelled for the fourth week in a row, this time a newbie backyard for three straight hours. Reports are only now filtering in on the number of cancelations."
    I was one of the people who believe that FC had a "secret" 12.0 patch just before launch....he he.

You start to think that the Shrooms are wearing off and then you look at the ceiling and realize you got a few hours.

Originally posted by haniblecter

Newscaster: "Today Omni Ent was shelled for the fourth week in a row, this time a newbie backyard for three straight hours. Reports are only now filtering in on the number of cancelations."
    lmao.

You know, for the longest time I thought those guns in Clon**** were firing at the Clan.

Turns out, they're mass drivers shooting Notum into orbit for export, according to a dev at Funcom.
    You can run, or you can die. If you run, you just die tired.

The Notum Cannons in Clon**** are vital for shipping the material off-planet, sending 'packs' of notum up into orbit where they can be picked up by ships for a fraction of the cost compared to actually landing a ship on the planet.

I read about an event (late last year?) where cyborgs attempted to take over the cannons, and use them to bombard the cities on Rubi-Ka instead. Truly a terrible weapon, and I'm quite happy that the 'borgs where thwarted.

As for artillery, I doubt Newbie Backyards should be prime targets. Poor things have it difficult enough against the Leets and Reets as it is..
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Newb1 shouts: looking for one more to take on the harder part of the backyard

Newb2 shouts: right here

BF Artilery Shell fired by rain-o-death hit Newb1 for 12000 cold damage

BF Artillery Shell fired by psychoclanner01 hit Newb2 for 9000
    disease damage

newb1 shouts: WTF

newb2 shouts: Does Best Buy return opened games?
    I was one of the people who believe that FC had a "secret" 12.0 patch just before launch....he he.

You start to think that the Shrooms are wearing off and then you look at the ceiling and realize you got a few hours.