Thread: Custmoizable pet chat

Custmoizable pet chat

I get tired of the mundane "I will follow you wherever you go master" and "Hello master, I am ready to obey your commands"...
    You know what would be great? If you could customize the output of the pet each time you issue a command... it can also be quite beneficial with pets that attack, you could have him say "attacking %t", or healers can say "healing %t"...
    Fatal Halcyon
    Amoth
    No guild, no longer playing until (if ever) things change for the good.

Re: Custmoizable pet chat

Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
    I get tired of the mundane "I will follow you wherever you go master" and "Hello master, I am ready to obey your commands"...
    You know what would be great? If you could customize the output of the pet each time you issue a command... it can also be quite beneficial with pets that attack, you could have him say "attacking %t", or healers can say "healing %t"...
    You can sort of do that now. Write a script that has a /pet chat command after /pet wait or /pet attack or whatever and make him say what you want. Sure, he still says "Command received. Following," but you can have say whatever you want after that.

"Command received. Following."
    "Bzzzz. Click. I'll stick to you like stink on poo, boss!"
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

Oh I know, I have a few scripts set up already like that. I'm just being picky.

Bizarre - I was just saying the same to my friend the other day. You notice it more when you have two crats in the team Have a folder somewhere that is read from when the command is issued. If there is nothing there it uses the default etc.

of course, then we will all have

/pet follow : Awright, awright, I'm coming boss. Just let me get this chair off my . . arg! Who moved that table?!

/pet attack : Chaarge! Woah! Reverse! Tell you what, I'll just go through this wall down here, out the doors, through that tunnel, and approach him from the opposite ceiling - he won' t expect that. Hang tight boss!

/pet behind : What do you mean get back here? I am here. You can' t see me, of course. I'm in the ceiling. No, I'm under the table. The coordinates are lying - I am here, honest. You can hear me can' t you.

etc etc

Bump in the optimistic hope that an answer from FC will say if this is either possible or probable.

engie chat

LOL. i would love to see this.

/pet attack "I'll tell you what I'll wait out here pounding my head against the wall and you bring the mob out here."

/pet behind "Sure I'll follow just don't expect me to zone with you"

/pet follow "As soon as I can find you master it will be my pleasure"

/pet hunt " I'll just walk around in a circle till you find me something to attack if thats ok"

/pet guard "Sure untill that mobdecides to kill you then all bets are off"

/pet free "No master no.. I promis next time I will not try to make out with the confrence table."

/pet terminate "If thats the way your going to be about it I'll just kill myself"

trading with pet "I will be ever dilligent with protecting this master, opps it fell through the floor."

Talking

Hahaha! Funniest thing I've read all week
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

And make it random customizable via a config file

[/pet attack]
    pa1="I won't do it!!
    pa2="Why don't you do it youselft
    pa3="and so on"

[/pet follow]
    pf1=

Etc... How about it?

Talking

Bump!

And just for heal pets:

/pet heal: What, heal that? It is just a fleshwound. Tough it out master while I study this interesting cealing.

bump again come on people keep it going maybe if were realy lucky and use a limited wish spell we will get it.

BUMP, I'm sure it isn't too hard to re-work something like this, and a good idea about randomization of chat.. get some variety.

Here are some more

/pet wait "Finally, something I can actually do!"
    /pet follow "Ok I'll follow you! Don't worry about me, boss I.. uh.. Oooh what's that over there?! A TABLE! I LOVE TABLES!!!"
    Last edited by KramerTheWeird; Mar 26th, 2002 at 00:33:43.
    Fatal Halcyon
    Amoth
    No guild, no longer playing until (if ever) things change for the good.

am i the only bumper here sheesh

bump
    Rebekah Poachie Vein - Lvl 200 Omni-Tek Bureaucrat - Equipment
    April Poachinator Joor - Lvl 150 Omni-Tek Enforcer - Equipment