Thread: Insane Map Reqs and the problems they cause

Angry Insane Map Reqs and the problems they cause

Can someone please tell me why:

1.) Maps for areas we can mission in (like say Avalon at level 34) have reqs in the 200s?

2.) We can't still use our radars at least (like people and monster) even if we don't have a map?

I understand that the map thing is to keep us out of areas that are bad for us, but why let us get missions there then?

Just curious.

Giving us missions way out past our map range is even more deadly than just giving us hard missions. I agree, lighten up the map reqs or else don't send us into deep-red territory, Funcom.

If you happen to get spun around or forget your heading after an hour long mission, it's easy to get lost and then get dead very fast. Being a Fixer, I just run like hell through the reds. You should see the trains this engine can pull!

Talking

My level 6 enforcer rolled a mission to Perpetual Wastelands from Tir... ow

From the chest loot though we are only supose to go to Mort and Newland.

From ingame " Guys my god look what i found !!!! "
    - Bob Yalmaha ??
    Bill No newland map !

Lightbulb

Implants Implants Implants gentlemen and ladies.

Make a set of map nav implants and stay ahead of the game. (don't keep them in, just to get what you need uploaded)
    "Your village called...their idiot is missing"

Psilex (Agent)
    Smokegirl (Nano-tech)
    Tylerdurdon (Bureaucrat)

Proud Member of:
    Omni-Tribunal
    Omni-Pol

IPR and Map Nav?

With the upcoming IP reset, will there be anything done to prevent people from pumping up their Map Nav, uploading all the maps, and resetting their Map Nav skill to get all their IPs back? Or will that be considered an allowable option?
    Next
    Level 140 Opifex Adventurer
    Rimor

Re: IPR and Map Nav?

Originally posted by Mroog
    With the upcoming IP reset, will there be anything done to prevent people from pumping up their Map Nav, uploading all the maps, and resetting their Map Nav skill to get all their IPs back? Or will that be considered an allowable option?
    Map Nav is one skill they will not allow IP reset on.

found the quote:

IPR will now become an active part of the game. (Scheduled for 14.2) You will get IP Re-Allocation points. These you can use to reset a skill, (point and click) and get the IP back. You can select whichever skill or ability you like - except Map-Navigation.

http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...articles/2540L

Originally posted by Jarekloss
    If you happen to get spun around or forget your heading after an hour long mission, it's easy to get lost and then get dead very fast. Being a Fixer, I just run like hell through the reds. You should see the trains this engine can pull!

Kinda funny you mentioned that, 2 days ago i acidentley pulled a couple(4) of ancient(really big frickin) spiders into a team in mutant domain....I didn't mean to. My run speed is almost 400(implanted w/pack) so i never knew they were there till i get a tell mid mission being cussed for doing it...I am really sorry to whom ever i did that to. I honestley only laughed for like 15 minutes.

I know it's not cool, but i've had it done to me, and kinda laughed about it.

You can pretty easily get the maps you need with implants. Avalon has a rather high requirement relative to when you will be able to go on missions there, but that is really the only bad one. Put in your mapnav implants, load a new map and take out the implants. Pretty simple.

Scorus

Omnitech HQ

"You can pretty easily get the maps you need with implants. Avalon has a rather high requirement relative to when you will be able to go on missions there, but that is really the only bad one."

Eh, I started getting missions to Omni-tech HQ at about level 10. Imagine the shock when the map requirement was 200.

I still get a lot of HQ missions at 14, but I just avoid them.