Thread: The Real Reason For the Patch

Angry The Real Reason For the Patch

Well we finally figured it out. Just to keep AO up to date so far I know of 17 people that quit for the sole reason of the next patch. You can multiply that by 20 for the amount of people the I heard stating that they will quit once the patch has been applyed. First you took away ALL Hunting Areas for higher levels, the only thing to do anymore are missions. You make us weaker and keep the NPC's the same or stronger. The list goes on and on.. After speaking with an worker from AO.. All these patches where AO Lies and tells us it's only to make the game better for all of us who play it.. I'ts ONLY to keep people playing Longer. The more we die.. the longer time it takes us to level.. the less hunting spots available for us.. they think that we will stay subcribed to AO longer. Well your WRONG! You keep screwing with our characters and most of the original players that I've know quit already and you will feel it in the pocketbook after you lay out your next patch. We Had Enough! Good luck to you all.. And All Agents and Adventures .. Level up while you can.. Ao is targeting you next

Thumbs up I Agree with you 100 percent

Well I'll join your effort. I've been bugging AO to fix my trimmer for about a month now and I see that's the last of there concern. They are too busy finding ways to mess up our characters. Customer service is the worse I've ever seen here. Whenever i send a pettion it's always write to support@ao.com.. whatever the url is. What a shame.. when I first started 6 months ago.. I was siked bout the game. Now since I dont know what my character is gonnbe be the next week or even the next day cause AO keeps changing the rules of the game, I'm not a very happy camper. I'm i'm a lvl 148 engie. I too have heard about a lot of people quitting and more people that are going to quit.. What a shame.. well maybe after loosing hundreds of subcribers AO will learn it's lesson.. WEll maybe not

You tell 'em, flyguy! You're mad as hell and not going to take it anymore. I bet they'd *really* get the message if you just quit playing right now, and stopped posting to the boards anymore. What do you have to lose?
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

The reason of 14.2 (you obviously didn't see it) is to lower OE weapon importance to give back value to nanos and class specific abilities.

How can you balance the agnet when they use ql200 stigma at level 80??

BUT

Their new OE rules are crappy, as well their limitation for pet user. I am pro new OE and pet rules, but their formulas are so poor.

I have proposed new formula and will make a thread to sum up all my ideas soon (I am working on it for 5 days now). Check out "Scumbug is a genius!" post.

So its a conspiricy to milk our pockets...well that ruins my day. Sorry but that seem too far fetched to me for some reason. Besides if a person chooses to play and chooses to pay thats their choice. Not FC's. If a person wants to play the WORST GAME EVER then their going to. I'm going to stick with AO for the next 3 months and if I think FC is really screwing me and my money then I'm as good as gone. But if I still find reason to play the game, then I will. I may not be right but FC is trying to something the best they can, but instead of trying to get everything done as fast as possible they need to think about what the heck they're really doing to the game. But who knows, they could be forcing you play for longer which in turn means you pay more, but if you don't like it there's TONS of other games that and companies that would gladly take your money off your hand
    DKillah
    Gravewalkers
    http://aotgw.homestead.com/main.html

The hella bueno 44 Agent and w00tzer his crappy QL 37 Healpet

Stop assuming that you think you know me, you presumptuous f**k.

Re: I Agree with you 100 percent

Originally posted by BruceLeroy
    Customer service is the worse I've ever seen here. Whenever i send a pettion it's always write to support@ao.com.. whatever the url is. What a shame..
    Do you ever actually send a mail in to that address? Last time I did I got a favorable response in 2 hours. That's not too bad.

Re: The Real Reason For the Patch

Originally posted by flyguy200
    Just to keep AO up to date so far I know of 17 people that quit for the sole reason of the next patch. You can multiply that by 20 for the amount of people the I heard stating that they will quit once the patch has been applyed.
    Can you please explain what in the 14.0 patch would cause people to quit?

It must be this:

Patcher Changes:

Better routines for downloading files. The patcher should no longer stop receiving data when downloading the patches.
    This nerf will seriously unbalance the game. Traders will now own PvP even MORE, and NTs will become more gimped than ever! Bring back precasting!

Seriously now, I think he means 14.2's OE changes . I don't know why anyone would quit over that... though I do know of a couple coming back because of it

Why accusing FC customers service ???

Again a new player in the mmorpg world that blame FC of everything and anything.

damn your lucky...

griemdall, I'm glad someone got a response from Support.

I sent in THREE emails to Support more than a month ago concerning problems with my lvl100+ MP and never even received a conformation about even getting them...Support... my big ole a$$

Depend of what kind of mail you send to them : P

must be cause you re MP ^^
    my rerolling squad (what s IPR? )
    Celebnor, Balbanes, Lacaan, Ignetos, Hadouken, Icehilda, Icementat and the late Seregnor

if you ever met one.....well...nevermind

Re: damn your lucky...

Originally posted by ShaZamm
    griemdall, I'm glad someone got a response from Support.

I sent in THREE emails to Support more than a month ago concerning problems with my lvl100+ MP and never even received a conformation about even getting them...Support... my big ole a$$:mad:
    I always recieve a confirmation within a few hours at the longest. I just tested it and that part is still working. It's an autoresponder, so I would guess the only way you wouldn't get the auto response would be sending to an invalid address, or possibly sending during a time when the servers were down or something. I would think if the servers were down though it would send a bounce back to you. <shrug> I don't think I'm particularly lucky. Just patient. :) I also try very hard to send in only very specific questions worded in a way that I feel is easily answerable, while still being short and easy to read. Old trick I learned from working in online support for a while. :)

You keep screwing with our characters and most of the original players that I've know quit already and you will feel it in the pocketbook after you lay out your next patch. We Had Enough!
    Bah! If Funcom can survive the debacle up to and including 12.6, they can survive this...

Re: I Agree with you 100 percent

Originally posted by BruceLeroy
    whatever the url is.
    In case you meant to say: "whatever A URL is" here is a quick breakdown:

URL stands for Universal Resource Locator.
    as opposed to an "eMail adress"... funny you used the correct vB Code in your post... I guess it must be all that steam coming from your ears.

[/flame off]

oh and to flyguy200:

the truth is out there.
    i want to beleive.
    trustno1

Funcom watch out: Generation X-Files is hot on your heels with all your conspiracy and money earning and stuff.

I bet you all addiced us to this Game just to milk our wallets ;c)
    shame on you! go stand in the corner for offering a great service!

-Raik Out and LMAO
    Zack "Raik" Brumble - "Boom Hippie Bye Bye, the Raik is back!"