Thread: Adventurer Forms - Not a Nerf

Adventurer Forms - Not a Nerf

I in no way wont the abilities on the adventurer morph forms touched, I would like it if funcom made it so it could only be cast on people in your team. This would fix certain people from chain casting reet form in pvp to stop you from attacking, it is as bad as the nt's stun nanos. Also i have seen it used to greif players by turning them into a reet in the middle of battle as to stop there attacks and let the mob win.

Please fix this Funcom, pretty please with sugar on top with a cherry.
    Soldiers are Fubar....I Demand a Pet!

Talking

I gawd I never thought of this one, please let us keep it untill we get some loving.

from another perspective

The adventurer has some outdoor strengths that are often times overlooked and under-appreciated.

Our best run and evades buff come in the outdoor forms of the Sparrow and Flurry. We cannot root or charm mobs but we most can certainly try to outrun and evade a hostile mob in the wilderness. And we can also help others do so - that is one of our strongest strengths out in the wilderness.

Example:
    While outdoors, if I should see someone (not a teammate) being chased by a tough mob, I can either:
    a) take down the mob if I can
    b) heal the person to buy him/her time to fight back
    c) and if the mob is too tough and the above 2 will not help the situation, I can Reet (other) or Flurry (other) the person so that he/she can get away.
    (and yes, for the cynic, there can be a possible 4th option:
    d) do absolutely nothing to help)

An outright nerf on this aspect will be taking away one of the strongest outdoor aids an adventurer can provide, besides the obvious healing aspect.

If you're so worried about PvP (which affects what percentage of the playbase again? Hmm right, that's what I thought) ... I suggest something like a PvP PC tag or flag (or whatever it's called) be initiated ... something to prevent such a chain-casting tactic. As for the griefer example, tough luck, you met a jerk, move on - there are plenty other griefing and ganking activities to worry about but I don't see FC policing those.

So, in essense, I fail to see why something that isn't likely to be widely practised - would warrant an outright nerf on one of the strongest aid features of a profession. There are very few things going for the adventurer at the moment, so do consider other perspectives.
    Last edited by Inocybe; Mar 18th, 2002 at 12:51:10.
    Ino
    rolling leet, crouching tiger, hidden dragon

Pioneer rifle/crossbow Vanguard with a personal sidearm and a campstove
    Atlantean

AO Adventurer Professional (2003-2004)

Map design suggestion for mapmakers

I agree make it just a team nano formula, as its just way to annoying when your with an ARK and a bunch of others getting ready for an event and some oddball runs around omni ent turning everyone into a reet.

Its only a matter of time before a bunch of advents run around taking rubi-ka hostage by ensuring that everyone is a reet.

Originally posted by MrBunny
    I agree make it just a team nano formula, as its just way to annoying when your with an ARK and a bunch of others getting ready for an event and some oddball runs around omni ent turning everyone into a reet.

Its only a matter of time before a bunch of advents run around taking rubi-ka hostage by ensuring that everyone is a reet.
    Umm...you can just turn it off. lol. It's not like you are stuck that way for the duration. I turned everyone in the store I was in into a reet to celebrate way back when I first got the nano. Everyone thought it was fun except one guy, who just COMPLETELY went off on me, shouting and cussing me in /shout and /tell. Maybe that was you? :) To this day I've never figured out why he was so upset.

Originally posted by griemdaall

Umm...you can just turn it off. lol. It's not like you are stuck that way for the duration. I turned everyone in the store I was in into a reet to celebrate way back when I first got the nano. Everyone thought it was fun except one guy, who just COMPLETELY went off on me, shouting and cussing me in /shout and /tell. Maybe that was you? To this day I've never figured out why he was so upset.
    Ya, I turn my guildmates into reets at times. They all enjoy it because it's something different. They think it's cute and laugh when a hulking Atrox is turned into a small bird. Maybe that's why the guy was so upset. His vision of coolness was destroyed by you turning him into a defenseless bird...that can't even fly.

Psyphen
    "Today is a good day to...ACK!"

Originally posted by Psyphen

Ya, I turn my guildmates into reets at times. They all enjoy it because it's something different. They think it's cute and laugh when a hulking Atrox is turned into a small bird. Maybe that's why the guy was so upset. His vision of coolness was destroyed by you turning him into a defenseless bird...that can't even fly.

Psyphen
    Hehe, maybe so. He did look like he was trying to be all Matrix or something.

Out of curiosity, has an adventurer ever beaten anyone in pvp? I guess an adventurer could turn someone into a reet then have a trader attack them or something, but I can't imagine (after my experience trying to raise 2 of them..) that an adventurer ever actually gets strong enough to pvp.

I remeber lvl 30 got a few other Advs togther two months ago

I remeber macroing it ATHENS IS THE CITY OF THE REET Ran around three of us reeting everyone(Had a QL 80 Humid on all of us so we could not run out of nano )

Ahh the fun times when I went down to the omni-one backyard snuck in as a leet ran around hiding in the bushs and water reeting all the omnis there
    ----------------------------------------
    Add after seeing grim's post

Yes I have a lucky doulbe crit Rider hit then dimach for 800, That normal worked for me VS most proffesions except NT

And its fun to hide as a little Leet in MMD and watch the grid campers looking around then suddly a little leet pops up WAP WAP you take 4k Damage

Re: Adventurer Forms - Not a Nerf

Originally posted by rockgod
    I in no way wont the abilities on the adventurer morph forms touched, I would like it if funcom made it so it could only be cast on people in your team. This would fix certain people from chain casting reet form in pvp to stop you from attacking, it is as bad as the nt's stun nanos. Also i have seen it used to greif players by turning them into a reet in the middle of battle as to stop there attacks and let the mob win.

umm if your talking about actual pvp you are ages behind. You cannot cast reet on people on the other side of the conflict in a pvp zone.

Now if your talking about same side greifers then i guess theres not much you can do

But please do research before you post about problems because you are talking about problems which DO NOT EXIST!!!! because reet cannot be used on a person on the opposite side in pvp (aka im clan i cant use it on an omni in pvp)

In actuallity it should be allowed. Its the equivlent in annoyance to roots (which BTW ARE BROKEN AND DO NOT CANCEL IN COMBAT CORRECTLY!!!)

Originally posted by Mr Bean
    Yes I have a lucky doulbe crit Rider hit then dimach for 800, That normal worked for me VS most proffesions except NT

And its fun to hide as a little Leet in MMD and watch the grid campers looking around then suddly a little leet pops up WAP WAP you take 4k Damage
    Heh, that's pretty cool. Both of my advents are low level since I pretty much only play low level peeps, and they are both PATHETIC. Against mobs I do like 15 damage per hit or something with the non-rider advent, the rider advent does 100 or so, but still pretty pathetic. They are probably horribly gimped though. Heh

Re: Adventurer Forms - Not a Nerf

Originally posted by rockgod

Why are you even complaining about this?

1. If you turn someone into a reet that your fighting, they have to be pretty dumb not to simply RUN AWAY. You just gave them a runspeed and evade buff.

2. Anyone I know that fights an Advent .... expects to be turned into a bird and just clicks the nano off. It's NOT HOSTILE.

"chain casting reet form in pvp to stop you from attacking, it is as bad as the nt's stun nanos."

lol, please check your ideas before u posting them, chaincasting reet would only um "stun" the adv more than the opponent.

Looke

It's still lame.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Talking What a load of crap

Ha Ha,

Seems like someone got their ass kicked by an adventurer and can't live it down. Every credit to whoever did it. As for our morphs they do need a lot of work and im not going to go into it, but if someone used the skill they had to win I dont see a problem. Same as if a fixer grids out during combat, they have the right to do it because its a skill they posess. As for myself I reet anyone I see attacking our guards or neutral guards and ill keep doing it.
    Member of First Light (EG)

Owner of the Thong of Power

TEH SEXXAY SEXXAY AVEDTU..ADVTERN...ANDEVTURE...EXPLORER