Thread: Biomech first-aid and treatment stat boosts do not work.

Biomech first-aid and treatment stat boosts do not work.

I've been reporting this since probably September, but I haven't in awhile, so thought I would again to make sure it gets on Funcom's list (I've never seen mention that Funcom has identified it as a bug).

Biomech armor has stat boosts for first-aid and treatment. These stat boosts work when you first put on the armor, but as soon as you zone, they are lost. To complicate matters, when you take the armor back off, the code checks the boost amount, and deducts that from your current first-aid and treatment skills, which now that the boosts were lost, end up going negative to your base skill.

I ran a test today to confirm that this is an actual functionality bug, not just a visual display bug. I took off all of my biomech armor, and attempted to use a QL 90 nano-recharger, which my base treatment skill (without biomech boosts) is above, and was denied because of the amount that treatment was reduced by from the removal of my biomech armor. I zoned, and was then allowed to use my nano-chargers (after the first-aid and treatment skills reset from zoning).

I then put my biomech armor all back on, so that my first-aid and treatment were boosted by the armor stats. I used a QL 80 speed stim with a requirement of 387 first-aid... I had 388 with the biomech first-aid boosts. The stim worked successfully. I then zoned, looked at my stats (first-aid went back down to 357), and tried another QL 80 speed stim, and was denied saying that I needed 387 skill in first-aid. The screenshot of the text from my stim experiment can be found here.

I'd at least like to get confirmation from Funcom that they have identified this bug, so that it can eventually make it on the todo list. This bug has existed since at least September (when I could first start wearing biomech), if not since day one, and I have yet to see any mention about it from Funcom.
    Doctor Valen, Omni Medic
    Keeper Mezathras

PLEASE, I'm begging you fix this =P.

My experience is the exact same as Valen's...its not just a visual problem...it actually does not add any treatment/first aid after you zone.

-Fed (aka Yense)

My meta wears biomech. The treatment would be nice! Gives about the same as a med-suit (if it worked).
    Babette, Frenetic, Misophist, Yardleigh.
    "I am the queen of France!!!"

Rejected.
    Ah, L'Amour!
    Bitter Films