Thread: OMNI-HQ EMPLOYEE FOUND PERMA-KILLED

Exclamation OMNI-HQ EMPLOYEE FOUND PERMA-KILLED

I had read the recent public warning about this Demoneyes character. Now my insight into this was limited, I had seen him several times in Omni-1, and heard the stories, but never chalked them up to any kind of realistc view, until now.

We all have heard the stories, even the latest, that Omni-HQ has issued a 10 million credit bounty on this Demoneyes, and the guy that sent out that message was the one working with Deuscloud, Arakiba. The buzz around Omni-1 was quickly hightening with this reward and this investigation. Attacks on employees had begun again, and this Arakiba had seemed to be at the helm of the investigation, to make certain Demoneyes was captured, or killed. That has all changed my friends, and for the worse!

As I was exiting one of the backyards in Omni-1 yesterday, running my way through the sewers, when I saw a body, lying there on the ground in front of me, not moving, not fading, not getting up. I started to make my way to the body, as I was heading towards it, a figure was heading away, too far for me to identify.

As I approached the body, I saw that it was literally disolving at a rapid rate, into some kind of greenish ooze. I flipped it over and saw that it was a nano-male, cloaked in special ops wear. I scanned the body for identification and in a shocking instant, my com beeped the following name:
    Agent Chadwick "Arakiba" Vein

I nearly fell backwards in fear. The air suddenly became alot colder, and things began to get darker, and this hissing sound flooded the air. I got up and ran to the nearest public facility, Rompas, screaming for a doctor to come and help. This was to no avail, and only found another employee like myself, who wished to be brought to the scene.

I brought him there, but by the time we had arrived, the body had disolved, and there was nothing left. I ran a quick scan on the Agent's information, and my com produced the following result:
    Name: Agent Chadwick Arikaba Vein: Unknown, no record on file:

I gasped. He no longer existed. Like he never was alive to begin with. In a flas he was forgotten, killed by whatever monster is lurking in the streets of Omni-1.

Ladies and gentlemen, be on guard! These shadows that this Demoneyes talks about, this force whatever it is, seems to be claiming the lives of many Omni-employees, permanently. I for one hope that with this recent death of a HQ employee, that Omni-Pol or any higher ups will get to the bottom of this, before another innocent life is lost, and erased.

The night had fallen over the town, a starlit and hot summer night, even there in the weather-controlled South. Standing in front of the high window, unmoving, the woman was staring at the huge moon, fixedly, while behind her, on the holo-display, the daily Gridfeed was being repeated again - or rather, part of it, a specific message only. She was simply listening, although it was the third time now. When the message came to an end, her voice snapped in the silence of the room:

"Repeat."

She was still young, too young, maybe, for the rank she now had, but her features were hard and determined, marked by the weight of anger and betrayal, and the more she listened to the message, the harder her expression was becoming, months of despair and sadness suddenly thrown back in her face again. Events were moving again; but this time, she refused to be a mere pawn. This time, Jen Markarian would strike back twice as hard as she would be hit, without any mercy, without even blinking.

Her mouth briefly twisted in a grimace of disgust and anger, as the voice of the man known as "Wraithbearer" was being heard again in the room. "...Damon", she whispered between her gritted teeth, her gaze hardening even more, if this was still possible, as the list of victims was once again lengthening, like a dreadful litany... fallen to their death, or fallen to his tricks. Alamexis. Lesentia. Suznahh. Arijiki. Doncarnage. Blackpetal. Tisantous.

Raquel and herself, too. The first and the last. The one through whom all had begun, and the one who had sworn to put an end to all of this.

Too many, already. And yet... yet now, he was looking for new... followers?... She could hear the voice in her head, shaking with anger and rage too, the presence that was haunting her forever, the dark companion of these endless nights, the friend, father and brother she had never had when she was younger. "I brought him bacK. I am the fault. If you need help... I'll kill for you, love. Just give the name, and I'll kill for you."

But Jen simply shook her head. She would give the man the benefit of the doubt. Once, only once. And if he persisted... she would show him how much he was mistaken when he thought she would obey like a mere puppet.

"Damon Clyburn", she said again, and her voice was like a sharp dagger thrown through a heart, echoing the fury in her heart, the turmoil in her mind, and the slow, sickening ballet of shadows crawling on the walls. Human, still too human to her liking, yet dreaming of shadows, her senses now sharpened by the fates that had hit her, so many months ago. She thought to Raquel. To her recent discussions. To the decisions they both could have to make. And she clenched her fists again, as she had done numerous times since she had read the reports which numbers were growing at an alarming rate.

Damon!

"Now yer ass is personnally mine..."
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

**beep... beep... beep...**

Lem slowly rolled over in the bed, looking over to her com. 'Don't tell me...' she hit the bed out of weariness. The message was marked from "IS - Loria". "Great, nothing like a trip through the sewers at... what time is it?" she looked over and read the time - 2:39 am. She hit the bed again, wishing she could just ignore the message and head back to sleep. Getting dressed, she pulled out her weapon from under the bed and headed to the Sewer Entrance.

The trip through the city was un-eventful. She was thankful for that, having no one around at such an early hour. Climbing down into the lower passages, she thumbed one of the side-walls and waited. Within a couple moments, the panel opened up and she stepped through into the interior of the Immediate Solution.

"Enter." Director Loria spoke out from behind his desk when she knocked.

"So what is the reason for calling me at such an early hour?"

"Quiet Lem. It hasn't been a good night for me either." he looked up to her and she knew he was right. His eyes were bloodshot, and she could tell he has had even less sleep than her, if he had any at all.

"Sorry Sir." she apologized quickly, sitting down across from his desk into a chair.

"I'll make this short. I need you to write a report for me."

Lem probably would have laughed at such a suggestion if she wasn't so upset. "My Editor wouldn't like me writing something without his permission."

"You're young. Get scolded, I don't care. You won't be fired."

"Sure you don't care, but this is my job we're talking about."

"Lem, I got no time for your attitude. Either shut up or leave." she lowered her head and bit down on her lower lip to not say anything. "Better. Now, I need to know as much as you can find out about a Damon Clyburn."

"'Demoneyes' you mean?"

Loria smiled. "Yes, I thought you had read about that."

"We were about to run a story on him. The Omni-Herald had thought about writing on it, but said they do not do 'ghost stories'."

"Well, whether he is a ghost or not is still up for debate."

"What do you know of him?"

"All we know is there are two Omni-Tek employees missing. Clyburn himself and a Chadwick "Arakiba" Vein. According to an eye-witness, Augustus "Wraithbearer" Wittbrodt, Vein was found mysteriously murdered. I would recommend you try to find him first."

"Pretty big bounty for someone that you don't even know exists or not..."

"I personally don't buy into these myths. However, Director Sergeyitch believes that this could either be a new secret weapon developed by the Terrorists of Rubi-Ka... those Clanners..."

"Or just a murderer on the loose?"

"Could be yes. Director Zhen is also launching an investigation into this, I would suggest you steer clear of her path. If it is just a murderer, deal with it. If it's some new weapon..."

"Steal it. Correct?"

"Or destroy it. Sergeyitch already has told me that it's better for neither side to have it than for the Clanners to."

"Understood Sir."

"Just don't go looking for him yourself. No need to attract un-wanted attention onto ourselves."
    Ylemae (6-10? years old):
    "Lemmy" (True name: Jiselle Waldram)
    Jennifer Matusz - Daughter to Don "Doncarnage" Matusz

Chelle "Crysallys" Dinnen (14 years old)
    Hayley Dinnen's Daughter
    Growth Accelerated as a Baby
    Born Dec 25, 29476 RST
    Trainee in Vector Blue

<(

Moved

)>
    Last edited by Chelle / Ylemae; Jul 26th, 2003 at 05:44:05.
    Ylemae (6-10? years old):
    "Lemmy" (True name: Jiselle Waldram)
    Jennifer Matusz - Daughter to Don "Doncarnage" Matusz

Chelle "Crysallys" Dinnen (14 years old)
    Hayley Dinnen's Daughter
    Growth Accelerated as a Baby
    Born Dec 25, 29476 RST
    Trainee in Vector Blue

Tua looked out the window of his office in the Omni-1 sewers, a throng of people seemed to gather near one of the old backyards. He sucked in the smoke of his cigarette thinking to himself 'no one comes to the sewers at night unless they want to get some illegal stims or are like me and are too poor to live in Rome. So why all the traffic now at this late at night?'. Tua got as his answer as three Omni-Pol squad yalms flew past his window, lights and sirens blaring, another perma-death of an omni official no doubt. Normal citizens wouldn't get this much attention, the sewers is where those too poor to insure come to die.
    Tua's secretary droid, an old bureaucratic assistant droid Tua bought out of the repoed section of the R.U.R. catalog to help handle his paperwork, began to hum. It had picked up something interesting over the police channels; a one Damon Clyburn was wanted in conection with what was happening right outside Tua's window. A nice bounty of ten million caught his attention.

"Perhaps I'll be able to actually by some food fir a chance if I can catch this guy." Said Tua to the droid that stared blankly back at him. He took the cigarette from his lips and extinguished it in an ashtray that already housed hundreds of other cigarette butts.

He holstered his dual Faithful’s and threw his inter-ops cloak over his shoulders, he looked around his office at the piles of dirty an papers. He pointed his finger at the droid "When I come back I want this place to be spotless."

The droid responded with a series of high pitched beeps and squeals.

"What do you mean IF I come back? I've dealt with more scarier things then this Demoneyes guy." Tua checked the magazines of his pistols real quick, empty as always, hopefully he'd be able to bluff his way through another shot out if one was to arise.