Thread: 14.2 and PvP

Angry 14.2 and PvP

PvP today aint as pretty as we all would like it to be, and to be honest, it doesnt look like it's gonna get any better.

The OE patch wont change much at higher levels, soldiers will still be able to swap into whatever weapon they like at lvl 140 aprox, although other professions might have to step down abit in weapon QL, just as it should be.

On the other hand Traders(who pretty much own in pvp if the trader know what to do), will only get better after the patch.

as Gaute posted Ransack/deprives will count towards OE, in other words when the trader opens up the combat you're pretty much done for. ransacks do have a resist chance of 190% but that doesnt help much as nanoresist have been broken since forever. deprives on the other hand is only 100%, as if that helps...

I'd just like to post a little thing that Gaute said in his last post regarding OE and IPR:
    10. Won't one de-buff completely kill pet users?

"A de-buff will affect the pet professions hard, yes, but it will also hit the direct-damage dealing nano-program and weapon users. So far, if a Trader de-buffs the Nano-Technician (NT), the NT should run for the exit or grid entrance. Now this is also true for some of the pet professions. "

When will FC hire someone who actually have PvP'ed sometime along their AO career? I mean, when you are attacked you can't Grid can you...

So the diversity in PvP will end the day 14.2 is released. We will have a bunch of traders hanging in mmd and 2ho.

According to Gaute The Bane of all NT's is supposed to be the MA(what a joke!), The bane of everyone is the trader... But who's the bane of the Trader?

Soldiers beeing the "master of ranged weapons" will be alittle more accurate after 14.2 patch since they will be the only ones able to equipp ql200 weapons at an early stage in their career without suffering the penalties. But does that realy matter when a trader with a ql150 shotgun and a lowlightscope does the 40% dmg cap in one shot anyways? I think not.

I honestly dont think FC meant for the Trader to be this uber in PVP.
    But the skill combination that the trader got is just SO suited for pvp.

None of the nano skills are Dark Blue.
    Runspeed is normal blue.
    Low light targeting scope skills are green
    shotgun skill light blue
    all dodge skills normal blue
    comp.lit light blue

And the fact that every nano they cast in combat benefits them makes them just UBER(heals, drains, ac, etc etc etc)
    The fact that you could equipp ql200 low lights without even a skillcheck earlier doesnt make things better either. Hopefully that will be solved when IPR comes into play, when you have to strip down to your underwear just to reset skills

Ofcourse the easiest solution to this problem is just to half nanos in PvP like the NT is restricted.
    Half Healing, half drains, half everything!

For the sake of PvP, for the sake of fiversity in pvp, get some people working on the issues at hand within reasonable amount of time!
    Set some classes up against eachother, Great! But dont set Traders Vs the rest!

Pvp for a trader must be just about as boring as it was for a NT pre 12.6(range XXX + yalm and max dmg ofcourse .)

A game is only fun aslong as it holds a challange
    -GridCore 120NT(DoA victim)

Re: 14.2 and PvP

Originally posted by GridCore
    Ofcourse the easiest solution to this problem is just to half nanos in PvP like the NT is restricted.
    Half Healing, half drains, half everything!
    half tremors and nanoshutdown time?

Power Overwhelming

Everyone worth spit knows Traders are incredibly overpowered. And yes, they will become more so in 2 patches. I don't see any inclination on Funcom's part to remedy the situation. Clearly they just made a change to make them even more uber in PvP and essential in parties. Just deal.

Here we go.

I'm not trying to flame Gaute, just to find out if he actually DOES PvP. My guess is NO.

A de-buff will affect the pet professions hard, yes, but it will also hit the direct-damage dealing nano-program and weapon users. So far, if a Trader de-buffs the Nano-Technician (NT), the NT should run for the exit or grid entrance. Now this is also true for some of the pet professions.
    ANYONE who PvPs knows that you CANNOT use the grid when you are attacked in PvP, and debuffed causes the same effect as being attacked.

Zing!
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Smile :)

Yeah, I thought that comment from Gaute was a good one, :-). I found that out the hard way the first time I sprinted for the Meetmedere access point.

Trader roots you.
    /me cannot use grid access in combat.
    Trader deprives you.
    /me casts controlled destruction.
    Trader roots you.
    Trader ransacks you.
    /me sits around for 20 seconds until Trader is good and ready.
    Trader fling shot you for 40% hp.
    Trader aimed shot you for 40% hp.
    /me heads upstairs to make some breakfast.
    Trader hits your for 20% hp.
    Fade to white.

Re: :)

Originally posted by Saille

/me heads upstairs to make some breakfast.
    Your kitchen is upstairs?

Upside Down

When I am downstairs on the computer it is, :-).