Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call for Ross to Step Down? Traitor or Patriot? Two Voices Heard - An OI Report

Call for Ross to Step Down? Traitor or Patriot? Two Voices Heard - An OI Report

Call for Ross to Step Down? Traitor or Patriot? Two Voices Heard

The Omni Inquisitor - IS Division
    Report By: Jacelyn "Lem" Waldram

February 30 29477 RST

CEO Ross once said, "I make my own calls when needed. The board doesn’t pretend to know all the ins and outs of what’s going on out here. But I follow the general directives of the company. And I never, ever abuse the power I’ve been given. If I did, they’d have my ass out of here in no time."

Recently one emploryee by the name of Trent "Trenty" Rezn0r has called this into question. "When I signed up with Omni-Tek I was told we were doing good, but now I've been told that Philip Ross is evil, therefore everything I do futhers evil aims." said Mr. Rezn0r recently.

Is this the voice of just one disgruntled employee? Or could it be more, the voice of the entire body of workers? How much merit does Mr. Rezn0r have when he calls for CEO Ross to step down from his position?

We at the Omni-Inquisitor was able to get a private interview with two individuals regarding this. The first is Malik "Kendric" Daken, President of the 'Band of Brothers', an organization to which Mr. Rezn0r belongs. However, the President Daken has been elusive to respond to some of the questions raised by Mr. Rezn0r even ending the interview early. Trying to hide something, President Daken? The second, Board Member of 'The Honored Maidens', Meta "Marishu" Durousseau, who was much more co-operative.

President Daken does not refute Mr. Rezn0r's claims that CEO Ross is indeed, evil. However, he does say he is "unsure", stating that "Mr. Ross could do more for Omni-Tek and not continue to play around with these outlaw clanners." He also states that "some actions are indeed questionable." Questionable by whom? Does an employee of Omni-Corp have the right to question their leaders? Is this the voice of a terrorist, or one seeking change for the better? President Daken does not believe that an independant zone could exist on Rubi-Ka and to do so would "serve terrorism". Yet, when asked about Mr. Rezn0r directly, all he would say is that he believes Mr. Rezn0r is "mis-understood". When further questioned, we were interrupted by one of President Daken's Generals and the interview was cut short. The reason we at the OI was given is his presence was needed on the fields of combat against the Rebel Clans. Against? Or planning with? There is so much to answer for President Daken and Mr. Rezn0r as well...

Board Member Durousseau found ample time to talk with us about the situation. Does an employee have the right t question their leaders? "Employees have the right to express their opinion, but we need to remember that we are here on Rubi-Ka for one reason alone: to maintain a constant flow of high quality Notum to the galaxy and thereby improve shareholder value." she stated. "The CEO has been chastised in the past by Omni Prime for his words, but he's still runing the mining operations here on Rubi-Ka." Is CEO Ross evil? "CEO Ross brought this planet the closest it has been to a lasting peace since the start of the conflict with the Clans. I hardly see this as the actions of an evil man." Yes indeed. How could a man who works so hard for the better of all be seen as evil? The youngest ever CEO and he has earned his stripes through past actions. War costs can be great, and fighting a fourth Civil War over Notum to prevent others from mining could be considered un-productive could it not? "The economic laws that govern say otherwise. Omni-Tek has the economy of scale advantage. Mutiple small units are inefficent in labor and capital, decreacing the bottom line, damaging shareholder value of the small corporations, and driving costs upward. Mutiple small corporations would lead to rocketing Notum prices and diminished returns. This is not advantagous to anyone. Increaced efficiency leads to increased profits, and improves shareholder value. An efficient Monopoly is not a bad thing, dispite what anti-corporate elements might say."

Upon further inquiry, Ms. Durousseau stated that such an employee's words should not even be given a second thought. "I'd be surprised if anyone higher than a staffer in a cubicle with a form letter bot should do it." A non-issue, so she says. Though with the Civil War being fought, can we afford such words and let the disgruntled grow? President Daken could not refute Mr. Rezn0r's words, and though he denies they are sentimens of the 'Band of Brothers' as a whole... how can we be sure? How many has Mr. Rezn0r corrupted? Is this the work of a Patriot trying to reform the business in which he works or is it the work of a secret plot planned by Terrorist Rebel Clans? Do we even know if Mr. Rezn0r and his 'Band of Brothers' have not gone to the Clans already? You decide, but we here at the Inquisitor asks you to decide quickly, for the betterment of all Rubi-Ka.

Below is a complete transmission of both interviews conducted by IS Employee and Writer to the Inquisitor Jacelyn "Lem" Waldram

President Malik "Kendric" Daken
    "Good evening President Daken, I am from the Omni-Inquisitor. Lately, an applicant to the Band of Brothers, one known as Trent “Trenty” Rezn0r, has gone public calling for Philip Ross, CEO of Omni-Corp here on Rubi-Ka, to step down from his position stating that CEO Ross has done questionable activities. Does the rest of the Band of Brothers share this stand-point?"

"I would imagine that not all of Band of Brothers would agree on that. However, some actions are indeed questionable."

"Mr. Rezn0r states, and I quote: “Now that I’ve been told that Philip Ross is evil, therefore everything I do furthers evil’ aims.” – unquote. Is CEO Ross ‘evil’?"

"To that question – I am unsure. What is your opinion of them then?"

"I believe – and I speak for myself – that Mr. Ross could do more for Omni-Tek and not continue to play around with these outlaw clanners."

"Ah, I am glad you brought that up. Let me get your opinion on something else Mr. Rezn0r has stated. I quote: “Maybe I should just apply for a lease with ICC for some of the used areas, start my own corporation to mine notum, and create a positive peace-through-force loving community that is terrorism free.” First, would you support such an action? Secondly, do you think a non-terrorist zone could exist through a peace-by-force policy?"

"No – I do not believe an OT independent zone would work out – and please repeat the second part to the question. Also, we all must take a firm stance on terrorist activity."

"Hm… well, I was wondering if you think that a zone whose governship policy was to create peace by using force would prevent terrorist’s activities due to the fact that they may feel subdued?"

"I believe an independent zone would serve terrorism. Thus – should not be allowed."

"So then, would I be correct to say, Mr. Rezn0r’s views, in your opinion, are false?"

"I think he is… 'mis-understood'."

"Explain if you could. In fact, if you could tell me your opinion on Mr. Rezn0r that would be helpful. Some believe him to be a possible terrorist himself, as resentment leads to violent actions. Though, he has said that he would not goto any of the clans yet later said what I told you before, his wish to start his own mining corporation."
    End of Interview, ended suddenly upon asking about Trent "Trenty" Rezn0r
    Last edited by Chelle / Ylemae; Jul 24th, 2003 at 14:03:00.

Board Member Meta "Marishu" Durousseau
    “Well... I appreciate your words. Hopefully they can shed light on a recent event as of late.”

“Certainly. Anything I can do to help.”

“We at the Inquisitor appreciate it. Now to the point... You have recently been recorded by Omni-Tek scanners as stating, and I quote: "However, the comment of 'we are about to be cast as evil and clans as good' disturbs me." Could you clarify?”

“I'm disturbed by any comment that portrays the Corporation in a negative light, especially by corporate employees...”

“But do you not think they have a right to voice their disagreements? Or should such speech be received as treason against the corporation?”

“Employees have the right to express their opinion, but we need to remember that we are here on Rubi-Ka for one reason alone: to maintain a constant flow of high quality Notum to the galaxy and thereby improve shareholder value. This is not an evil thing, improving corporate value and providing a high quality product.”

“Yes. But is CEO Ross the man to lead Omni-Corp at Rubi-Ka? An employee named Trent "Trenty" Rezn0r has stated that CEO Ross is an evil man, and any further actions on his part in favor of CEO Ross only favors evil's aim. What are your thoughts on this?”

“CEO Ross brought this planet the closest it has been to a lasting peace since the start of the conflict with the Clans. I hardly see this as the actions of an evil man.”

“Now, on the idea of supporting his "evil" agenda... I fail to see how providing high quality notum to a universe that is economically dependant on it to be evil. I see cutting the supply as an evil act, actually.”

“Yes, you have even stated, and I quote: "Philip Ross has done nothing worthy of recall. He has led the Rubi-Ka division in unprecedented growth, brought the planet the closest it has been to peace in two hundred and seventy years, and more importantly shareholder value has grown under his watch."

Marisha nods.

“But what of the others that would seek independent corporations from Omni-Corp here on Rubi-Ka? Would they hinder the growth of Notum mining, or allow more productivity? The clans state that more smaller companies could make this planet better off than one 'giant'... so-to speak.”

“The economic laws that govern say otherwise. Omni-Tek has the economy of scale advantage. Multiple small units are inefficient in labor and capital, decreasing the bottom line, damaging shareholder value of the small corporations, and driving costs upward.
    Multiple small corporations would lead to rocketing Notum prices and diminished returns. This is not advantageous to anyone.”

“CEO Ross has gone on record stating that the only concern of the company should be the Notum, the safety of our employees, and securing a longer lease. So you feel that the Corporate Monopoly on this planet is justified because by having one Corporation in control you yield maximum efficiency?”

“Increased efficiency leads to increased profits, and improves shareholder value. An efficient Monopoly is not a bad thing, despite what anti-corporate elements might say.”

“Yet, with total control, leads to unrest. The 'anti-corporate' state that they are mistreated by Omni-Corp and therefore demand rights to the planet. These demands are... ridiculous? Would you say?”

“I wouldn't go that far. The clans will play an important roll in the future of this planet, if the lease is not extended and the planet is turned over to a civilian government....”

“How would that government be run? Mr. Rezn0r states that he would have a policy of 'peace-through-force'. Do you agree?”

“Ideally, I would envision a new Council of Truth arising from the ashes of the old, a new Tir Treaty being formed, and the new clan government working with Omni-Tek to remove Radical Clans from mining installations.”

“Ideally, this could be done through negotiation. Force is unfortunately all some Radical Clans can understand.”

“I noticed you are a Board Member for an organization named 'The Honored Maidens'. Would you look to be a leading force within this new, Council of Truth?”

“I believe I may have been misunderstood. I would like to see a new Clan government arise, one that the corporation could negotiate with...”

“But what of the remnants of Omni-Corp? Are you saying you would like to see these two factions reach common ground and lead the planet to new-found prosperity?”

“The remnants of OT-RK? Until the lease expires in years, we will remain a force here. We've invested too much in this world, were not going anywhere. But yes, the attrition of combat on a world that defies all standard definitions of what a war entails only serves to hurt productivity. Peace with the Clans would mean explosive corporate earnings.”

“However, the Radical Clans want none of this, and force must be used, until one side no longer has the will to fight.”

“Will the Maidens continue to battle the Clans until such a time does occur? And what then, will you look towards building a new future or something else?”

“The objective of The Honored Maidens is to enforce the governing will of CEO Ross for the betterment of Rubi-Ka and the corporation as a whole. Ideally, I would like to see a time when my services as War Dominatrix are no longer needed. At that point, I will gladly step down and go where the corporation needs me the most, and my skills can be used.”

“Until such time, we will continue to fight the Radical Clans that oppose order.”

“On another point, have you ever come into contact with Mr. Trent "Trenty" Rezn0r and or the Band of Brothers? If so, what are your thoughts on him and or the organization as a whole?”

“I believe I saw him one day over by the Grid term here in Rome. I've personally never had any close dealings with either him or his Organization. I was on my way to a nest of Clanners, so I didn't have time to say hello.”

“President Malik "Kendric" Daken of the Band of Brothers has recently stated that he is "unsure" of whether CEO Ross is evil or not. He says that the CEO could do more for "Omni-Tek and not continue to play around with these outlaw clanners." What are your thoughts on this?”

“I believe he was making reference to the chess match that was taped and transmitted during the amnesty. It seems unimportant and flippant, but... I don't understand the game well, but understand that it reveals a lot of the personality. This was an important moment in diplomacy, not a waste of time.”

“Please continue.”

“Both sides were discovering important elements of the others personality, and how to manipulate them. Beyond that, at the time, Radiman was not an outlaw. President Dakens comment seems unjustified.”

“Would you consider such a position of a possibility in seeing CEO Ross as being evil treasonous to Omni-Corp?”

“If he was taking action to halt the flow of Notum, or disobey a direct order from Omni Prime to step down from power.”

“But words alone are not enough?”

“The CEO has been chastised in the past by Omni Prime for his words, but he's still running the mining operations here on Rubi-Ka.”

“If you were CEO Ross, how would you respond to Mr. Rezn0r's words to step down as CEO here on Rubi-Ka?”

Marisha raises an eyebrow.

Ylemmae shrugs

“I’m just saying what Mr. Rezn0r has been seen as saying...”

“If I was the CEO-RK? I would want a staffer to write a response to him, and annotate his file. Ideally, I would not even know. I would have more important things to worry about than one disgruntled employee.”

“Would you think it a job more suited for Director of Rubi-Ka Operations, Mister Ivan Sergeyitch? Or Deputy Director of Internal Services, May Zhen?”

“Perhaps Director Zhen... Though I'd be surprised if anyone higher than a staffer in a cubicle with a form letter bot should do it. A good question, though.”

“So you dismiss this as a non-issue, even with the growing rebel forces?”

“If it was a non-issue, I wouldn't have responded. I find it unfortunate that an employee is so disgruntled with the corporate leadership. Keeping the employees motivated to continue working to ensure an orderly flow of Notum was my only goal. This is how I chose to fight the growing rebel forces, in my own small way.”

Ylemmae nods to Marisha.

“Well, thank you Ms. Durousseau. I am much appreciative, and we at the Omni-Inquisitor thank you."
    End of Interview

Durousseau is absolutely correct with her "efficient monopoly" theory. People like this "Trenty" person lead me to believe that they are interested only in taking from Omni-Tek what rightfully belongs to it in order to advance their own interests. While we at Devil's Advocate have never pretended to be interested in anything but profit and do some "moonlighting" during offwork hours, we do not condone reaping that profit at the expense of the corporation.

What is Trenty's motive? Unrest in the corporation to make his own movements less noticable? Climbing the corporate ladder? If the ladder is it, are there higher-ups who are helping him? Is he being manipulated by these higher-ups and is just an unwitting participant? The Band of Brothers is a frighteningly large organization - are they preparing for something treasonous by building an army?

Nevver puzzles and puzzles, till her puzzler is sore.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Bloody Fools.
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

Do you question us?

My name is Jeffe and I am a General and a Soldier for Band of Brothers. We have all ways supported and will continue to support Omni-Tek. We (Band of Brothers) have been here through the good times and the bad and will continue to show our support of Omni-Tek. We have grown over time but for one reason to better our selfs and Omni-Tek.

My only question is where is Phil Ross been? We all work hard for the company and continue to do so. So if you see him or get an interview with him let us know.

As a loyal employee to Omni-Tek you should not question our leaders actions. If we do not know what Philip Ross is up to and we are Omni-Tek then is that not a good thing, because the clans will not know either.

Treason is an arrestable offence, I suggest that you tread lightly and choose your words carefully.

Dont question our leaders actions, trust them.

- Tikon

Long standing serving Citizen to Omni-Tek
    Tikon - Forever an MP. Rest in peace my dear old friend.

Remember, Life is a Journey, Not a Destination, So enjoy the ride..

Our Leader ye say? I would like to see that bloody fool do anything correctly. I lost allot of my men too that greedy bastard when fighting the rebels. He cares about nothing cept his personal wealth. I would shoot him ma'self if I ever came close enough.. Bloody Beruacrats.
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

From the desk of Administrator Houston,
    Public Memo: Be wary of the call for treason.

All Omni-Tek employees should be warned that any challenge to Phillip Ross' authority as CEO of Omni-Tek of Rubi-Ka(OTRK) may be considered as an act of treason. 'Threats' to internal security will not be tolerated and will be delt with. This is especially true in light of the growing tensions with the clans. It is important that we as employees stick together in unity, not point fingers to divide.

It is not the place for employees from the lower eschelons to question the decisions of upper management. Their job is to run the corporation on Rubi-Ka. Your job is to keep to your job descriptions be it security, research, notum mining, manufacturing, defensive forces, etc. Judgements of value have no place there.

Work hard, get paid, be grateful.

Sincearly,
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a little treason. It would be a great excuse to try a good, old fashioned stoning just like my grandmother, "Batch 962643," used to have back in her day.
    Last edited by Nevver; Jul 24th, 2003 at 22:07:06.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Wait... maybe she was talking about grinding Giant Pollen into flour using a stone so she could bake with it...

Whatever, it's the same thing - as long as I get to throw rocks at somebody.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Tell that to ma fallen Comrades will ya Kithrak? They died fighting for Ross an his bloody Notum War. And for what? So Ross could keep himself warm in HQ for another year? He yappered about peace when we were getting slaughtered by the Dusters shows what a leader was he don't it? Personally I woulda just nuked thoose bloody traitors long ago but then again I guess Ross can't due to them being his biggest money cows.

The corruption within Omni-Tek is massive the days of Corrupted officers are long gone now the very board conspire with Clan and Neutral terrorists, With people who daily take Omni lives just so they can fill their pockets with more blood money. I for one wont stand for this hypocracy. It's time for a change if Ross aint the man to do it someone else will have to.

Hmm, you can't have it both ways, boys and girls. If you can't vote out Ross becasue OT is a company and not a nation, then by the same token you can't accuse dissatisfied employees of treason. That is just common sense.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Omni-Tek is a faction and a corporation, as a self sufficient corporation it is up to Omni-Tek security forces to quell any unrest amongst the employees.

If employees carry out acts of treason, then they are no better than the clans. All acts of treason amongst the general populace will be dealt with severely.
    Tikon - Forever an MP. Rest in peace my dear old friend.

Remember, Life is a Journey, Not a Destination, So enjoy the ride..

Originally posted by Savoy
    Hmm, you can't have it both ways, boys and girls. If you can't vote out Ross becasue OT is a company and not a nation, then by the same token you can't accuse dissatisfied employees of treason. That is just common sense.
    Depends on how strictly you define treason. Many multi-generational contractual emplyees view the corporation as a nation state in it's own right. To the non-coproprate it's just employee disloyality (granted, serious disloyality), but to us, it's high crimes and treason.

Legaly, I beleive the proper term is "Willfull Disobediance of the Corporate Agenda." This is, after all, what Joseph Aberic Capo was charged with after the assination attempt on Henry Radiman.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

In my opinion, Mr. Capo should have been given a promotion for that. But, I suppose that "Willfull Disobediance of the Corporate Agenda" works since he blundered it.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Loyalty.....

Society is produced by our wants, and government by our wickedness.
    Psychology: The science of inventing words for things that do not exist.

I just wanna bash stuff's wid my big big big slhedgeammer !!

I dont wheely care who it's thor, or whot the reasen is thor bashin stuff's, i jus' wanna bash !

I lhike macking armoor too!

Mee !

I do believe that Mr. Ross has done what he thought best for Omni-tek and it's employees on Rubi-Ka. I believe he geniunely wants peace with the Clans and to co-exist.

However, what you must realise is that Mr. Ross is insignificant. Omni-tek is insignificant. The Clans are insignificant.

The true masters are coming. I have seen them. They will grant us power beyond our comprehension and all who oppose will be annihilated.

With them we shall be led to an age of englithenment and gain technology and knowledge millions of years ahead of anything we know.

Wether Phillp Ross stays or leaves matters not, Rubi-Ka is no longer his to govern.

- Gestava Drake
    Prophet of His Divine Shadow

I will repeat once again that any direct attempts by Omni-Tek employees to remove or harm current CEO Phillip Ross for Omni-Tek of Rubi-Ka may be viewed as an act of treason. All loyal employees are asked to please report to the nearest Omni-Admin or InternOps field office should you come accross knowledge of such groups. Your name will be confidential and you will be doing your part to help the company.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast