Thread: Resident Evil The Movie

Thumbs up Resident Evil The Movie

First in line to see it at the first showing today at 12:05.

My opinion: So far best video game to movie transformation. It was good enough to not even have to carry the franchise name. Just like another chapter of the involving games
    Jamie "Kamaekazae" Rage
    [Enforcer] - [Atrox] - [Rubi-Ka 1]

Rage - Is it in you?
    So excited that i kicked my mom RIGHT IN THE FACE!

Achiever 73% - Killer 66% - Socializer 46% - Explorer 13%

hmmmm....

Went and saw it last night and really wasn't that impressed with it. Then again, I really only went to see Milla and Michelle because I like both of them as actresses. The effects were cool, although I thought maybe more footage with the Red Queen hologram would have been cooler.

I've never actually played the Resident Evil series of games simply because I'm a strict RPG person, and they just never appealed to me. It was good for the scare factor - they really used sound and editing to freak you out. Plus the elevator scene in the beginning of the movie made me seriously jump in my seat. Otherwise - it was ok.

Today I'm going to see Ice Age. I'm really looking forward to that.

yea but RE isnt centered around evil comps...but Zombies, Umbrella and REAALLLLY BAD STD's
    Long live the metal
    Death to OT SCUM!!
    Member of the Mercury Dragons
    Divillian

The comp wasn't evil...

The Red Queen wasn't evil - she was trying to contain a deadly virus. Maybe if they'd left her alone everyone wouldn't have turned into Zombies.

Then again, that wouldn't have made for a very good game OR a good movie.

Cool

I thought the effects were good and the acting was ok. I really enjoyed it alot more than I thought I would. Plus the scenes of the heroin scantily clad were worth the price of admission all by themselves.
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

I like the ending very much. It grealy reassemly the starting of Resident Evil 2.

Yeah, the movie was pretty good.

Better than what I expected.

I didn't like that they were a bunch of people running around all the time though, it should have been like the games where you are on your own most of the time.

It's a little more scary that way I think.
    Rippler - Legend

Mils'a legs wooooooohooooooooooooooo.......Although Jerry Ryan could have been naked.
    Don't worry , you're a clanner, those fealings of inadequacy are perfectley normal. They will pass with your death.

It is only our insecurity that makes us competitive and we search for security in other peoples recognition. We will not stop being who we really are, just because we are "better" then others.

Why do you think so many Fish & Game officers and park rangers are wearing cammies and toting m-16's? It ain't cause bambi's gone gorilla.(quote given in referance to current state of poaching in the US)

I really liked the movie, thought the scene with the laser was a blatent rip off of the film "the cube" (which I recommend to anyone who likes well thought out films and doesnt mind a lack of huge special effects )

Over all it was a good movie, and stood well on its own, as I have never played the game (tho I am temted to after seeing it)

hugs all

lilnymph

edit because I cant spell
    Last edited by lilnymph; May 27th, 2002 at 11:22:50.
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Saw it - and fell asleep.

About the scary part, well, seeing someone install windows xp is way more scarier.

I also really liked the movie, haven't played the games, and want to play them now that I've seen the movie. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this happened right before the first game, right? Some great foreshadowing at the end, and the final sequence was killer.

If you didn't like it... what the hell were you expecting? This ain't Shakespeare, people! It's a zombie flick, and expecting anything else is your fault, not the movie's.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Woudln't it be REALLY COOL if AO missions were like resident evil lol. Fixers needing to break computer terminals lasers , planning escape routes nevermind just the atmostphere is enough : )