Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Liberté Fatal

Originally posted by Gabro
    It's too early for a complete democratic Clan government. One reason being that the war is still on going. Once the war is over what splits the Clans will be no more: How to fight Omni-Tek. Only then can a true democratic government work and prosper for the Clans. Right now when the time comes we unite as one to fight Omni-Tek. Just as we have done in the past and continue to do so, quite successfully as well. Seems the only time were not united is personal matters or matters of government. Every time the debate for peace and war splits Clans in two, which ultimately led to the downfall of CoT. So Quool your right about crushing the opposition, crushing it by finishing the war if it can ever be achieved.
    There was peace on Rubi-Ka from July 04 29223 to May 17 29374. 151 years! How long do you need to form a democracy? There was also peace between 29398 and 29458, Omni-Tek and the Clans even fought off an invasion together during this time, another 60 years.

Also wars are not limited to governments, states, and nations. Wars are everywhere, it's the human condition. Whether it be a cultural, militant, or private war, it's all the same. What we have here on Rubi-Ka is a civil war. Rubi-Ka is our nation, our home. Omni-Tek, Neutral, and Clan territories are the "three provinces" in which this war is fought. There is a fine line between terrorism and war because both spawn terror and fear in the hearts of soldiers and civilians. This is where Omni-Tek employees misunderstand terrorism. Attacks on military targets were still called terrorism when CoT was around were they not?
    Although the term "war" can be used to describe any concerted effort to end an unacceptable situation, an "act of war" can only be performed by some form of "government". It was a clanner that referred to the current Notum Wars as the 4th civil war, although I am not sure how it can be considered civil, since the clans effectively gained independance on July 04 29223. The acts of terrorism that occurred while the CoT was around were called that because they were not "acts of war", the 2 "governments" were not hostile to one another at the time and war had not been "declared".

So it doesn't matter if there is an official government or not, to Omni-Tek all aggressive actions are "terrorism". Im not going to act like this is a surprise because all rebels in history have been looked upon as "scum", "traitors", “vermin” and "terrorists" by the loyalists.
    All aggressive actions are not considered terrorism. October 12 29209 was not terrorism. Execution would probably be considered a war crime though. There are several other examples of military action by the clans, the distinction in the timeline is clear.

"One man's Terrorists is another man's Freedom Fighter"
    Unfortunately, the clans are no longer fighting for freedom. In 29458 the CoT let Omni-Tek open some mines. What was the CoT's concerns? Working conditions? No. Workplace safety? No. Slavery? No. Effect on the environment? No. Getting a "piece of the action"? Yes.

This current conflict, the "Notum Wars", is only about resources. Who is responsible for this resource, and what is the best way to manage it?
    Max "Quool" Marsalis

It has been interesting to see where this "conversation" is going.
    I personally came to Rubi-Ka just two days ago and I'm perfectly clear about the contract I signed when I joined OT. It's a job for me and if I do my work well in OT they'll reward me for it. I got my entertainment and hobbies in Rome and I'm prefectly happy about my life.

I'll be damned if someone tries to take that away from me! I got nothing personal against the clans, YET. So let's keep it that way. You stay on your side of border and I'll stay on mine.

As it has been pointed OT is a corporation. Our main consern is to make money and profit, but that's how corporations work. To me all willing targets who want to join clans, because of ones free will, are ok. Any forced "converting" is unacceptable. That's about how I see things so it's OT for me all the way.

((Sorry about bad english if there's some. It isn't my native language.))

-Risto "Byrokki" Jylha
    Level 7 Bureocrat
    Proud lower-class executive officeworker
    *Hamaru -Shade
    *Armoton -Agent

Thumbs up

Don't care what anyone says... i fight for the freedom. Peace isnt out of the question.... I would love peace and stop all the fighting.. We would both win in the end
    Monayshot
    220 Fixer AL: 28

Coxtrox
    220 Soldier AL: 27 (Permanent Vacation)

!

True Patriot
    Psychology: The science of inventing words for things that do not exist.

Originally posted by Peter Cox North
    Don't care what anyone says... i fight for the freedom. Peace isnt out of the question.... I would love peace and stop all the fighting.. We would both win in the end
    That's all it comes down to.
    Gabro ,
    A Member of Lost Chapter
    Level 200 Bureaucrat RK1

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345