Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Liberté Fatal

Liberté Fatal

Omni-Tek came first... for the miners, and I didn't speak
    up because I wasn't a miner. Then they came for the anarchists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't an anarchist.
    Then they came for the neutrals, and I didn't speak up because
    I was a Clanner. Then they came for me, and by that time no
    one was left to speak up.

Fight for freedom. Fight for the people. Fight for the clans.

Just dont do nothing....Evil always triumphs, because good people do nothing.
    Last edited by SideSlip; Jul 23rd, 2003 at 08:33:23.
    Psychology: The science of inventing words for things that do not exist.

Clans came first... for the notum, and Omni-Tek destroyed the ships used to transport it off Rubi-Ka. Then they came for the land, and Omni-Tek sent additional troops to fight back the expansionists. Then they came for the control towers, and many of my colleagues assisted in the defense with me. Then they came for me, and I had many friends to help defend me.

Fight for freedom to work for an employer of your own choice. Fight for the people's right to own stock in a corporation without that corporation's property being stolen. Fight for Omni.

Omni is an example of good people working together to prevent the triumph of evil.
    Max "Quool" Marsalis

Quool you forgot one thing about fighting for Omni-Tek:

"Fight for the right to be a slave and your whole life controlled by a piece of paper in some Bureaucrat's desk."

Or you can join the Clans and fight for the right to persue your dreams and your true destiny, which is true freedom. I know that I don't have peoples lives stored in my desk...When Omni started looking at people as numbers and credits is when the sprit of Clans began, sprit of freedom. So SpaceBebop is correct, Omni came first.

Join the Clans and conquer your dreams, not someone elses.
    Gabro ,
    A Member of Lost Chapter
    Level 200 Bureaucrat RK1

Originally posted by Gabro
    "Fight for the right to be a slave and your whole life controlled by a piece of paper in some Bureaucrat's desk."

Or you can join the Clans and fight for the right to persue your dreams and your true destiny, which is true freedom.
    I'm a slave, yet I have a choice to join the Clans? I didn't know that slaves have choices. Apparently I'm not a slave since I had a choice and I chose my true destiny and used my true freedom to work for Omni-Tek.

When Omni started looking at people as numbers and credits is when the sprit of Clans began, sprit of freedom. So SpaceBebop is correct, Omni came first.
    Yes, Omni came first and is the legal holder of the lease. The Clans,in their pursuit of credits decided to move in and steal what is not theirs.

Join the Clans and conquer your dreams, not someone elses.
    Join the Clans and conquer and steal someone else's dream rather than create your own.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´Ż`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Oh please, not another demagogue trying to persuade the world that the Clans can somehow claim the moral highground.

The Clans are as guilty as Omni Tekfor perpetuating a conflict that lost all meaning decades ago. Clan fight to protect their families, friends, property and way of life. Omni Tek employees fight to protect their friends, families, property and way of life. There is really so little to differentiate the two sides these days and yet the blood keeps flowing.

Serious, does anyone still believe the Clan rhethoric?

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Who said everyones dreams as Clan are good ones? Also you do have the choice to break that contract but OT thinks you don't. Following the contract is being an OT lemming. Any slave has the choice to flee, just don't get caught in the process.
    Gabro ,
    A Member of Lost Chapter
    Level 200 Bureaucrat RK1

Who said everyones dreams as Clan are good ones? Also you do have the choice to break that contract but OT thinks you don't. Following the contract is being an OT lemming. Any slave has the choice to flee, just don't get caught in the process.
    Sure we do. I guess you've never seen those applications in the Omni-Tek shops. We are exercising our RIGHT to work for Omni-Tek. But you Clanners won't hear of that! If it's not the Clan way, it must be wrong and the people not following the Clan way must be brainwashed or slaves or just plain screwed up in the head. Right? It's just completely unfathomable that somebody might want to live their way of life differently than yours.
    Last edited by Nevver; Jul 25th, 2003 at 02:02:42.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´Ż`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Omni....

Omni made a revolt happen due to thier harsh treament of soon to be clans. Such as the miners. Omni-Tek persicuits Atroxs, and Nano-Mages. Clan is loyalty. No matter what Omni scum says. Il agree that both sides fight for some of the same values but Omni-Tek fights for the corporations hope in gaining more funds. Clans never fought for the credits. They just want freedom.

Yeah, keep on believing all the lines that OT keeps feeding you about "how you've made your choice". They're glad that you do because it keeps their pocketbook flowing.

The Clans aren't greedy for Notum like OT is. The clan revolt started when OT abandoned some of its "human resources" as not worth the cost of recovery. Just remember this as you continue to make your "choice" about who to work for.

Oh, and when those miners decided they didn't want to work for OT anymore? OT sent in other people who'd made their "choice" to work for OT to shoot them. This is standard OT procedure for all OT armed operatives, shoot them if you see them. Interesting that the "freedom" OT gives you is the same as the "freedom" the Omega used to give to their Solitus slaves.

Clans fight for the ideal that you're not merely a "resource" and that souls are not just another commodity to be bought and sold.

You can use your Juggernauts and Nanotechnology to enslave and crush the people, but only for a time. David Marlin will return someday and we will finish the battle we started eons ago.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

I agree

I totally agree with you!

I guess I must be misunderstanding why the Clans are mining for Notum, the very resource that gives Nanomages their lives. Oh wait - to sell for profit!

Such hypocrites!
    Last edited by Nevver; Jul 25th, 2003 at 03:31:58.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´Ż`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

No

We took over what Omni had to leave. .Omni had full control first! They did it all the same to. Yet there is always Notum left for the Nano-Mages. There will always be Notum!

Re: No

Originally posted by SpaceBebop
    We took over what Omni had to leave. .Omni had full control first! They did it all the same to. Yet there is always Notum left
    for the Nano-Mages. There will always be Notum!
    Two wrongs have never made a right, now have they?

Nevver snickers.

Sure there will always be Notum! The supply is unlimited!
    Last edited by Nevver; Jul 25th, 2003 at 03:41:47.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´Ż`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Well at least we've gotten you to admit that OT might the first wrong.

Not every clan agrees on what to do with the Notum, OT and the Sentinels have forced a situation upon us that not all agree with. But I should note that its only the so-called Clan Sentinels which started the notum mining and they were never a part of the Council of Truth. I don't think Omni-HQ can make the same claim about being a fringe group in their decisions.

The difference is that the Clans never tried their human mine workers as disposable tools.

The Clans don't shoot workers that demand better conditions.

Our decisions of what to do with the Notum aren't dictated by one power hungry corporate despot, but decided on a clan by clan basis.

I've never seen Clan Eco Warriors selling any Notum or drilling equipment have you?

Originally posted by Nevver
    I guess I must be misunderstanding why the Clans are mining for Notum, the very resource that gives Nanomages their lives. Oh wait - to sell for profit!

Such hypocrites!
    Gonna hafta agree with ya. The more I look at it, the more their hypocrisy sickens me. Hiding their greed behind so-called "justice", "will for Freedom" and "desire for peace"... bah! When the opportunity of ending the conflict is given t'ya, my dear Clanners, ya never seize it. Some of ya dun't even *notice* it. And why? Cause it's more profitable fer *ya* to go on this way. So spare us this crap.

Oh, by the way, to those wo claim we're "slaves" and that "following the contract is being an OT lemming": that's a very, very nice point of view. So, when ya work for and sign a contract with someone, ya think it ain't worth being honored? Well, I call it differently. I call it having a job and a paycheck at the end of the month. If this is being a slave, I pity the world and every person who has ever needed a job to survive.

And, tell ya what - if we're such slaves, if our Company is such a great evil, if whatever comes from it is corrupted and greedy, please answer this: why are you taking opportunity of our technology? Hm? Oh yeah - to fight fer yer rights, because yer all soooo poor ya can't even afford a gun?

Next time ya wake up at Reclaim, Mr Righteous Clanners, jus' rememebr that without OT, there wouldn't be any Reclaim fer ya... and that Omni-Tek was kind enuff ta let ya all use this technology of theirs. Mehbe yer also "slaves" of the Company in a way ya dun't even know. But ya'll never accept to admit this, will ya?

Have a good day.

Demenzia smirks
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

People, people, read your history. The miner revolts, the mistreatment of workers and all happened over 200 years ago. Just how much more blood most be spilled before you feel vindicated? Get over it!

Savoy.

You Clanners constantly amaze me with your spin-doctoring. You talk about Omni-Tek propaganda and then you go and make really off the wall statements like these.

Originally posted by Sallust
    Well at least we've gotten you to admit that OT might the first wrong
    Got us to admit it? We've been apologizing, making amends and being reminded about those miners for OVER TWO HUNDRED YEARS!

Originally posted by Sallust
    Not every clan agrees on what to do with the Notum, OT and the Sentinels have forced a situation upon us that not all agree with. But I should note that its only the so-called Clan Sentinels which started the notum mining and they were never a part of the Council of Truth. I don't think Omni-HQ can make the same claim about being a fringe group in their decisions.

The difference is that the Clans never tried their human mine workers as disposable tools.

The Clans don't shoot workers that demand better conditions.

Our decisions of what to do with the Notum aren't dictated by one power hungry corporate despot, but decided on a clan by clan basis.

I've never seen Clan Eco Warriors selling any Notum or drilling equipment have you?
    So, the Clans, while all under the same flag - and you are since you refer to all of you as "the Clans" - can say, "Not all of us are evil since not all of us mine notum!" while Omni-Tek, with it's varying departments that do not all mine notum, can't make that same statement because they are a part of the evil Omni-Tek? Am I understanding that correctly? How can you say that with a straight face?

Back to the favorite Clan excuse for everything that is wrong with the world... The Clans have the benefit of using our newer technology that puts people at less risk. If the Clans are using our technology, don't critisize our past - just thank us.
    Last edited by Nevver; Jul 25th, 2003 at 11:59:20.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´Ż`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

We are as defined by our Leadership. Omni-Tek is what Omni HQ decides and you all follow its orders. Not so with the clans. Yes I detest the Sentinels, but what am I going to complain about them as a Clanner? That they're almost as bad as Omni-Tek?

But if you don't like the Sentinels, remember that it was OT who persecuted and drove out the Council of Truth. The situation there is of your own creation.

Omni-Tek is one body and all parts whether they might not be the "hand" which attacks the free peoples or the "brain" that controls are guilty of the crime if they willingly participate and support that behavior.

Been apologizing for the last 200 Years??? Oh, so thats what all those wars and the troopers with nasty shock rifles were doing, apologizing.

As for technology, technology is technology and is neither good nor evil. Though OT would prefer us unarmed obviously and easy targets we will use whatever tools we can get to make Rubi-Ka a home of peace and freedom.

Sallust, Sallust, please don't come telling me OT has been doing anything to the Clans that the Clans have not also been doing to Omni Tek. We have all got eyes to see the reality of things. As for the Council of Truth, I think you will find the clan based Council of Ares had a big role in their down fall.

I have no illusions about Omni-Tek. I still however have to see a single shred of evidence the Clans are any better. I don't suppose you have ever read "Animal Farm", have you?

Savoy

That's exactly the point, Savoy. Here is just one classic example of how the Clans wish to only perpetuate the war:

July 04 29223 The clans are granted a limited lease on land from Omni-Tek in return for an end to all future armed hostilities and the continued cooperation with Omni-Tek's mining operations. This is the Clans Rights Treaty - the true birth of Rubi-Kan independence.

29227 Construction begins on the city of Tir inside clan-run territories. Plans call for Tir to be the political capital of the clans; a safe harbour and home to a democratically chosen clan council.

29250 The first "neutrals" appear when Omni-Tek employees - as well as clan members - abandon their affiliations and settle in non-political zones. Fearing more ICC interventions, OT authorities turn a blind eye to these neutrals.

29282 Omni-3 is completed. The city is given the official nickname "Rome", and it's nominated to be the future home to the post-lease Rubi-Kan democratic government.

29301 Thirty-eight highly skilled nano-technicians and meta physicists break with Omni-Tek and establish a colony on an artificially constructed floating archipelago. They name the colony "Jobe". OT unofficially acknowledges the colony's autonomy in order to retain ties with the skilled colonists, and to prevent them from crossing over to the clan-side.

April 28 29374 Clan-affiliated terrorists blow up four notum operations in a coordinated strike, killing both security forces and miners. Notum shipments are reduced by 13%, costing Omni-Tek hundreds of billions of credits.

So, what is the first action of the Clans after Omni-Tek gives them territory of their own in exchange for peace? They attack Omni-Tek. There is no appeasing the Clans. They all have their own motives and agendas that they try to justify under some freedom flag. Call them out on it and they just start pointing fingers at Omni-Tek employees, calling them "brainwashed," "drones" and whatever other thing they can think of to call attention away from their own actions.

And what about the miners who were killed in that attack and their families? How is the Clans killing innocent Omni-Tek miners okay yet all the Clans ever cry about is when Omni-Tek wasn't quick enough to rescue Omni-Tek miners who were killed in an industrial accident? Is it okay because they were only Atrox?
    Last edited by Nevver; Jul 25th, 2003 at 16:58:25.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´Ż`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast