Thread: Question on the IPR

Question on the IPR

Ok I read the article, Looks good, except for advents not getting the all the IP back for Multi Ranged. That right there isn't too cool. And there should be an easy fix. Now granted you will maintain the IP from IP rings so this would make it harder. But Here's a hypothetical question for the Devs.

I use all my IPR. Every last one. I reset all my skills. I never used an IP ring. (IP ring usage would be able to be detected this way also) I should have all my IP back. There is obviously going to be some sort of chart to determine what someone of a particular breed and profession should have as far as IP's at any given level. If it's over by a multiple of 1000 then you know that an IP ring was used. However if it's Lower than that number or over by a multiple other than 1000 you know that some IP was lost or exploited. If the numbers don't match up. Then a GM should be able to reimburse the lost IP. Now granted this would put a little more strain on the GM's for awhile, which could be reduced by having a designated "Fixing station" that we players need to travel to in order to get checked and fixed and is only active for a window of a few hours. Those who can't make the window will have to petition.

Some examples with made up numbers.

Post Multi Ranged patch Advent. Level 10 = Total IP 95000 IP
    Pre Multi Ranged Patch Advent #1 Level 10 = Total IP 96000 IP (Used an IP ring but no Multi Ranged)
    Pre Multi Ranged patch Advent #2. Level 10 = Total IP 94326 IP (Used Multi Ranged)
    Pre Multi Ranged patch Advent #3. Level 10 = Total IP 95326 IP (Used an IP ring and Multi Ranged)

As you can see both the Pre patch advents who invested in Multi Ranged have about 674 missing IP, but one would have above the minimum due to using an IP ring but is still missing IP's he should have.

Simple fix here, just requires some man hours.

Depends on how IPR works, have they said yet if it's just a point->Ip conversion or if it's a return of spent IP for the skill? If it's return of IP spent on a particular skill then You wouldn't lose IP from IP rings nor skill diff changes. The article I saw only mentioned that IPR was going to be a possible and ongoing part of the game, it didn't exactly say how it was going to work...

I think you are missing something though

IP rings gave a specific amount of IP, I believe it was 1K IP every 10 hours for up to a max of 10K IP.

Each level you recieve a set amount of IP regardless of breed and prof. A level 100 Atrox Nano Technician and a Level 100 Opifex Trader would have the same exact amount of IP if they wiped all their skills and didn't every use an IP ring. The only variation would be if an IP ring was used. With Adventures that's not true. Adventurers who have been here from the beginning will have varying amounts of IP due to a skill color being changed after release even with totally wiping all skills.

Only problem I can see is the Map Nav skill not being able to be readjusted.