Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Story events.........and the players who ruin it for us

Wink

How about the NPC chucks a message like meet me at "this and this place" (probably the closest safe house) and then disappears off.

It would allow the story element to go on without bothering those who are hunting and without allowing those NPCs to get killed by others who are out to kill anything that they can get their hands on. And naturally those who are interested would go on to pursue this character.

Originally posted by Savoy
    I think the responsibility lies with FunCom to protect story-based NPCs.
    Teleporting away ppl that are a nuisance shouldn't be that complicated.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

'port em out to PW, and disable any grid-nanos they might have for a while.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

fek that, its a game the DB defected to omni. roleplay people!!! why should a clanner allow omni to have access to DB info if we do not??? the DB chose to go omni and suffered the consequence, as all omnis shall..... muahahahahahaha

as far as the rhinoman, sorry to hear he got killed.

Originally posted by nyarlathotep
    fek that, its a game the DB defected to omni. roleplay people!!! why should a clanner allow omni to have access to DB info if we do not??? the DB chose to go omni and suffered the consequence, as all omnis shall..... muahahahahahaha

You'd think an Ex-DB would be smart enough to bring along his guns and waste anybody who attacked him.

See! They're not so tough!
    THEOREM:
    Omni Bureaucrats work for "The Man."
    "The Man" is the >190 Fixer title.
    Ergo, Phillip Ross is a Fixer.
    -QED-

Originally posted by nyarlathotep

You have to realize that at this time, the Dust Brigade is against both the clans and Omni. The defector may have gone to Omni, but he may have supplied information to both sides to help the effort.

I haven't really thought this through, but would it be possible to set up a separate server that was solely for rpers? I constantly see rp people complaining about how others who are just out for kicks and kills ruin the events. I'm not sure how you could enforce only rpers on the server, not to mention the problem of everyone starting over, but it would be nice. A story server and then everyone else.
    Caduceus 207 Doctor of the Bratpack
    Matahari 147 Agent
    Lyra 156 Crat
    Testlive

Talking Prison Time

Simple solution, a person attacks an NPC in a controlled area, like a city, throw them in prison. Isn't that what they are there for? Most cities have them.

No Terminate ability, since they take away everything you can use to kill yourself with.

Have all your equipment placed in overflow, including everything that's equipped. If a person leaves the prison before his appointed time is over... good bye all your equipment.

When the appointed time is over a person can get their stuff back, and maybe use more common sense before attacking someone.

In a non-controlled area, tough luck. Make the area PvP so those who are there who don't want the NPC killed, they can defend them, or exact justice of the offender..

That's my thought.
    Last edited by Free Falcon; Apr 8th, 2002 at 17:24:07.
    The Independents:
    Davious - Neutral Doc
    FreeFalcon - Neutral Adventurer

Of the Omni Faction
    Korrkey - Enforcer
    Gizzed - Engineer
    Falkonknight - Soldier

Post Overflow

That's going to be one mother of an overflow window, if -everything- equipped is placed into it. In this 'prison' concept (which will be a considerable punishment, as the perpetrator will have to equip everything all over again - and in the case of serious OEing, having to ask for buffs and whatnot from others), did you think about implants, if they'd be forcibly removed as well like all other 'worn' items? CPU belt and NCU units?

Would be a little drastic for the prison-guards to yank out someone's implants, though.

How long should a person be in prison for an offense like killing a guard? I suppose that the first offense would reap 1*Standard Sentence, second would give twice the Standard Sentence and so on. Would discourage people from becoming repeat offenders. Eventually, using the exponential sentence of the number of the offense. Second offense would give four times Standard Sentence, third would give nine times etc. But this might be somewhat harsh..

I welcome others' opinions. Who knows, perhaps FunCom will (in the distant mists of time) implement a working Prison system?
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Thumbs up

You get the gist of it though.

Implants might be the exemption. As far as I know, overflow is pretty good sized as it is. It would of course be up to Fun Com to work out the exact details.
    The Independents:
    Davious - Neutral Doc
    FreeFalcon - Neutral Adventurer

Of the Omni Faction
    Korrkey - Enforcer
    Gizzed - Engineer
    Falkonknight - Soldier

You sad fools, Of couse you shouldnt kill people like phillip ross but to make it impossable to do so is daft. Make it so people dont want to commit treason eg.. prison(if caught) or the ability 4 hired hitmen 2 hunt you down.Plz fc dont fix problems by taking more out of what is alredy a very empty game

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12