Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Overequipping and the IP reset: A follow-up

Originally posted by Dareus
    It's a great follow-up. As an MP though I'm quite interested to find out how the OE rules handle the heal pet since the heal pet isn't really in combat how can they remain in it?
    Think about it... The pet you dont have skills to use will figt untill its done, then stop... the heal pet is not in combat, so it wil just stop at ones...

Lightbulb Healpet

The healpet will probably keep healing until it is done (or could be pulled off, since it often locks on something until it is done healing it) and then fall into /behind mode.

I suppose official confirmation of this would be nice, but the above is consistent with the coding changes.

Ecce

Unhappy wrangles

A need to constantly reuse a wrangle is foolish, it takes way too long and lasts way too short. not only that but it will slow the team down a lot! I'm sure the trader self wrangle will be fine with that, but many of the other people who equip things and rely on wrangles are going to be very disapointed.

This also destroys balancing as people are forced to progress through the game even more slowly than currently and after lvl 100 it can take up to and over a week currently just to gain a level.

PvP is now rediculously predictable, I know that was the goal, but it was soooo much more fun trying to out twink another character, it was competitive. OE was a great part of the game and it will be missed due to OE penalties.

Re: Re: Solo-ability on 100+ >:(

Originally posted by Sarelron

Huh? Sounds right on. Two mobs your level, and it's hard to beat them. What's the problem?

Sarelron

The problem is that at level 108, you need about 2.3m exp to level. A yellow mob at that level might give you 7-10k exp.

That means you have to kill 230 yellow conned mobs (max 10k exp each) in order to level once.

Do you know how much time that will take?

Re: I was positive, now I'm VERY negative

Originally posted by Corianin
    Think about the secondary skills reqs for many weapons, like the Novaflow for instance. It has apx. 530 Ranged energy req. at ql200, which is a skill that can be wrangled/debuffed for around 400. That will cause it to be more than 60% OE'ed, and have it's damage reduced 75%. JUST BECAUSE OF THE "low" RE'req!!

"Unluckily" for FC, Ranged Energy is a skill that can be wrangled/deprived and every weapon with a "low" RE req. will be useless when debuffed.
    Exactly, I tried to illustrate this a couple of time myself, but people don't get it. The lowest requirement on a weapon is the one that will hurt you the most when debuffed. As if there weren't enough totally useless weapons in this game as it is, now several more will get added to that category because they have skill low requirement that is heavily debuffable. Heavy Weapons, Ranged Energy, SMG/MG on everything but straight SMG's, or any other 'secondary' weapon skill on weapons that have a 67/33% split on requirements.

You know who will get debuffed the hardest of all? Adventurers....

Dark blue heavy weapons
    LOW heavy weapons requirements on Riders

Example:

Look at this Chipped Rider Executioner

It takes 285 Heavy Weapons

This is roughly what my wife has equipped at level 66 (dual wielding) and she is well within in the OE rules.

My level 66 trader can debuff her Heavy Weapons skill by 271 points! Hell, I could do it by more if I bothered to find my next nano, forcing her negative.
    Fausto "Dealbreaker" Age

Re: Re: Re: Re: Canceling

Originally posted by Dogmatize

ROFL, how long have u played this game?? Give the changes a chance??? I feel thats what I'm been doing since day one. WE ARE STILL BETA TESTERS. Don't u get it. This game have been changed over and over again. Funcom adress issues that ppl dont want adressed. They fix things that don't need fixing. And in the process of this "fixing" they always seem to destroy or brake some other stuff.
    Six months, and yourself? I really don't see what that has to do with it. Welcome to the unfortunate trends of MMORPGS. People *****, moan, whine, etc, so the companies try to fix those problems, because, unlike single pay games, the players pay monthly, so the company has to keep them happy. Sad as it may be, that's how it goes and how it will continue to go.

They address issues that people don't want addressed? That's pretty funny, because if you read the past to OE posts, and their replies, you'll find that quite a lot of people wanted these changes.

Sarelron

Re: Re: I was positive, now I'm VERY negative

Originally posted by Asmodan

You know who will get debuffed the hardest of all? Adventurers....

Dark blue heavy weapons
    LOW heavy weapons requirements on Riders
    Agreed, but there are always options. I, myself, am a duel rider wielding adventurer. I won't be hurt by HW debuffs because my current set of implants focus on my blue skills: HW, Brawl, Dimach, etc.

Sarelron

Re: Re: Re: Solo-ability on 100+ >:(

Originally posted by Lucid Flow

The problem is that at level 108, you need about 2.3m exp to level. A yellow mob at that level might give you 7-10k exp.

That means you have to kill 230 yellow conned mobs (max 10k exp each) in order to level once.

I understand this. And I agree. The thing is, this originally started with an Engy complaining about how long it will take to level without an OE'd bot. The problem isn't in fixing OE. The problem is in Risk vs Reward at higher levels. Not fixing OE does not fix this problem.

Sarelron

Originally posted by Chidoro

It's not Funcom's fault you decided to play less socially in AO than you did in EQ. I've got a good number of buds playing the game and we play together all of the time. The Game gave the tools, you chose to ignore them.

Can I have your stuff?
    What tools?

The chat interface is lacking , there is no way to see who is in a zone, I would love to look and see if there are people my level in an area to do stuff together. How far does the OOC go, why am I hearing stuff from Tir when I am in Athen? Even the worst of EQ, the tells and begs for buffs and stuff doesn't happen here. I traverse entire zones and don't see one white dot that isn't a mob. I.E. Longest Road and Wailing Waste. Even West Athen is mostly empty. The other day I actually saw a group going somewhere to do something, not my kind of play but it did bring a smile to my face but that is very, very rare from what I've seen.

AO is too spread out for the amount of people and it is too easy to travel, many friends are made through accidental encounters, a guy comes along and heals you while you are almost dead to a mob, that kind of stuff. Here you can "warp" from place to place, not conducive to meetings.

Heck I can't even buff most of the newbs with my measly Enforcer essence buffs because they don't have the NCU and everybody has the generic buffs up. There is no feeling of making a newb "warrior" a god by SoWing, regenning and hasting him. That just doesn't exist in AO.

In EQ you made a lot of friends in the newbie zones, I was in and out of the backyard in Tir with my first and only character in 2 hours hardly time to make friends.

In EQ a zone took on a character as the same people were there leveling or what not for a period of time, you had running Gnome jokes that lasted for days and got to know the goofs and the players. In AO there is no zone character or characters.

Face it, AO just doesn't have the closeness and friendly feel that EQ did. I'm not talking about grouping either, forced grouping at higher levels is what killed EQ for me but I did enjoy the chats my Shammie had with his dR00d friends while we were soloing when we could.

So ok that's the nature of the game as I see it, and I'm here because I can solo and doing that takes priority over socializing in my gaming world. What I'm saying if the soloing goes I won't be staying for the socializing but I do like to be social while soloing. I did it for almost 3 years in EQ.

Re: Re: Re: 14.2 bad

Originally posted by Chidoro

People who are happy aren't anywhere near as likely to post as the ones who aren't. The fact that there is a good number of players, like myself, who have spoken out in favor of the decision only goes to show how much the system will be improved upon as a result.

Thanks incorrect assumption
    Incorrect assumption? If you read my original post and what I was responding to, I am in favor of the changes as well. I was responding to someone who said FC doesn't listen because this patch is still going through. I also agree wholeheartedly with what you have said here. On the forums, those happy with an OE fix outnumber those complaining, *and* people complaining are more likely to post than those who are happy. Put those two statements together and guess what, people want this change!

Sarelron

Re: Re: OE Whats wrong with it ?

I'm sorry, but comments like that are proof positive that you have *no* clue what it means to be a Trader.

Sarelron
    Who the #uck are you and why would any one care what you think?

just currious?
    This Norwegian logic is killing me.

Re: Re: Re: I was positive, now I'm VERY negative

Agreed, but there are always options. I, myself, am a duel rider wielding adventurer. I won't be hurt by HW debuffs because my current set of implants focus on my blue skills: HW, Brawl, Dimach, etc.

Sarelron
    What is the HW requirement on them and what is your HW stat, I'll tell you what a similar level trader could debuff you for and we'll see how much you won't be hurt. I'd predict you'll be hitting for 75% less damage, which means in PvP you'll be hitting for 12.5% of what you normally would in PvM.
    Fausto "Dealbreaker" Age

Re: Re: Re: Solo-ability on 100+ >:(

Originally posted by Lucid Flow

Does it matter?

Re: Re: Re: OE Whats wrong with it ?

Originally posted by Ginsberg

just currious?
    With that brilliant logic, the same could be applied to any post on any forum. For that matter, why does anyone ever talk or share ideas with anyone. We should all fall into a self indulgent coma, live in our own minds. Then nobody will offend you.

Sarelron

Exclamation Just my Opinion

Originally posted by Vandame
    Cool i get to keep my 300k ips i made from duping ips rings?
    Not only do i get to keep them i get to redestribute them.
    And my 6slot belt with 4x ql200 ncu a ql200 recompiler and range extender will stay on? Not to mention my top of the line Implants with insane treatment requiements?
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAAHHAHA My lvl 60 twink trader will be even MORE powerfull, NOTHING can stop me now NOTHING! Wahahahaha!

Note : i do not have a trader ofcource but you get the idea
    Vandame, First notice that it says to redistribute you must remove everything... so the Uber Twink with what you describe won't be able to redistribute and easily reapply his stuff (not that it likely won't be possible, since implants aren't affected, you just need to do the same thing again {those that still remain})

But my opinion to all this is, ok.. mixed feelings, personally i don't mind twinkers, i don't do it, but i do agree with several posts about the difficulty at higher level, so they restart twink em' and have a good time... I think its mainly about the enjoyment. so to those that do it, good, i'm glad you were able, long as you enjoy yourself. As for PvP, most people i've ran into now are usually OE'd, good it seperates those that truly are passionate about it and want to win.

My only concern is the Pets, i don't play any profession that uses them, but a lot of my friends do, and i know thier useulness. I don't think it would be a problem so much using the lower QL pets if they were able to HOLD the aggro.. usually this isn't the case. If you could increase the aggro ability of them, more, not so much maybe that you never get a mob to turn on you, but increase it some, i don't think it would be too much a prob. granted it will be more difficult, and granted you won't be soloing the orange/reds (not so much after real high lvl) anymore, but you'll be able to handle the roomful of yellow's.

The OE patch has its points, for those who never got the mass IP from rings, or haven't uber twinked it will put them on a more balanced playing field (except traders), but yes at high level it will become that much more difficult. One thing a lot of praisers for this patch seem to not realize, i'm assuming (i know, i know) a number of you are probably lower than 100. To even hold your own at upper levels you need to OE, to even kill a yellow sometimes you need to OE. So i do agree that i like the idea of the patch i think they should maybe make it a curve instead of linear... under 50th 20%, 100 25-30%, etc.. so it still won't be possible to twink into that ql 200 at 120th but maybe something that will keep you alive.

just my opinions; remember its a game.. have fun!

Re: Re: Re: Re: I was positive, now I'm VERY negative

Originally posted by Asmodan

What is the HW requirement on them and what is your HW stat, I'll tell you what a similar level trader could debuff you for and we'll see how much you won't be hurt. I'd predict you'll be hitting for 75% less damage, which means in PvP you'll be hitting for 12.5% of what you normally would in PvM.
    Well, I can't pull up my rider reqs right now, but I swing duel 104, and the HW reqs for a 100 are 285. My unbuffed HW is currently 460.

Sarelron

Re: Re: Re: OE Whats wrong with it ?

Originally posted by Ginsberg

just currious?

He would be (at a guess) this guy.

Don't bother answering my previous post Sarelron, at level 77 unless you have massively over-equipped implants you'll be doing -50% from MY trader, who is 11 levels below you, a trader your level could easily force you to -75%.

Even with high end implants I doubt you could do better than -50% if you have weapons that you can equip without huge amounts of buffing.
    Fausto "Dealbreaker" Age

Re: So basicly yes traders are being made gods.

Originally posted by Cheetra

WORSE all the incarnations of the trader skill transfers lines STACK, meaning PC traders CAN reduce other players to -0- NONE NADA -ZERO- damage based of posts made bya trader in the original where he discussed chaining this various ransack's and deprives to come up with nearly 400 points of skill drain for a character UNDER lvl 100. What happens at higher level?!
    Cheetarr
    In order to get -400 points of skill drain on any one target, the trader would have to succesfully hit the target with a Plunder Skills (Major) for -198 and a Divest Skills (Major) for -192. Now while it's possible for the trader to 'ladder' up the deprive/ransack lines of nanoformulas, essentially overequipping his nanoskills, it's there is a limit to it. And the penalties and bonuses whle 'laddering' ARE NOT cumulative. So to explain with a practical example:

My old lvl 72 solitus trader.
    I could Deprive Skills (Advanced) and Ransack Skills (Advanced), unbuffed, for a -200 penalty to a single target while raising my own skills +151. The 151 bonus allowed me to use Divest Skills (Weak), which would replace the Deprive Skills (Advanced), bringing the total penalty on the target to -220 and the total bonus for me to +167. That's using 3 different nanoformulas, with all the execution/recharge time + chances for fumbles/resists/interrupts inherent with using them. And the Ransack line of nanoformulas are more easily resisted than the Deprive line (I've had to recast up to 4 times on a single target to get 1 success before). Recasting the nanos simply refreshes the buffs/penalties.

A lot of people really don't know how the trader skill trades work. And yes, it's possible to run them constantly while doing missions. I do so now in order to improve my consistant weapon damage. It's possible to run skill wrangles constantly. I do so in teams while keeping my ransacks and deprives running. That way I'm hitting a an extremely slightly reduced capacity (using the skill I've drained as a buffer for the skills I give).

Sarelron

Sarelron, who put a nickle in ur slot? We don't want ur spamming here. Back off and stop pretending being ruler of the world and that u know every aspect of AO.

Re: Re: Re: Re: OE Whats wrong with it ?

With that brilliant logic, the same could be applied to any post on any forum. For that matter, why does anyone ever talk or share ideas with anyone. We should all fall into a self indulgent coma, live in our own minds. Then nobody will offend you.

Sarelron
    If you brought some ideas maybe I wouldnt mind reading your posts.

Showing up and telling someone they dont know what it means to play their class is arogant and childish.
    This Norwegian logic is killing me.

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast