Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Overequipping and the IP reset: A follow-up

Special Attack requirments are going to be effected as well?

God I hate this more and more.

Originally posted by Zyxlquith
    brilliant article gaute. I'm afraid you've managed to do what nothing else could--including 12.6 and my husband quitting AO. I just cancelled

Oh and hit 100 for the first time ever

Account status: Open until 2002-06-05. Subscription is cancelled
    Cool, can I have your stuff?

Please people, this is so important in order for the game to go forward. The higher your level, the less it effects you since skill reqs for weapons go up almost linearly while the %age difference between OE and not OE gets larger and larger.

If you can't see past this with your petty feelings of uber getting smacked down, quit and give me your stuff.

Thumbs down Dude

Dude ... at higher levels the mobs tend to be impossible to solo :\

Unless you get some low level Overequipping going on, you'll be killing a week long yellow mobs to get that one level up, which is incredibly boring to be at that same level with no character improvements/changes for a whole dang week...

Make lvl100+ gaming a bit more bareable...

I am saddened to see no mention about trader debuffs in PvP combat. Higher level traders can debuff primary weapon skills by 200 or more, most assuredly making there target pass that 20% barrier.

So if a trader debuffs you past the 20% Barrier will your gun suddenly become 25%+ less effective? If so Traders will be the end all, be all of uberness.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

Why should xp you get each new level for killing a (yellow) mob increase linear over levels, and the xp totally needed per level end up exponentially? (or maybe it is linear, but then it needs some balancing I think... especially with the OE patch coming...)
    Because unfortunately, the short-sighted game designers have opted to choose your character 'level' as the ultimate display of your 'skill' or 'power'. They feel that those who have the most available free time to 'level' should be viewed as the 'best' players. A mindless mentally-deificient agoraphobe who managed to reach lvl200 after days and days in his Jolt-cola and cigarette butt infested basement is to be considered a better player than the one who has some smarts or thinks outside the box.

Time spent in game camping Nelebs Cloak, camping Shades of Lucubration, camping the Lab Director, camping Zuwadza, camping Dodga/Alvin, camping, camping, camping, camping is to be rewarded.

To make sure that people are really 'impressed' by the fact that you are level 120 while they are only level 105 it must be mind-numbingly more tedious to get from 119 to 120 than it is from 104 to 105. Only the most moronic who can stand the exponential increase in number mindless MOB's that need to be killed as levels go up past 100 can be allowed the glory of a higher 'level'. And if someone figures out a way to kill those MOB's easier (oh, lets say by cooperating with the playerbase and equipping a better weapon) this must not be allowed.

The social player must not have an advantage over the agoraphobe who is 'self-sufficient' and on his droning quest for the 'glory' of another 'level'.

If going from level 120 to 121 were just as much fun as going from 49 to 50 then people would enjoy the entire game from 1-200. Hell, they'd probably do it 8 times over with different characters. This makes sense you see? And as we know, you can't have that in Anarchy Online.

They want to weed out us folks who don't have the 'skills' to mindless drudge through an ever-increasing quantity of mindless monsters to get our next 'level' or the 'guts' to stand up to the 'challenges' of going from level 149 to 150. They're doing a good job of that.

Re: Solo-ability on 100+ >:(

Originally posted by Paynie
    With a self cast bot as an engi I tested it, it's quite hard to solo 2 yellows at 108 for me
    Huh? Sounds right on. Two mobs your level, and it's hard to beat them. What's the problem?

Sarelron

Well..like the upcoming changes or not, the new article does clear up a LOT of questions we all had...and from what I can see, it all my not be quite as bad as everyone assumed before (not counting the hell trader/mp debuffs are gonna have on the rest of us)
    Commander Barron
    Prime Director: Omni-1 Operations
    2nd in Command
    Division 9 [R.S.G.E]
    barron@rsge.net
    Click Here to Visit the ALL NEW Division 9 Website

Post And what is your point?

Originally posted by Morgoth
    The pet class engineer is destroyed as a pvp character, or for that matter in single missions ( A single npc trader can divest the engineer anytime ).
    And what is your point?

As an NT anytime an NPC trader deprives/ransacks or an NPC MP dominates or uses nano shutdown = I'm running for the zone. So what your saying is NTs can suffer but you shouldn't?

Gaute already explained that your pet would continue to fight if he's already in battle. This means that the NPC trader deprives you and your pet will continue to battle him. So you have to wait up to 3 min after the fight before you can go to the next mob. So what?? wahh wahh wahh. We NTs do this all the time and have been doing it since day 1.

*slaps the whiner in the chops and causes him to open his mouth*
    *inserts a big chunk of cheese in Morgoths mouth to go with his whine*
    Last edited by Drabin; Mar 15th, 2002 at 17:48:17.

Thumbs down Doh

Huh? Sounds right on. Two mobs your level, and it's hard to beat them. What's the problem?

Sarelron
    The XP you get for those two is about 0.05% of your xp neede to ding, this make levelling SO MINDNUMBINGLY BORING!

have you ever levelled from 104 to 105 ... doing yellows only? ... gawd .. if the levelling tends to be more of the same thing a higher levels, I'll be 5 years older by now to reach lvl 200 ... in that time I'd like to have played some more chars to a high level as well ... but this way it's no fun... takes too long to get some improvement on your char that way ... wow 3 weeks till I get too use the next pet in line, which will add +30 to his dmg or something ... looks AO is gonna end up like DoaC ...

boring as hell with merely any difference in player base.

Originally posted by Chidoro

Cool, can I have your stuff?

Please people, this is so important in order for the game to go forward. The higher your level, the less it effects you since skill reqs for weapons go up almost linearly while the %age difference between OE and not OE gets larger and larger.

If you can't see past this with your petty feelings of uber getting smacked down, quit and give me your stuff.
    Uber?
    Well I'm under-uber.
    The "uber" guys will figure it out and in a week or so will have min-maxed the system once again running just on the edge of the penalty.

It's the casual player who gets the smackdown once again, we don't have the time to figure out if a 89 weapon will be OE and a 88 won't and don't want to and no I'm not talking about getting trader buffs, I'm talking about getting ransacked and deprived by mission mobs and losing all ability melee and defend.

66 Atrox Enforcer

Red face Welcome to AC

-------
    Dude ... at higher levels the mobs tend to be impossible to solo :\

Unless you get some low level Overequipping going on, you'll be killing a week long yellow mobs to get that one level up, which is incredibly boring to be at that same level with no character improvements/changes for a whole dang week...
    ---------

Welcome to AC and subscription rates. Microsoft planned this out long ago and run it to the max. Blizzard goes to the opposite extreme with Diablo 2. I guess, FC is working to find some happy middle ground.

But I feel for you, it sucks when you level every day to accept leveling once a week or month. AC is replete with players who have to play for an entire month just to level from 45-46, unless you have 3000 people under you in the pyramid scheme.

I just pray that FC doesn't bring that scheme to guilds. YUCK!

I'm still with you FC, keep if fun, so what if ppl get to 200. Just remove the level cap in the expansion pack. :-)

Cheers,
    Ecce

hmmmmm

Cz,

2 Questions,

1) Will OE skill check look at all skills needed for a weapon or just main skill, i.e. My sword uses 2he brawl and fastatk......will the OE check look at all 3 skills or just 2he because that is what determines the attack rating?

2) I use the Edge of Tarasque, the requirements changed on this weapon after patch 13.9 it now requires 1249 2he skill, my character is lvl 156 and has about 820 2he skill... this is maxed and with implants, I really dont see how I could get to the needed 1k 2he skill to use the weapon properly. So are you going to look at weap requirements that are out of line, not just this sword but all the weapons to make sure they are obtainable? I am almost within 20% of the lvl cap but no where near the skill I will need to use this weapon.

Please look into #2 I am sure it will affect other weapons as well

Thanks

Bloodriegn

Talking well

Originally posted by Fion
    I am saddened to see no mention about trader debuffs in PvP combat. Higher level traders can debuff primary weapon skills by 200 or more, most assuredly making there target pass that 20% barrier.

So if a trader debuffs you past the 20% Barrier will your gun suddenly become 25%+ less effective? If so Traders will be the end all, be all of uberness.
    Welcome to the world of NT suffering!

We get deprived and have to drop to -50 ql nanos or more to try to finsh the fight (that's if the mob is down to %10 hp's) or run for the zone. If my NT walks into a mission with 3 traders in the 1st room mission is deleted and I move on. Lokks like everyone will know the true NT suffering!
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Re: Doh

Originally posted by Paynie

The XP you get for those two is about 0.05% of your xp neede to ding, this make levelling SO MINDNUMBINGLY BORING!

have you ever levelled from 104 to 105 ... doing yellows only? ... gawd .. if the levelling tends to be more of the same thing a higher levels, I'll be 5 years older by now to reach lvl 200 ... in that time I'd like to have played some more chars to a high level as well ... but this way it's no fun... takes too long to get some improvement on your char that way ... wow 3 weeks till I get too use the next pet in line, which will add +30 to his dmg or something ... looks AO is gonna end up like DoaC ...

boring as hell with merely any difference in player base.
    Wahh, join the rest of the classes who do the same (if they're lucky).

The only thing that sounded reasonable was Crymcyn's point about requesting a reduction in power of their pets like weapons and armor. That sounds like a better alternative to them just shutting down.
    Last edited by Chidoro; Mar 15th, 2002 at 17:51:15.

Thumbs up

First, thanks for the update. It's nice to have some feedback and more explaination as to what you all are planning.

I am supportive of what I have read of 14.2, except for one thing. I do not agree with the new OE rules effecting the responsiveness of pets. With my Crat (as young as she is) I use a tad bit higher Bot then I can unbuffed. He is well within the 20% limit and I use nanos purchased from a store that I easily meet requirements for. So, basically he is not Currently, if I do not have these programs running I cannot run the Bot program until I do, of course. Once in combat, if I am deprived or ransacked, he continues to obey my commands. His attack or damage abilities may be reduced, but he continues to be responsive. I see no reason for this not to continue. Yes, if he was actually over the new OE rules, I would understand, but he's not. I can see the same effect happening to my Engineer as well.

Please, reconsider this part of 14.2. I would rather see the percentage increased for pets or have the percentage effect only the casting and activation of the bot, but not the functionality of the bot.
    Tuxx - Grid Freak and Closed System Poison Pill, Black Sheep of SRS and Proprietor of The Neon Zebra
    Domu - Lotus on Water, Member of House SRS
    Neon Zebra: A gathering place for the roleplaying community.

Seems now would be a perfect time to start a Trader.

Heck, I can twink him as much as I want. Once I Ransack/Deprive
    anyone in PvP, ill use a better Ransack/Deprive, my Gun will be
    so uber compared to your peanilized weapon. Phear me!

And XP High levels, fighting reds is mindnumbing enough. Admit it.
    Missions are a real bore. The only challenge is staying awake
    threw the whole mission in the first place, only for what? Less
    than 25% of your total XP needed? Zz....Zzz.....

sadness

well, im still deleting my account if the pet system is going to be that fscked up.

so i guess im trying to say this: PLEASE GIVE US SOME MORE INFO ON THE PET ISSUE.
    Piccolo of Storm
    -’Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war’
    -I will not take back my words, that is my way of the ninja!

Unhappy Woe is me, they really are gonna do the patch

Well, looks like they really are going to do it. Well the bright side is i'll be able to play my adv again and make him cool (although with the OE parts of the patch it wont really help him all that much).

I did have one question
    on the IPR's u say u get 90 points.

So does 1 point of IPR reset 1 skill, is that how it works?
    just wondering

Vash

Re: Re: Solo-ability on 100+ >:(

Originally posted by Sarelron

Sarelron
    There is a problem because there is nearly always THREE yellow or better mobs in the first room of individual missions.
    Fausto "Dealbreaker" Age

I play a lvl 118 agent and am looking forward to these changes, and Im glad Funcom is keeping us informed about these changes.

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast