Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Overequipping and the IP reset: A follow-up

Exclamation A Good Quote

Originally posted by [CrispyChicken]
    Very good post Carrah.

I agree Funcom just wants to change every rule humanly possible
    to make this game a dull-shoot-em-up-for-a-day to level game.

I just love this quote to much to let it go.

It is ashame they way they are taking the joy out of the folks who find fun in something other than PVP or powerleveling.

Hopefully though they will wake up before it's to late.

I really Like AO even though I see it slowly being destroyed with all the game changes.

Funcom... look at your own polls on what is important to us. It's not PVP balance that's for sure. Please realize how you are killing the game for the rest of us and destroying classes. I can see Trader Nerfs just around the corner and it's beyond sad. Traders worked fine before all the nerfing.

You really *NEED* to pay more attention to what the masses want not just the low percentage of people crying about PVP.
    Look at your own Polls!

-Koyote

Re: Re: The poll

Originally posted by Cz

That poll is to give Gaute som feedback on how good his articles are. I thought it would be nice to show him some numbers, instead of just being lame and claiming all players agree with me.

The poll has nothing to do with how people like the over-equipping changes.

Cz
    OKEY

As long as it dosen't show up as supporting the changes, then its all cool. I'm kinda sorry I'm always yellin at ya CZ, but the lack of HP adjustment is really getting me steamed, and the OE rules wont impact me (MP) or my regular teammates (engi, trader, MA, MP) at ALL. It really is just all about my fearing what other players are going to do when they can't solo single yellows anymore.

Re: wenn right is right

Originally posted by Lord Cyrik
    /applause 2 Raysight

your right about the poll, what's the damn pool worth, about what Gaute have wrote?

is this a sick joke?

Hello?

Umm I care.

And if you look at the Poll, you will see the majority of users Care.

HAY *YOU* may not like getting info and explanations, but I do.

It's a poll to see if it is worth the time for Funcom to even try and explain their actions. You may wish to be totally blind-sided in the future but I at least like knowing why they do the things they do even if it may only be partially true.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see they want to know if it was a waste of their time to try and keep us informed. They PAY someone for their TIME to write these things. They want to know if their money is wasted or not! (You may think so but most do not)

It's NOT a poll about if the OE patch should be implemented but a Poll about if it is a waste of their time to give info and the answer is a resounding 'We want it'.

It does NOT change the OE patch, or anything like that, it is simply so *THEY* know if they should pay some guy to write or if they should just skip trying to explain.

*rolls his eyes*

I cant believe The need to explain this.

Funcom I may not agree with all you do (and quite often voice it)
    But the articles are a good thing, keep them coming... it allows us a better place to argue from as well

-Koyote

Played since day 1, played every class Pre and Post Nerf wars.
    Last edited by Koyote; Mar 20th, 2002 at 16:36:41.

if ppl use a xploit like the surgury unit tho get 10.000 in treatment.. ya, lets fix that.. but if they speculate in buffs and and such.. like getting 4 buffs to get the fifth buff, that enable u getting a new implant that enable 2 new buff.. then what ?
    You need a buff to receive a buff? Hehe funny... I thought buffs had no basic requirement besides the NCU to store them.

You love to speculate? you will have to when you'll have to decide the maximum limit of gear you want to use for your skill levels, and maintain the best damage output ratio. Speculation has not been nerfed. Abuse of the system will; is it too hard to understand that red mobs should not be trivial to solo? That missions on the 50% setting should be at least challenging?

I don't know what level of OEing you're talking about; if you know how extreme OE can be, you would understand that it makes missions under 75% difficulty a total joke, at 75% they are even very easy. Is that normal? I understand perfectly that some people want to be able to plan, have implants and buffs to squeeze them into very good gear, but it shouldnt trivialize the game for them to the point of having zero risk under normal conditions. They want to level faster? They should take more risks. As it is now, you take more planning, not risk.

so if i start a agent, take on a medsuit, get a doc to buff me, insert ql30/40 implants at lvl 1-2 and then get my Gripo online. have i then cheatet like a bit'h or have i used my brain and advantage of being a powerplayer ??
    Ok, at level 2... machine +100 treatment, you only need 45 or so more points to be able to install your implant QL30. Now, tell me how do you reach the 64 in your abilities at level 2? A buff? Oh maybe, but then you'd probably need to store it in your NCU's... now what's your CompLit again at level 2? Right, so you place implants to boost comp lit first, you step them very carefully and are able to store larger buffs. From there, it would be time to raise your base abilities, etc..

Is it cheating or exploiting? So you only follow the rules established by the game: if it allows it, its ok, its within the rules. That's the basic idea right? So, you can do it - its not cheating. Was this the intention of Funcom in the first place? to allow such extremes? or was it a missing boundary check in the formulas? which would mean it is a bug and thus an exploit, or did they forget that this could be used in a loop (implant stepping) ... in which case it would be a loophole, and again an exploit. Its only a question of definition.

The fact that Funcom decides to change it, and reduce it means that it was not their intention - or that they realized that it does not fit the game. So they see it as something wrong for their game, because maybe its a seriously unbalancing factor.

why would u give the link to the trial download..? everybody here has bought the game =)
    Are 7 days enough to cast a vote?

I am certainly not PRO-Funcom. Not after the disappearance of the forums just at the period of the european release. Not after dealing with some GM's. Not after the problems this game had at release. But this change might actually be the start of AO coming back on the tracks of a real MMORPG. Not a nice showcase of graphics and science fiction; which serves as playing grounds for all the disgruntled EQ'ers on AO powertrip who got sick of EQ hell levels and impossibility to solo crap (btw, Verant removed the Hell levels, you powerjunkies might want to have a look... its easy )
    Date of registration 2001-06-27 13:46:17 UTC
    Account status Open

Originally posted by Scumbug
    you forgot,
    under these rules you can't use multiple implant sets either.

all my characters have 1 set for armor.
    1 set for weapon equiping. 1 set for comp-lit/belts/ncu.
    1 set for regular combat. and maybe 1 set for tradeskills too.

and needing to seek out 1,2,or3 other people for buffs
    was a good thing, imo. it's a multi-player game afterall.
    Spend a day in bed with the flu and have 4 pages to catch up on. I have multiple implant sets myself.

I have a set of implants that boost tradeskills exclusively.
    I have a set of implants that boost skills/stats for when I'm in a solo situation focusing on skills to make me more self-sufficient like first aid, body dev +stamina, ect.
    I have a set of implants that boost skills/stats for team situations.

Now who's bags of implants are prolly more inline with the dev's intentions, your's or mine? Think the original intention was people popping in implants long enough to wear some tank armor and then popping them out?

A few things

Well, time to engage in some virtual battle again.

First and most important:

Max wants his IP back!!!

Now, a few things to the Engineer's debate.
    Background info. I am playing AO since release with one char (Maximilian). Since things went a bit 'unfortunate' for Pistol wielding Adv, I decided lately to start one of the power prefessions - a faction Engi. [Homo Nano, Vektor, lvl20] This does not mean, that I want to change my attitude, I am just 'playing' a little bit.

Concerning all the whining about the OE patch hitting Engis that hard I want to add my few experiences (low level so far) to the pool for some balancing. -> grahamXOr, Tsk
    Originally posted by Weazul
    1) Monsters attack ME, not my weapon.
    2) My weapon attack does not allow me to "kick the monster too".
    3) My weapon does not allow me to sit down and heal myself while it shoots.
    4) 4) My weapon costs credits to reload, I don't just have to pay for it once and shoot forever.
    -> 1) Of course we (the pet owner) get attacked by the MOB/NPC, I would do the same. Cure the cause, not the symptom. If you get adds, why should they go for the pet, if not taunted? That actually I would consider as good AI. One occupies the pet, the other takes the owner out - problem solved with minimum casualities - exactly what I would try to do if facing an Engi in a PvP situation.
    Although this might sound a bit arrogant: the ability to use your pet in a way that avoids harm to yourself defines the Engi. And I never got attacked, when the MOB/NPC had no line of sight. Just open a door, spot the target, send in your pet and wait - you can trim/trimheal without line of sight - very unfair advantage.
    Pets have an awful lot of HP compared to players. My lvl 24 bot must have about 1k in HP (it got killed by Verteran with three shots summing up more than 1k of damage). That is more than double of what I have (30 token board). I don't remember any (non twinked) level 20 character having about 1.5k in HP.
    -> 2) Ehhh, you are busy healing your pet? What? What is that gun you wield good for? You are definite 2 slot team, the one beeing just a bit dump, but always willing to die for you. I am wielding a ql22 Vektor at level 20 and dealing a good part of damage on my own. After this experience I KNOW what 'gimped' means (Max is a neutral Pistol wielding Adv ...)
    -> 3) Correct. The aggro switches between my bot and me constantly. The gaps are more than enough to use a treatment lab - I never, in more than 7 months of playing, was able to do this with Max in a one on one situation.
    -> 4) Engi pets are cheap. At level 20, with ql15 implants, I am able to build a dark orange pet (lvl 27) for a few bucks, that serves much more than a few bullets.
    And what is that crap about buying higher level pets from players for awful lot of money. Where do you think, do we get guns and stuff above ql125 from ??? And do you really think good guns come cheap?

Concerning the effects of OE. Welcome to the caster's domain. Max has a set of six (6) healing nanos in the task bar, just in case, I get debuffed. I can stand any unmake, but trader NPCs at my level usually debuff me for ~250 skill points - means all my nanos are useless -> run or die. I wish I would have a pet, that takes the debuff for me.

You can still overequip 20%, calculate what this means. Generally this means your pet will be several levels above yourself without any problems. A free team mate that doesn't take any XP from the kills or percentages from the reward - be cautious not to become ridiculous.

Side note: /pet hunt is one awful command. After I got killed yesterday, sitting at reclaim halway the zone away, my pet started collecting XP for me for free - it was ashaming. Funcom, there are some real balance issues to be dealt with!

I have to start a MP as well, this must be even more boring - 3 pets. I want my TRAMP killer gun!

Open for discussion.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

What most of u noobs don't know about the engineer class is that at higher levels implants don't boost your skills enough above your natural abilities to make your pet any better than yellow to yellow-orange.

I can wear ql 150-160ish implants and my self cast pet using Nelebs, gen buffs, and the gen intell buff is barely one tic above me and very yellowish to me. Without getting anykind of external help to make the pet, my dmg output is EQUAL to my pet. (I.E. taunt the mobs we fight equally)

Only by over equipping now can i get the same results that I got with only implants at lvl 30.

It gets worse people.

Noobs shoudln't complain cause they DON'T know... when u KNOW you have the right to ask for changes.

Pet's need a better OE rule than 2-% total loss of control. IMO, any 132 wrangle or 140 mochams should be allowed into the equation at least and then add 10-20% over that and after that reduce damage but not toal loss of control. My biggest beef is the in-game-world methodology that explains how we control the pets. Thru nanotechnological signals? Then tie in our psychic ability instead for the control loss factor. Or intelligence as the case may be. Anything except a DUMB SIMPLE AND CHEAP attempt to dumb down the only cool features of a very cool and complex game.

Don't make me a cookie cutter player. I don't want to be like everyone else. And that's what the OE patch feels like it gonna do.
    -----
    "NT's can't over equip armor beyond implants and general buffs (no insane Intelligence or Psychic buffs) and can't overequip weapons since they use direct-damage, damage-over-time and nanoformula methods that require your actually stats and buffs to be active for you to use them. Don't complain about us being powerful when you obviously haven't even played one past level 100. NT's - the original red-headed stepchild of Anarchy Online." - Zaal

Originally posted by Garzu

You didnt care if stun was fixed then nerfed, and you dont care the NTs has been nerfed every single patch since release... We have been asking for boosts all the way, the exploits had to be fixed of course, but as a result of the fixes, they also removed alot of our abilities without exploiting. ALot of Traders did all they could to nerf stun... now its time for a nerf of traders.

Its funny, all but the traders think traders are uber...

Traders debuffs is already to good, after OE nerf, they will be absolutely uber, needs to work against weapon skills only, not nano skills, same with their buffs. MPs should be the nano buffers/debuffers, not the trader.

Its stacking I am talking about.... cant you read?

Player acutally, not mobs, mobs stack only 30-40% of the time.

And I dont give **** about what you want with NTs, all I care about is to fix the trader debuffs, I am living with it... but want it changed.
    You still didn't answer the original question: Why was stun nerfed? Then again, I doubt you'll ever admit to reasons behind some of the 'nerfs' to the NT profession. Like the 'nerf' to range...

The reason why I don't want to see the trader's debuffs nerfed is quite simple. It has nothing to do with PvP, which seems to be your 2nd major whine point. It has nothing to do with taking down NTs, your 1st major whine point. I've said before my primary targets are mobs and I PvP in self-defense ONLY. And as we all know, the mobs seem to ignore debuffs completely.

Why I don't want to see the debuffs 'nerfed', why I say 'force' a switch in offensive power for the traders by changing shotgun to dark blue and pistols to green is simple:
    If they nerf the trader debuffs, they also nerf the trader's contributions in a team oriented situation which is part of what the OE patch is trying to promote.

But people like you can't see past your nose to see that. A trader in a team uses the bonus skills taken from a mob as a buffer so they can boost their team and remain at normal strength. Some traders go one further and boost a specific individual on top of the team wrangle, actually placing themselves into the negatives. Now perhaps you've never been a good team before so you can't see how a trader doing this for a nanotechnician in his team would be a good benefit. Or maybe you ran up the level ladder so fast you never got to see it. But in team facing mobs on par with their level, a nanotechnician or doctor getting boosted like this makes a significant difference. Nevermind anyone else in the team that might suddenly be able to use nanos off their level from the team wrangle and how it would increase their effectiveness.

But then from the descriptions I've seen of your gamestyle, such as the raid by you and Snarf, I doubt you've ever seen benefits like that.

ill be damn

=>Lilith

Actually you start by upgading you r complitt.. to get it higest posible you also use a complitt buff.. that enables bigger ncu wich enables bigger buffs.. a buff for a buff.. hard thingking or ?

the 64 in agi (if the implant even uses agi. did u think of that ?) is for ql 50-55. but still posible.. how ever.. more xpencive to come around.. and i dont like using more that 10min pr impl.. thats ½ a houer i use thinking and making and gettin 3 implants up running.

ohh.. you think its unfair that ppl would be able to take on a red moob?

what are you ? sub lvl 100?... its quite normal that you can kill a stronger moob.. you a human.. you have(maby not you) advanced tactical skills, been looking for big guns and amor (pets ) and go inside max't to kill som standard moob that havnt run around the last 2 weeks to find a big amor and a premium special edition Stigma or somthing else. besides, do you from xperience know HOWMANY yellow moob you have to kill to go from lvl 102 to 103 or from 149 to 150 ?

i should kill yellows NONSTOP for houers.. not going to op, not chitchatting every 15 about the weather, not going to town to sell stuff.. plain simple KILL NONSTOP. hvo many places kan i do that in? mission? there is like no enough to kill.. and its pretty lame getting 5k xp wenn you need 2.000.000xp or for the higher lvls 30.000.000xp to gain a damn lvl

so frankly you can take you yellow moob idear and keep it.

say you can wote as a trial user ? if so FC is even lamer than i thought, wich matematical should be quite imposible.. hmm.. oh well.. its fc after all

------
    =>Koyote

and now to a plain flame of Koyote wich simply didnt get sh't of what was written.

so you can see that the majority of the users care? care for what?
    have i ever said that it was a bad reply he came with ? huh ?
    so where did that came from? i wotet it was a nice reply my self..
    are you blind or lesser dump?

then nxt you totaly out of the blue indicate, is that i dont like getting infos? is this you usual intelligence? plz be so kind to point out where i have ever said "i dont like informations" ? is this "twisting my words" somthing you like doing or is it because you have a problem somewhere?

then u get me this shi*t story...
    ""It's a poll to see if it is worth the time for Funcom to even try and explain their actions. You may wish to be totally blind-sided in the future but I at least like knowing why they do the things they do even if it may only be partially true.""

let me xplain some simple stuff wich you obvius dont get..

EVERY company that deliver something to their costomers are "obligatet" to keep their customer up to date. EVERY company is xpectet to do so. EVERY company's custemers LIKE being informed of produckt updates/improvement.. this was out debatet like 8 month ago (where you obvius wasn't around) wenn FC had this "i can do it my self without you knowing " attitude. now the responce has been better and every singel of FC's customers like getting info's.. but i could care less for the lame pool that is put up. as you have failed to notis the pool is not about if we like "getting update" but is about if "Gaute's update are nice, so he can feel comfident enough to make one more".

I dont like or need to wote the man into a happy mood so he wants to make a new update on stuff.. i quite frankly DEMAND and XPECT an report/updat on whats going on.. and i would like it every 2 weeks or so, so i can see the status of every project.

that would have enabled me to see "working on pet pathing" being on the list for more than 12 month now. that would have made me able to say to gaute.. hey, why is that subject still on the list? why have you after 1year not been able to fix a damn path problem ? why can a shade still fly? why can...etc

then you go on..
    ""It doesn't take a rocket scientist do see they want to know if it was a waste of their time to try and keep us informed. ""

well obvius you aint a rocket sceintist.. cus this pool aint about if we like getting informed.. they learned that back in the past wenn ppl left because of their lame ass managment.

this is a pool, if hes report are ****ty or if its a nice job.. this is us giving grades to Gaute for hes report.. and ill give him a straight B. did you get it now or do you need futher xplanations?

""It's NOT a poll about if the OE patch should be implemented but a Poll about if it is a waste of their time to give info and the answer is a resounding we want it.""

you still dont get it huh? its NOT a damn poll about if it is a waste of their time to give info and the answer is NOT that the resounding want it. Can't you read? its a pool if hes report was good'ok' or bad.. thats it.. it even says so nxt to the small circles you click in. are you truly blind or what ?

so.. you cant belive you have to xplain this ? well i cant belive you didn't get **** of whatyou claim to have understandet. i cant belive you claiming to have been around since day 1 (of what? march '02 ?) and still havnt got a clue. i cant belive that you roll you eyes while reading this stuff, because its obvius that you are having problem reading and i think you should pay more attention.

begone...
    Last edited by Lord; Mar 20th, 2002 at 17:06:11.

Couple of things caught my eye here. One was in your signature:

Originally posted by Zaal

"NT's can't over equip armor beyond implants and general buffs (no insane Intelligence or Psychic buffs) and can't overequip weapons since they use direct-damage, damage-over-time and nanoformula methods that require your actually stats and buffs to be active for you to use them. Don't complain about us being powerful when you obviously haven't even played one past level 100. NT's - the original red-headed stepchild of Anarchy Online." - Zaal
    No NT's can't OE their nanos without aid from another profession. Right now there are plenty of NT's trying to reduce the professions that would allow an NT to 'overequip' their nanos to one: Metaphysicist. That's the other side of nerfing the trader buffs.
    What most of u noobs don't know about the engineer class is that at higher levels implants don't boost your skills enough above your natural abilities to make your pet any better than yellow to yellow-orange.

I can wear ql 150-160ish implants and my self cast pet using Nelebs, gen buffs, and the gen intell buff is barely one tic above me and very yellowish to me. Without getting anykind of external help to make the pet, my dmg output is EQUAL to my pet. (I.E. taunt the mobs we fight equally)

Only by over equipping now can i get the same results that I got with only implants at lvl 30.

It gets worse people.
    Hmm...An engineer's or crat's bot, or an MP's pet. They're more than a straight tradeoff between the power of a soldier's nova or everybody's shotgun. A team member that doesn't complain? Is always ready to play when you're ready to play? It follows orders? True, he may get lost in missions. But then again, how many party members get lost when travelling multiple playfields to get to a mission or hunting zone?

Noobs shoudln't complain cause they DON'T know... when u KNOW you have the right to ask for changes.

Pet's need a better OE rule than 2-% total loss of control. IMO, any 132 wrangle or 140 mochams should be allowed into the equation at least and then add 10-20% over that and after that reduce damage but not toal loss of control. My biggest beef is the in-game-world methodology that explains how we control the pets. Thru nanotechnological signals? Then tie in our psychic ability instead for the control loss factor. Or intelligence as the case may be. Anything except a DUMB SIMPLE AND CHEAP attempt to dumb down the only cool features of a very cool and complex game.

Don't make me a cookie cutter player. I don't want to be like everyone else. And that's what the OE patch feels like it gonna do.
    Pet owners getting forced to make a saving throw if they get debuffed is a good idea. I had a suggested a saving throw scheme versus the appllicable stat. Psychic works for charmed pets but that's only one class of pet. So instead why not do this:

Pet owners have to make a saving throw based on the amount they're 'overequipped' everytime they issue a command to the pet. If they fail, the pet turns on them (heal pets can start DoTing for their heal amounts). So if the pet owner is 0-20% overequipped, nothing happens. 20-40% overequipped, they have a 25% chance losing control every time they issue a command. 40-60%, 50% chance. Anyone that's played a pet profession knows it's difficult to go more than 30 seconds without giving their pet a new command. Balances out in terms of risk to me.

Noobs? So everyone who doesnt aggree with you is a noob?

About the pet... you prefer it deep blood red?

It gets worse people.
    Yes, I might guess that at level 189 you might even get a yellow pet! oh horror, 189 levels of uberness to end up with a YELLOW PET!!! <gasp> And at 200... omg...

Stepping back into reality ?

Noobs shoudln't complain cause they DON'T know... when u KNOW you have the right to ask for changes..
    What makes you think you're not a noob? you're what ? level 108 out of 200? so you're 58% of the maximum level in this game (which is not even 50% into the game, as levels get longer and longer), and the only way you know how to play this game is to be overequipped.

That's the silliest argument ever. If you are so much for OE; you are probably trying to get the highest implants, as all other OE'rs. You fit the cookie cutter template of the OE'r.

If you're so much into buffing and using OE gear, you must never dare to leave your pretty armor for which you swapped implants, got tons of buffs, etc...

You never let your weapon out of ammo, by fear it would drop back in your back pack...

So what do you look like? Neleb's coat + pillows/shotty/pistol + cyber armor + slayerbot ?

When you see an engineer nowadays, you have to look around for the oe pet. How does OE make you out of the cookie cutter template? Complete OE makes you a OE Drone, no personality, only numbers to have the most optimized combo of items/implants to have the highest pet. What's so original and personal about it???

When I see a newbie, he usually have stuff that doesnt sound right for his class / level, you might see a nanomage in str/sta heavy armor and laugh your ass off at the IP waste, but he looks more unique than any OE'r. Is he having fun? I bet a newbie has more fun... mainly because he doesnt know what the vet's made with the game, how funcom had to deal with the way exploiters of the first days, and OE'rs of today made the game so easy that the devs had to beef up everything for everyone. Yet, you consider calling someone a noobie when they see the game differently? When they want to play the game as it was intended and with a sense of challenge?
    Account status Open

Re: ill be damn

the 64 in agi (if the implant even uses agi. did u think of that ?) is for ql 50-55. but still posible.. how ever.. more xpencive to come around.. and i dont like using more that 10min pr impl.. thats ½ a houer i use thinking and making and gettin 3 implants up running.
    Ok, you proved what I wanted to know...

QL20: ability around 44
    QL30: ability around 64
    QL40: ability around 84
    QL50: ability around 104
    QL60: ability around 124
    etc...

If everything else you said is of the same accuracy, I don't need to read any further. Post a screenshot for us of a implant of QL30 so we can all see the requirement in abilities.

Have a nice day

RU NUBI ? I'LL GET MY MAN !!

edit: wrote skill instead of ability
    Last edited by Lilith; Mar 20th, 2002 at 17:20:25.
    Account status Open

insane ppl

Kuroshio your are plain insane.. xplain to me HOW a robot can turn on its owner?

so, if i do a xtreme simpel command like "echo damn" then i could end up in fdisk ?

its a robot.. it dont turn.. that was 2day's most insane idea i've ever heard.. this aint biological being.. this is a programmed machine made by a chief/master engineer. they dont turn,fall asleep,go behind, get drunk or pregnent.. but should they after all do so.. its not their fail.. its cus fc sux as usaly

Talking impl

=>Lilith

oh.. seem'ed you made a check up.. then you must be right.. havnt checked it yet my self, but i wrote what i was sure i could remember.. but if its a ql30 that requiers 64 in agi (wich im might not even use) then thats my bad..

<-- going in AO mode and wont be around for a while
    Last edited by Lord; Mar 20th, 2002 at 17:26:42.

Re: insane ppl

Kuroshio your are plain insane.. xplain to me HOW a robot can turn on its owner?

so, if i do a xtreme simpel command like "echo damn" then i could end up in fdisk ?

its a robot.. it dont turn.. that was 2day's most insane idea i've ever heard.. this aint biological being.. this is a programmed machine made by a chief/master engineer. they dont turn,fall asleep,go behind, get drunk or pregnent.. but should they after all do so.. its not their fail.. its cus fc sux as usaly
    Go to Blockbusters and rent any of the following:

Terminator
    Terminator 2: Judgement Day
    2001: A Space Odessy

Better yet, just remember these simple words:
    Anarchy Online is a science-FICTION game!

It's a friggin suggestion. Yeesh, pull your head outta your textbooks! And it's a suggestion that would allow an engineer to keep their OE bots with an acceptable risk they could control.

Re: insane ppl

if someone did "alias echo=fdisk" maybe depending on your OS

this is a programmed machine made by a chief/master engineer. they dont turn,fall asleep,go behind, get drunk or pregnent
    /em tries to make the toaster fall in love with the coffee machine.... maybe the offspring will be a slayerdroid
    Account status Open

Re: ill be damn (yes you will ;-)

[B=>Koyote

and now to a plain flame of Koyote wich simply didnt get sh't of what was written.

so you can see that the majority of the users care? care for what?
    have i ever said that it was a bad reply he came with ? huh ?
    so where did that came from? i wotet it was a nice reply my self..
    are you blind or lesser dump?

then nxt you totaly out of the blue indicate, is that i dont like getting infos? is this you usual intelligence? plz be so kind to point out where i have ever said "i dont like informations" ? is this "twisting my words" somthing you like doing or is it because you have a problem somewhere?

then u get me this shi*t story...
    ""It's a poll to see if it is worth the time for Funcom to even try and explain their actions. You may wish to be totally blind-sided in the future but I at least like knowing why they do the things they do even if it may only be partially true.""

let me xplain some simple stuff wich you obvius dont get..

EVERY company that deliver something to their costomers are "obligatet" to keep their customer up to date. EVERY company is xpectet to do so. EVERY company's custemers LIKE being informed of produckt updates/improvement.. this was out debatet like 8 month ago (where you obvius wasn't around) wenn FC had this "i can do it my self without you knowing " attitude. now the responce has been better and every singel of FC's customers like getting info's.. but i could care less for the lame pool that is put up. as you have failed to notis the pool is not about if we like "getting update" but is about if "Gaute's update are nice, so he can feel comfident enough to make one more".

I dont like or need to wote the man into a happy mood so he wants to make a new update on stuff.. i quite frankly DEMAND and XPECT an report/updat on whats going on.. and i would like it every 2 weeks or so, so i can see the status of every project.

that would have enabled me to see "working on pet pathing" being on the list for more than 12 month now. that would have made me able to say to gaute.. hey, why is that subject still on the list? why have you after 1year not been able to fix a damn path problem ? why can a shade still fly? why can...etc

then you go on..
    ""It doesn't take a rocket scientist do see they want to know if it was a waste of their time to try and keep us informed. ""

well obvius you aint a rocket sceintist.. cus this pool aint about if we like getting informed.. they learned that back in the past wenn ppl left because of their lame ass managment.

this is a pool, if hes report are ****ty or if its a nice job.. this is us giving grades to Gaute for hes report.. and ill give him a straight B. did you get it now or do you need futher xplanations?

begone... [/B]
    *laughs*

First off it's A Poll not a Pool a P O L L.
    A Pool is something you swim in.

If you are going to try and flame at least be intelligent about it.

And It is a useful one to AO and not just a grade.
    And most of us Want and liked his article and didn't think it was useless '****' as you say.

I cant help you are too hostile to articulate what you mean.

Perhaps if the game makes you that upset you should quit and take up Tai Chi.

Seriously though, you said the poll was useless and I disagree.
    I believe (and I have been in the Corp world and worked for Accolade and Buena Vista software) That they are gathering information that will be useful to them and in turn to us. The majority of the users agree it was and is useful and good.

Actually they aren't obligated to give us any info, of course without some we would all quit out of confusion.

If you want to complain, complain about the game mechanics not some poll that tool about 3 mins to set up and the company will find useful and helpful.

And you might want to do so from a less vulgar more adult prospective.

People will actually take what you say more seriously and less childish if you do.

-Koyote
    Last edited by Koyote; Mar 20th, 2002 at 18:52:11.

Re: Re: ill be damn (yes you will ;-)

Originally posted by Koyote
    *laughs*

First off it's A Poll not a Pool a P O L L.
    A Pool is something you swim in.

If you are going to try and flame at least be intelligent about it.
    remember: not everyone speaks english fluently. Intelligence is not measured by your spelling or grammar.
    Account status Open

Re: Re: Re: ill be damn (yes you will ;-)

Originally posted by Lilith

remember: not everyone speaks english fluently. Intelligence is not measured by your spelling or grammar.

Oh I know.

But it is printed in English enough times (and on the Poll it'self and in every other post)

If your gonna flame like that one, really he should take a little care to make sure he spells the main word that a flame revolves around correctly Notice there are alot of things I could have flamed on in his reply but I didnt. But I do think if your gonna flame and swear and all you really should get the main word right.

Knowing that and not, is a sign of intelligence I think.

I am going to set up a Flame Koyote account to keep the rest of the ramblings out of this thread.

-Koyote
    Last edited by Koyote; Mar 20th, 2002 at 19:41:15.

Angry I dont like t scooby

In all honesty i think this patch will ruin the game that we have right now, and i think a lot of people will b leaving

OE is i think part of the complex game structure we have, in Quake for example u spend hours playin with yer mouse to get good, to me in AO the same applies with OE, people spend hours choosing their proffession equipping to the best their char can take and meking a Char as powerfull as they can with clever buffing imps etc, i have heard the argument that people think its a money problem, and to a certain degree its possible this is true, but the simple fact is that people dont like OE's because they die when they fight them, I dont OE and regually die when caught in PvP but thats my fault, i dont spend the time fine tuning my char to beat them, asfar as me and most of my freinds are conserned the only people that complain r n00bs that cant or dont want to get good at the game by spending time preparing for PvP, its gonna change the game so much that u should seriousley rename it and flog it as a new game, cos it aint gonna b AO baby

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast