Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Overequipping and the IP reset: A follow-up

Very good post Carrah.

I agree Funcom just wants to change every rule humanly possible
    to make this game a dull-shoot-em-up-for-a-day to level game.

I'll pass.

Im not wasting my time, for you'll probably change the mechaincs
    of the game in 15.2. When you disable Yamahals flying ability
    because the 'casual' player could never afford such quick
    transporation to missions for quite only the possible way to get XP. Mind numbing.

First off.. Thx for a great game

I'm looking forward to this patch to see how it all works out.

I'm not into PvP and I don't know much about the rules regarding it but I've heard that you do about half the dmg in PvP so why not make the debuffs do half effect too? or make the traders get drained sort of like when they do wrangles (mabye not as much but some).

This might not be possible at all or it might mess up the traders totally, I don't know.. (hell, I'm an Atrox ), these were just thoughts that popped up when I read this since alot of ppl seem to think the traders get to pwrfull , I'll propably get flamed like hell by all the traders now, hehe

/H

Re: The poll

Originally posted by grahamX0r
    If that poll is some kind of lame attempt to show that the OE changes (as described) have player support, I'm going to be a very upset customer.
    That poll is to give Gaute som feedback on how good his articles are. I thought it would be nice to show him some numbers, instead of just being lame and claiming all players agree with me.

The poll has nothing to do with how people like the over-equipping changes.

PS: For those who haven't voted yet, go here.

The hell?

What is that poll crap? This isn't even anything like what we've been telling you to poll, damnit! I don't care in the slightest what Gaute "The Non-gamer" writes in his articles because he obviously doesn't know anything about this game he runs from the an 80's arcade game! Also what the hell is the point in asking us what we feel you've written about is good or not when you don't plan on changing WHAT is being done regardless???

ONCE AGAIN:
    -> MAKE A POLL ON WHO WANTS THE OE PATCH AND WHO DOES NOT. ASK IF THEY WANT IT, EVEN ASK WHAT THEY WOULD LIKE AND DISLIKE ABOUT IT. STOP BEING LAZY AND IGNORING THE CUSTOMER BASE AND CONTINUING DOING WHAT YOU *FEEL* LIKE DOING!!!

IT CAN'T BE SAID ANY SIMPLER!? CAN YOU JUST DO WHAT IS ASKED AND DO IT THE RIGHT WAY?!?
    Freshman Malcom "Raysight" Age
    Deep Winter Faction

Re: The hell?

Originally posted by Raysight
    ONCE AGAIN:
    -> MAKE A POLL ON WHO WANTS THE OE PATCH AND WHO DOES NOT. ASK IF THEY WANT IT, EVEN ASK WHAT THEY WOULD LIKE AND DISLIKE ABOUT IT. STOP BEING LAZY AND IGNORING THE CUSTOMER BASE AND CONTINUING DOING WHAT YOU *FEEL* LIKE DOING!!!
    1 problem with a poll like this: there are tons of people who have no clue what OE is. So their vote will just be void right? Unfortunately, they will give an almost random result. Unless you take into account the basic conservative instinct of the normal person: I don't know what's going on, everything seems fine, no reason to change. So uninformed persons will be against the OE patch, informed persons will give their advice, but we will already have more voices against the OE patch; is this really representative of the problem?

To me this poll will be flawed:
    - if run on the forums, it will grab the attention of those who roam the forums and seek the most information they can find about the game: those people usually overequip. The people who don't care about the forums are more likely to be casual players with no interest in OEing. So they won't vote since they don't come to the forums.
    - if the poll is run in game, people will vote lightly is they don't know what its all about.
    - some people have several accounts, who else than powergamers afford several accounts for themselve?

Do you really think the poll would give any insight about people's stance on the OE patch? The figures will not be accurate enough.

IT CAN'T BE SAID ANY SIMPLER!? CAN YOU JUST DO WHAT IS ASKED AND DO IT THE RIGHT WAY?!?
    I didn't know you were Funcom's CEO. Funcom decides what's best for their game, and the way they do it is their choice, not ours. I didnt buy the game, I am merely paying the rights to play it online, on their servers, maintained by their people. If I don't like it, I can go away and find something better to do with my money. But I never bought any right to tell them what to do and how to do it. If they ask me my advice, I will give it. But they are free to do as they please. So are you superior to me? Did you buy more company shares than anybody else?
    Date of registration 2001-06-27 13:46:17 UTC
    Account status Open

Re: Engineers...

Originally posted by Weazul
    Ok, I have to agree and disagree...

Yes, your pets are something like weapons, BUT they provide some interesting side benefits that my weapon does not...

1) Monsters attack ME, not my weapon.
    2) My weapon attack does not allow me to "kick the monster too".
    3) My weapon does not allow me to sit down and heal myself while it shoots.
    4) My weapon costs credits to reload, I don't just have to pay for it once and shoot forever.

Now I admit I am new here, my character is only 20 hours old, but having gotten to level 22 solo, I think I have seen how things work. If any of my points above are wrong, please say so, I am always game to learn more.

Weazul
    Just to add to what grahamXOr said..

1) I get attacked quite often. If I'm not standing a mile away from my pet, the adds will come to me. This is especially true in missions -- my pet is ignored and I am chased.

2) I don't know what you mean by kick the mob.. if you mean I can do something else while attacking? No, Engineers are usually busy healing their pet (as you would heal yourself), and adding/changing Trimmers to give the pet a better chance in battle.

3) If my pet is getting attacked, yes I can sit down and heal. But if I'm not the one getting attacked, why would I need to heal myself? I don't think I've ever been attacking a mob at the same time as my pet and had the mob change aggro from me to my pet. Would be nice if this happened though.

4) Actually, to make a pet, it costs money. Also, healing your pet constantly costs a lot of nano. In teams, I am always going through many more nano rechargers than NTs and Doctors. At higher levels (no offense of course), nano recharges become *very* expensive, much more expensive than health rechargers. Ammo never changes in price, and is very very cheap :-)

And oh yea, our pets are only created from nanos. Every nano from the Warbot/Warmachine series up through Slayer is unavailable in stores and I have never found one in a mission (I'm very unlucky), so each nano ends up costing us an enormous amount of credits, usually over 1million just for low-level Warbot nanos, because there is such short supply. When you die, you don't need a nano to re-make your gun, nor do you have to pay millions of credits for a gun that shoots for just a little more damage

Our classes are very different. My original comments still stand -- our bot is our weapon, and our armor. We don't just stand around while it attacks, we're doing things to it behind the scenes, most of the time. Having our pet stop responding completely instead of fall under the 20% OE rules for armor/weapons is still a little too harsh, imho, and I don't expect many people who don't play a pet profession to understand this.

Have a good one!

--Tsk
    Last edited by Sheffy; Mar 20th, 2002 at 14:03:20.

Wink maybe...

I didn't know you were Funcom's CEO. Funcom decides what's best for their game, and the way they do it is their choice, not ours. I didnt buy the game, I am merely paying the rights to play it online, on their servers, maintained by their people. If I don't like it, I can go away and find something better to do with my money. But I never bought any right to tell them what to do and how to do it. If they ask me my advice, I will give it. But they are free to do as they please. So are you superior to me? Did you buy more company shares than anybody else?
    Maybe its becuse people like this game and see somethings bad is going to happen to it?
    Last edited by Tecscope; Mar 20th, 2002 at 13:52:45.

Hi

this is my first post ever

I am a noob of AO but I have a thing too say about all this. All people are so annoyed of the OE and such but no one I have seen have had any consearn of the ipr. I personaly think this ipr will destroy the game in some way. The level upp will get boring because u can set the ip were ever u will, and the just reset it if u are not happy with it.

I think this is bad, for in any other game I have played it is like if u screw up in distributing your skillz u are f**ked. This is how I want it. When u create your character u already have a plan and a strat.

Ok if u got your skill nurfed and feel u have lost alot of ip, dont keep playing that character then make another one.

The ip reset will make all players more powerfull THAT is what I think is wrong. I would like too see 2 level 200 players with the same proffesinal but they are not similar good because one of them had a plan on the creation of the character and the other one did not think that much when distributing the ip....

hmm I am not very good at explaining myself but mayby someone understand were I am getting at.

/gfejs

Re: maybe...

Originally posted by Bluetec

Maybe its becuse people like this game and see somethings bad is going to happen to it?
    I love the game too, and something bad happened to it a while back, now that they are trying to fix it you complain

Now, the way they fix it is not 100% coherent, the debuff makes you OE part is fubar.

Remains, no one but Funcom owns the game. And if you love this game you would know that something bad happened a long while ago, its not just going to happen only in the future. Players "who love the game" broke it as much as Funcom. Funcom was responsible for letting loopholes, and players for exploiting them.
    Account status Open

Whatever

I'm not here to have a little personal power-struggle/scuffle on whos more right in a stupid situation with you Lilith.

I did pay for this game, I paid the 40 bucks when the game came out the second day and paid for that with money from my wallet. How did you not pay for your copy of Anarchy Online? Did you steal it from the store or just take over someone elses account from eBay?

Regardless of whatever you did to get to this point, what should be done should be what the people who play this game think and want done. I personally like playing this game, I like the way things are set up and I like how things are now eventually being improved. I do *not* like things going in reverse - aka. being nerfed. OE patch is a nerf, does anyone here REALLY REALLY like nerfs when its aimed at *their* profession, breed, class, game, etc? The simple answer to that is no, they do not like it.

So you say, why take a poll? The masses will be scared and uninformed, they will go insane and riots will break out and leets will overrun the cities!? Get over it, I'd say a good 80% at least of the players know what the OE patch is at this point. I'd say that the other 20% that don't know are either away on vacation, don't care, or won't vote anyways. So maybe doing a poll won't get ALL of AO players opinions, and maybe there will be people who own 3 accounts voting all yes, or all no, but they PAY that extra money for that extra vote, so let them!

I pay to play this game, and I have been paying for the past 8 months. I will not continue to pay for it to be screwed into a game of math and equations with a graphical dice roll and a chat room built in.

And yes, I feel that people that stand up for their beliefs and what they like, and what they think should be done correctly, and fight for it with what they think is for the good of others and not just themselves are superior. I feel they are very superior to the people who just roll over and "take it since they obviously can't do anything so I might as well just be quiet and watch". So then the answer is yes, I am superior to you.
    Freshman Malcom "Raysight" Age
    Deep Winter Faction

Talking

The best not to take a poll is that it will not stop this insane anti FC/OE whining... Regardless of result

Re: Whatever

I did pay for this game, I paid the 40 bucks when the game came out the second day and paid for that with money from my wallet. How did you not pay for your copy of Anarchy Online? Did you steal it from the store or just take over someone elses account from eBay?
    Bought 4 accounts online on day 1, 2 in shops, 3 online after release. Yes thats 9 accounts. And I paid for the box, the manual, the CD, and the compiled client. I pay to maintain accounts open. But I never bought the source code, intellectual property, copyrights, management rights, and commercial licensing of AO

Regardless of whatever you did to get to this point, what should be done should be what the people who play this game think and want done. I personally like playing this game, I like the way things are set up and I like how things are now eventually being improved. I do *not* like things going in reverse - aka. being nerfed. OE patch is a nerf, does anyone here REALLY REALLY like nerfs when its aimed at *their* profession, breed, class, game, etc? The simple answer to that is no, they do not like it.
    Don't like nerfs? take a stupid row of numbers:

2 2 2 2 3 2 2 2 2

You nerf 3, and your row of number is fixed... you could also up the number 2's, that would take 8 modifications instead of one.

Now imagine the max range was meant to be 4, and the low range to be 1. Upping everything to 3 means you're not in the middle anywhere. So upping everything was wrong and nerfing was the right solution.

Nerfing is bad uh? So you start with a pea shooter, your friend buys a bb gun, you buy a real machine gun, he buys a tank, you buy a nuke... end of the world.

maybe there will be people who own 3 accounts voting all yes, or all no, but they PAY that extra money for that extra vote, so let them!
    Poll sounds like democracy; people buying more votes doesnt.

I pay to play this game, and I have been paying for the past 8 months. I will not continue to pay for it to be screwed into a game of math and equations with a graphical dice roll and a chat room built in.
    Sorry but thats exactly what it is right now.

And yes, I feel that people that stand up for their beliefs and what they like, and what they think should be done correctly, and fight for it with what they think is for the good of others and not just themselves are superior. I feel they are very superior to the people who just roll over and "take it since they obviously can't do anything so I might as well just be quiet and watch". So then the answer is yes, I am superior to you.
    I stand up for my beliefs, ... but I don't feel the need to blackmail ("if that goes in, ill cancel my account"), or demand stuff to the game company. If I didnt stand up for my beliefs I wouldnt even be answering you right?
    Account status Open

Question OE, agents and FPs?

Have F.C./Gaute considered the OE patch's impact on the agents' false profession skills?

The only use I have found for FPs (so far) is to buff up oneself (usually with NT/trader) to be able to wear weapon/armour/implants.

It is really not convenient to run around in your FP body as your nano casting takes forever, but if it drops (after OE patch), my weapon will be over equipped even though I have equipped it without outside help, only by using my skills (and a hell lot of credits to buy nano formulas).

Have this been considered at all?

In my opinion the OE patch is good (I, too, am tired of seeing "grey" engineers having "dark red" pets), but I think the impact on agents might be extremely heavy as it takes away the only thing that is really special to agents.

Have this been considered at all?
    Could be an oversight, but as I see it it is not an overEQUIP patch, its an overUSE patch. Makes sense to me to use your current skill numbers, and not the one you had 1 hour ago...

wenn right is right

/applause 2 Raysight

your right about the poll, what's the damn pool worth, about what Gaute have wrote?

is this a sick joke?

back in high school i might get fedback from the teacher on a report saying this is bad/god etc. but G'dammit.. hes supposed to be a grown man with a very importent job.. he should know for him self if he has done a ok job or not, he should know what pool's we wantet and wich question he had avoidet in hes reply.

and sure.. if i have 2 accounts i get 2 votes.. nothing to be said there.. its just as fair as ppl with only one account, since having 2 accounts dosnt nesasarely make you wote no or yes for the upcomming patch

Re: wenn right is right

Originally posted by Lord Cyrik
    and sure.. if i have 2 accounts i get 2 votes.. nothing to be said there.. its just as fair as ppl with only one account, since having 2 accounts dosnt nesasarely make you wote no or yes for the upcomming patch
    Why have a poll if you can buy yourself more voices?
    Account status Open

Re: why what?

you must be sick... thatwas a lame ass question..this aint a milion dollar audience we are talking about.. even i some could afford to buy 5 accounts it wouldnt affect the pool notisable..
    Considering the average casual gamer has one account, and that overequippers would have it easier to maintain a secondary account to buff their other account.... It might end in a noticeable boost in the anti-OE patch people.

Considering 40$ for the game + 12$ per month, x12 month per year; per account. I think we are in the million dollar

and if some was tou buy 5 accounts only to wote ( do u get souch idears often? maby u should go see a doctor) there is not a gurantee to what they might wote. so again.. why would this make the pool so "untrue"?.
    http://www.anarchy-online.com/content/downloads/tryout/

Have a look at this link... as far as I know, many people have below average moral standarts in this game - exploiting is ok, Funcom designed the game with bugs and loopholes, its a duty to use them until it gets "nerfed". Right? So, a loophole in the account thing is nothing to stop them... you're right, I'm a sick paranoid girl.

nobody is complaining about that Gaute lickass pool... i think it shoul be removed since all the Gaute love sick puppys would go buy 500 accounts and wote "Gaute is god" begone...
    Well, that poll is useless to say the least; it's a good thing that they ask us what we think about it; but frankly there are better things to worry about. As usual, if someone is against you; and supports the company - which I am not - its without a doubt a "Fanboi" or "Love sick puppy" right? So, those people's ideas are just dismissed because the person is not worth your consideration?
    Account status Open

no answers to serious questions?

I am concerned that, with 25+ pages of response to this thread and a staggering 90ish to the other on 14.2, we have had *one* post from Cz or Cosmik in the past week.... and that response was addressed to the poll on Gaute's article writing. Clearly you are still reading the threads, but why can't you give us answers?

There are some very serious questions and some very good thoughts up on offer here....

I realize that this patch will go live, in one form or another, and that FC has done enough work on it to have answers to many of our questions. But when I see our CS team in baboons, or IRC, glibly talking about thongs and australian beer, I begin to wonder just what message we are supposed to be getting here.

Zyxlquith

=>Lilith

(irony)
    and the ppl using those xploits are also enormous common. at least 1 out of 5 is a OE that also take advantage of xploits and sure as hell has multiple accounts ?

if ppl use a xploit like the surgury unit tho get 10.000 in treatment.. ya, lets fix that.. but if they speculate in buffs and and such.. like getting 4 buffs to get the fifth buff, that enable u getting a new implant that enable 2 new buff.. then what ?

so if i start a agent, take on a medsuit, get a doc to buff me, insert ql30/40 implants at lvl 1-2 and then get my Gripo online. have i then cheatet like a bit'h or have i used my brain and advantage of being a powerplayer ??

why would u give the link to the trial download..? everybody here has bought the game =)
    Last edited by Lord; Mar 20th, 2002 at 15:20:47.

Nerfed Crats - OE Debuff

I'm trully mad (angry).

We are told that the Psych check remains in our charms, and on top of that the OE patch will make charming pets even harder.

Get hit by a debuff and 1 pet stops responding while the other beats you into a bloody pulp

Its pretty obvious that FC have never played as a crat.
    There is such a huge gap between DD Nanos, for little benefit. We have the worst wielded weapons in the game (my crat is level 56 and hits for 20 points and thats with a Desert Reet!!).
    Our Mezzes and Charms are Broken.
    Our range of de-motivational speaches aggro pretty much everything in the vicinity.
    We have only 1 buff for our pets.
    We have no trade skill.
    Our pets pathing is pityfull, many times my pet has wondered off in the oposite direction when I have instructed it to kill the Monster in the next room.
    Our NF cost a fortune, and we have to buy a new pet almost every level just to survive.
    Promised items like briefcases never arrived.
    Now we have the prospect of further nerfed charms and non-responsive pets, no better weapons, no trade skills, weak pets poor control over pets etc......

FOR GODS SAKE GIVE THE CRATS SOME LOVE!!
    We are a dying breed, I cant remember the last time I saw a high level Crat on RK2.

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast