Thread: Overequipping and the IP reset: A follow-up

Re: Re: Canceling

Originally posted by DrCam

Read the article... a few weeks? Heck, I don't wanna let Funcom get more money from me than necessary. If they decide to retract the patch, I can always un-cancel. But I don't think they'll get to their senses and do that...

DrCam

Cya. Good ridence.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Re: Solo-ability on 100+ >:(

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Paynie
    [B]

So you guys are not gonna tune the Mob HP down... would you please go and have a look at high end level play then...

With a self cast bot as an engi I tested it, it's quite hard to solo 2 yellows at 108 for me... I can cast a feeble warbot at that level and have normal imps for that ql 125... used expertises to get that feeble warbot ... So completely solo that is... I got an unfortunate add in a mission which the pet could luckily taunt off of me, but it killed him in the end so I had to leave the mission to cast another one...

Yes, I know you can go in again and kill em off, but I don't want to go lvl like this to all the way 200...

I could get a team yes, but this is not an issue here, it's about the ability to solo the game... I think you should take a serious look at the high lvl end of game ... it's no fun to have to kill off 285 yellows to get a level up when on level 1-10 you can get one by killing of 15 yellow mobs...

Why should xp you get each new level for killing a (yellow) mob increase linear over levels, and the xp totally needed per level end up exponentially? (or maybe it is linear, but then it needs some balancing I think... especially with the OE patch coming...)

Yes, your right. you should be able to take on two people who are equal to you in power. at the same time., without a problem. I dont know WHY FC doesnt see that Eng's NEED to be able to solo 80-90% missions with red monsters. DAMNIT!!!! I didnt lvl 4 times today!!!! ARG!!!! It took me almost 5 DAYS to get to lvl 200!!!!!

Will you people listen to yourselves? Maybe im just extra irritated today ( working at 5 in the morning on a Saturday will do that to to you ) but all you whining Eng's are making me sick. You are not SUPPOSED to be able to take on TWO yellow mobs at once. dont you understand that? Let alone red mobs. No one seems to understand these points.

Click to email me

Hope y'all get your levels in.....

I hope you all get your levels in before this goes live.

For those that will still be <lvl 100 when this goes live....too bad, THIS NERF'S FOR YOU !! Those who bothered to work on advancement will be immune to this short of getting hit with some bad trader debuffs. Engineers ? HAH ! I can keep my q200 slayer. My unbuffed skills fall well within the 20% requirement at lvl 130. So now, in relation to a lvl 99 engineer, I'm just that much MORE powerful. Same goes for all other classes. Characters over lvl 100 have a much better chance of meeting the requirements of OE'd gear than those that are still stuck in the <lvl 100 skill caps.

Instead of concentrating on doing what the 'evil OEr's' have been doing ( using the in-game system -NOT cheating- ), and developing your characters, you all spent your time and energy whining. Now, those that worked at it are even MORE powerful than those that whined. This is your just reward for wanting to bring down others instead of working to better yourself ....MUAHAHAHA !!!!

Halbundy

Re: Hope y'all get your levels in.....

Originally posted by Halbundy
    I hope you all get your levels in before this goes live.

There, you see? something else FC needs to be concerned about. A HUGE number of people are going to be power-leveling before this patch hits live, just so it doesn't hurt them personally.

they want us to slow down on the leveling, but fear of this patch will just speed it up.....

YES, I am to lvl 100 already (yeah, I read that the other day about how this won't affect high level players...) and I am so sick of people telling me,each time I protest this patch in its proposed form, to "go out and get some levels." I tell them that for me there is more to this game than leveling. To be honest, I am now to the point where I'm not *wanting* to level much. I'd rather spend time planning guild events, or chatting with friends or running around town looking for that pair of open fancy pants I know must exist somewhere...

so basically, this patch, in addition to totally throwing off game balance, potentially introducing very serious new bugs into the system, and causing many veteran customers to despair, will induce a level-frenzy.....

*sigh*
    I hope someone out there is listening.....

Zyxlquith lvl 100 trader
    -- Acting President, Omni Shadow Ops

Re: Re: Re: Solo-ability on 100+ >:(

Originally posted by Lucid Flow

The problem is that at level 108, you need about 2.3m exp to level. A yellow mob at that level might give you 7-10k exp.

That means you have to kill 230 yellow conned mobs (max 10k exp each) in order to level once.

Do you know how much time that will take?

so why are you tkaing time to ***** here? go start killing to get that lvl with your yellow mobs.

Click to email me

Thumbs up mmmm

Can I have some more cake plz?

It is impressive how people ignored Scumbug posts.

I would have comments from FC about such a solution for OE. For my part I find Scumbug one clearly good and FC one clearly bad. I am pro an OE change but it has to be done wisely.

Originally posted by Zuh
    It is impressive how people ignored Scumbug posts.
    Okay....
    Scumbug sugestion, I don't like it.
    I prefer FC's way better.
    well it's the best they can do while not pissing off too much the OE'rs
    The way I'd like it to work for everyone is if you dont have the skill you don't fire/wear/cast whatever.
    You are still given a 20% margin to OE for god sakes. and after that you can still fire/wear/cast...
    Personally I find it those asking STILL more than this pushing the envelope and a bit narrow minded to some professions and the game as a whole.

Yep I am fine with the OE patch coming. it needed some balance.

But I seriusly think that the current debuff power of a trader is going to hugely crippling in PVP. And in Mobs its already crippling to any casting class. Now it will extend to players with pets and weapon users. Nts been complaining long and hard about this, we couldnt OE our nukes without a MP being dragged around...now the rest of the classes gets to taste this....and your not going to reduce HP on mobs to allevaite this problem?

You nerfed Stun in 48 hours. You let this go live with the immense debuffs you can get at high level and you will completely render players useless against MOBs. Let alone against traders in PVP.

Can the player base stand up going into a mission with a solid team say a pet class, a nuker and some weapon users....and with a few debuffs, turn a Pet off....Turn weapon & nuke users into down 50%. And still expect to kill a Ace? Nt already know how horrendous Traders Mobs are to debuffing nanos. Solo Nts delete mission if they face off against 3 traders in opening room. Now you going to basically take away their guns as well as their nukes?

So you say take a trader and he wrangles......EVERY 3 MINS? Get real extend the time.....PLUS You have to find the NCU for that BUFF? at 328 NCU and a recomplier I cant get a full range of NT buffs on plus an essence and a crit buff without having to lower one of my nano buffs to a lesser one to make room.....how the hell will I have room for a combat wrangle?

You either give all classes the ability to debuff or no one is going to stay in a fight. And all we will do is the run to the door like every NT does presently. Do u think players think a game is a challenge when they have to run to the door since they are being chaincast upon Plunder/Ransack. I dont think going from having a even fight to having no fighting ability is a challenge. This extreme is way too much.

You never checked how overpowering STUN was, yet you introduced it into game. Now your going to do a repeat again this time with traders.

A suggestion dont let trader debuffs enter into the OE equation. They are already crippling for nano classes. Why drag everyone else into something that NTs already find frustrating. And on top of that further gimping NTs in combat now making their weapons functionless as well.

Dont get me wrong I for one Am sick of seeing OE weapons and the like. level 70 agents in guns 3 times their level. But the debuffs are going to be way way crippling and the backlash will be bad. For me if you keep the debuffs as above the way you stated when you introduce this patch, you can add me to the bunch that will be leaving.

Phinger 163 NT

Originally posted by EvilGlitch
    "So far, if a Trader de-buffs the Nano-Technician (NT), the NT should run for the exit or grid entrance. Now this is also true for some of the pet professions."

Hello? This is a design FLAW! No one nano/spell should render any class completely useless. This is something that should be fixed! Instead you extend this crap to include other professions?
    Actually, I believe that there is a good sign there. If a weapon user suffers as much as a nano user when hit by a -211 debuff, then it shows that skill points have the same importance for both of them (it is currently not the case because of the ability to use OE'd items). If it really works that way, then I think it is good, and if the debuffs are stronger than intended, then toning them down would affect ALL professions in the same way.

Now, look at what can come after OE is dealt with:
    . weapons and nano skills being equally important means there is a common ground on which the balancing of nano professions vs weapon professions can be made easier;
    . it allows some serious balancing of weapon professions. Look back... what are the professions that have been successfully fixed? MP, MA. Two non OE'ing professions. Like Scumbug said, a level 80 agent can equip a QL 200 rifle. This prevents FC from raising the damage on high QL rifles to help agents at high levels, because this would overpower the lower level agents who will over-equip these rifles.

I think the OE patch is one step. What should be looked forward to is the subsequent profession balancing/"loving".

PS: I am still not sure that the proposed solution for pet classes is the good one, though.

I know what they have planned...

Anyone who has read the eight chapters of the AO novel may get a chuckle out of this...

In the begining of this novel there is a great plague. A company developes a miracle vaccine that seems to cure the plague in every person who is infected... Then the unthinkable happens, the cure turns out to be much worse then the plague and soon the world population is reduced to a mere fraction as all of the vaccinated die off as they are essentially devoured by the nanobots in the vaccine.

Anyone see the connection? Funcom creates this horrible problem called overequipping and speads it through increasing the difficulty of any mob over the level of 10. Then they offer the seemingly miraculous vaccine called 14.2... but it's only intended to kill off a large percentage of the world's population.

There will come a time when the 'living' will envy the 'dead' (who will have long since canceled thier subscriptions), so speaketh the mad prophet.

To Gaute and/or Funcom:

Fix the game before you end up destroying it. There are tons of gameplay bugs that are of a lot more importance than the overequipping issues. There are a lot of inventory problems (ones that could be remedied by 'saving' a character after completing a trade of any sort), mission playfield or mob AI bugs (shooting through walls or even from opposite ends of the playfield if a mob is stuck)... lots that should be FIXED before adding even more headaches to the game.

Without the reduction of mob power levels, your proposal leaves a LOT to be desired. Do not factor debuffs into the formula and loosen up on the harsh penalties a bit and your proposal will likely be tolerable for a larger percentage of the playerbase, otherwise you will lose players.

Re: Re: Solo-ability on 100+ >:(

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Turin
    [B]
    Originally posted by Paynie

So you guys are not gonna tune the Mob HP down... would you please go and have a look at high end level play then...

With a self cast bot as an engi I tested it, it's quite hard to solo 2 yellows at 108 for me... I can cast a feeble warbot at that level and have normal imps for that ql 125... used expertises to get that feeble warbot ... So completely solo that is... I got an unfortunate add in a mission which the pet could luckily taunt off of me, but it killed him in the end so I had to leave the mission to cast another one...

Yes, I know you can go in again and kill em off, but I don't want to go lvl like this to all the way 200...

I could get a team yes, but this is not an issue here, it's about the ability to solo the game... I think you should take a serious look at the high lvl end of game ... it's no fun to have to kill off 285 yellows to get a level up when on level 1-10 you can get one by killing of 15 yellow mobs...

Why should xp you get each new level for killing a (yellow) mob increase linear over levels, and the xp totally needed per level end up exponentially? (or maybe it is linear, but then it needs some balancing I think... especially with the OE patch coming...)

Yes, your right. you should be able to take on two people who are equal to you in power. at the same time., without a problem. I dont know WHY FC doesnt see that Eng's NEED to be able to solo 80-90% missions with red monsters. DAMNIT!!!! I didnt lvl 4 times today!!!! ARG!!!! It took me almost 5 DAYS to get to lvl 200!!!!!

Will you people listen to yourselves? Maybe im just extra irritated today ( working at 5 in the morning on a Saturday will do that to to you ) but all you whining Eng's are making me sick. You are not SUPPOSED to be able to take on TWO yellow mobs at once. dont you understand that? Let alone red mobs. No one seems to understand these points.
    Great when you do a 50% mission and there's three yellow mobs in the main room ...

You just shut your own insulting trap and get back to work lamer.

Engi NEED a MC / TS BUFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: What a load of crap..get real pot heads

Originally posted by Chief Engineer
    Lets see....wep users get a 20% reduction in their main form of dmg and I as an engineer that cant hit crap with my gun looses my only real form of protection, damage and worth because my pet wont respond at all?..this is crap. This is simply nano/eng hating!! We already have lil chance in PVP now your cutting our guts out and laughing at us with this idiots patch? Give up the weed morons you have had enough. Looks like its time to delete this game from my computer again and this time throw away the CD!

The only fair way to do this is to make the pet have the same penalties as if it was a gun or wep... Total loss of control?? Plain stupidity! I am far out damaged (me and pet combined) by all but one class now and your telling me I am to be nothing more than a freaking target? Nerf the freaking traders debuffs and solve this problem instead of screwing up another class. I already cant play my agent because of stupidity and nerfs such as this.

cya! can I have your stuff?

( you can see i dont have much sympathy )

Im a doc. I have played by these rules since.. oh.. DAY ONE. so, anyone that gets affected by this patch to bring you down to my lvl. I say GOOD. YOU DESERVE IT. OE SUCKS.

Click to email me

Thumbs up bring it on

Just looking forward to seeing what 14.2 brings. I think I'll be great for AO but we'll see.

Some of you anti-14.2 people are a trip. Did you all get hired by Blacksnow Interactive or what? It's a game!

Originally posted by stifelife
    Please give me a date so i know when to cancle.
    I heard the 11'th. can I have your stuff?

( those of you who want to cancel the game, just do it. dont bother to inform the rest of us, we dont care )

Click to email me

I'm Confused????

Someone plz explain all this hoopla over OE and character buffs effecting a PvP aspect of a game that honestly really has NO functional PvP

Lets be honest, Anarchy Online is no way no how a PvP game! To kill another player offers nothing in return! I asked one player "Why Player kill" I was told for a TITLE? A Title? A TITLE! ROFLMFAO... Holy header BATMAN!

To even consider chages like this IN THE NAME OF PvP BALANCE is confussing to say the least! Now i could understand the need to debuff twinks if customers were being releaved of all thier personal effects and items, but thier not! The most you do is send them back to thier save spot were they patiantly await thier returns and then scurry off to another boring endless life of monster bashing and mind numbing LEVELING.

As a fairly new customer to Anarchy's LvL'ing Online and comming from a four year stay with Ultima Online (Still active) I would like to say AO has no functional PvP!!! To even remotely believe it does is INSANE! AO PvP is the single biggest issue neding repair in this game! PvP in AO offers no reward, No looting rights and most of all NO SATIFACTION! I'm not real sure on this one point, so plz correct me if you would. But AO does not? Even offer auto defend when you are attacked by another player? So it's cumberson just alt/tab to aquire said target and in most cases your dead before you eventually do get them targeted

In any case my point being why try to balance some part of a game that really is useless, and completely avoidable I might add. These changes to *Coughs* PvP? Will honestly only effect the only part of AO that works PvM.

If it were me *SMILES* I believe my priority would be to install a PvP system before I tried to balance it *BIG GRIN* As for the changes making me cancel my accounts? Well,,,, I doubt it will have any barring on me. I'm about done with my evaluation of AO. And to me monster bashing for Lvl's is boring, the game is boring and it's basically lvl, lvl, lvl, lvl and even MORE lvl'ing.

Putting in a reward system for PvP would do wonders in my case without one, WELLLL, ADIOS Funcom *Winks*

Re: Re: Solo-ability on 100+ >:(

Originally posted by Turin

Will you people listen to yourselves? Maybe im just extra irritated today ( working at 5 in the morning on a Saturday will do that to to you ) but all you whining Eng's are making me sick. You are not SUPPOSED to be able to take on TWO yellow mobs at once. dont you understand that? Let alone red mobs. No one seems to understand these points. [/B]
    Now, now...If a even conned mob (yellow) means you have a 50/50 chance of surviving the fight, then 2 of them should equal about a 25% of survival. So you should be able to take on 2 yellow mobs at once. What you shouldn't be is surprised to see the reclaim terminal

Re: bring it on

Originally posted by Dr. Sent
    Just looking forward to seeing what 14.2 brings. I think I'll be great for AO but we'll see.

Some of you anti-14.2 people are a trip. Did you all get hired by Blacksnow Interactive or what? It's a game!
    I am anti-14.2 not because it may fix the OE problem but because it might break the game for the average casual player and have very little effect on the "ubers".

This has been the history of MMORPGs, where the little guy gets screwed all for the sake of balance and the balance is never fixed but the little guy is screwed just the same.

I guess you could say I'm not against the thought of fixing the extreme OE problem but I am definitely wary of the fix.

Call it Pavlovian but every patch always has a darkside that eventually overshadows anything good that comes of it. I learned that hard way in EQ.
    Pavlov's dogs go arf, arf, arf at the sound of a bell and MMORPG players go nerf, nerf, nerf, at the word of a patch.

Re: Re: Amen..

Originally posted by Asmodan

Look! Something we agree on!

NPC casters should not cast roots, slows, or primary skill debuffs (init debuffs are alright I guess). The duration and impact of these nanos just makes it no fun at all. Spending 10 minutes at -400 run speed because that last Seasoned Beauracrat thought he'd be spiteful right before he died is not cool. Sitting there for three minutes because that NPC trader got off a debuff on me isn't motivating me to spend more time playing.

Maybe those types of nanos could be reserved for 'boss' type monsters. Instead of those mobs just being super tough for their level it would be a bit more scary if Neleb popped out and immediately targetted the closest doctor with Unmake: Biomet and then hit the with Unmake: MatCrea. After that he could area root and run away.

That'd be a little more frightening than it currently is. Plus it would leave these nanos in the game, but instead of being annoying they would enhance the experience.

No way. They should be able to cast anythign a normal crat would. They need to work on the time durations though. Roots are easy to breok, its the slowdowns that kill you, since they cant be broken. 15 minutes!!!!!!!! WTF IS THAT?!?!?

Click to email me

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast